Urban Decay NAKED 3 palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my Naked 3 palette and use it primarily for day looks. I am surprised that I gravitate to the brown tones (Liar, Factory, Mugshot) more than some of the pink ones. And I adore Blackheart, which is very strange because I don't tend to use super dark colors. I find it to be a very useable "black" that blends beautifully.

I LOVE Naked3! I had all of them, but I gave my mom my Naked1 palette. Naked3 works the best for my eye and skin color, and I just love love love the colors. The only downside is that when mine came in the mail, one of the eyeshadows was a little destroyed. I didn't care that much, but then two of the eyeshadow pans fell out! And then the clasp broke so I couldn't close it all the way. After that, my husband insisted I send it back. Luckily I'm getting a replacement soon! Sorry for rambling, I just love these palettes so much. I live for neutrals, so I always feel like they were made for me 
rolleyes.gif

I must be the only one to feel this way... I feel very limited in the number of looks I can make.  It seems I am making the same look only darker or lighter, or I can add the gold in to spice things up a bit.  I have naked 1 & glinda and can do so many different looks with those, but this one not so much.  I received it as a gift for christmas and was going back and forth on if I should return it, but it was sitting there looking so pink and pretty that I just went for the other day.  I would love it if were a smaller pallette (like basics), but for $52 it should keep me occupied for a long time.  The quality is great...except it is loose on the top right corner and blackheart isn't secured in.

Quote: Originally Posted by lala27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I must be the only one to feel this way... I feel very limited in the number of looks I can make.  It seems I am making the same look only darker or lighter, or I can add the gold in to spice things up a bit.  I have naked 1 & glinda and can do so many different looks with those, but this one not so much.  I received it as a gift for christmas and was going back and forth on if I should return it, but it was sitting there looking so pink and pretty that I just went for the other day.  I would love it if were a smaller pallette (like basics), but for $52 it should keep me occupied for a long time.  The quality is great...except it is loose on the top right corner and blackheart isn't secured in.

I really like the palette but I do feel limited as well.  It isn't a be-all-end-all palette, but I don't think UD meant for it to be that way either.  It's just a nice supplement for a makeup stash and different enough from everything else to be something a little special.

I agree with you that there is less versatility with this palette than others I own, but I think it's only an issue if you only have this one palette. I've been using the colors in conjunction with other shadows I have with great results. And I feel quite comfortable just taking the Naked3 on a weekend trip. If it were a longer trip, I would just add in one of my Lorac Sweet Temptations bars for additional looks. I have noticed that when I do looks from the Naked 3 palette, my husband comments that he loves my makeup, so that's a big seller for me!

i might be the only one who likes Naked 1 the best... I've repeatedly swatched all 3 palettes in store and don't like 2 or 3 as much. 

Megan... I love my naked 1. I never tried naked 2 so I can't comment, but I chose to buy 1 over 2  so must like it better.   I also like the velvet feel of naked 1 better, otoh I like the big mirrors in 2 & 3.  I even pull out the mirror in naked basics instead of naked 1.  

Quote: Originally Posted by meganbernadette /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  i might be the only one who likes Naked 1 the best... I've repeatedly swatched all 3 palettes in store and don't like 2 or 3 as much. 

I bought N1 when it first came out, N3 last month and my sister got me N2 as a surprise, and honestly N1 is still my favorite.  I really like the additions 2 and 3 bring but I think 1 is the palette I will buy over and over as long as they make it. 

I think I love the Naked 3 the best only because it's so great for a peaches and cream complexion like mine. My skin is so pale with pink undertones so it just highlights my natural skin tone. Don't get me wrong, I love my Naked and Naked 2 as well, but there's just something oh so pretty and feminine about the Naked 3!

URGENT: The N3 palette is now officially back in stock on Sephora.com!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think I love the Naked 3 the best only because it's so great for a peaches and cream complexion like mine. My skin is so pale with pink undertones so it just highlights my natural skin tone. Don't get me wrong, I love my Naked and Naked 2 as well, but there's just something oh so pretty and feminine about the Naked 3!
Aww man, now I'm kicking myself for selling mine. I want it now, but I'm on a no-buy this month. Maybe in February... but maybe never. I have the Lorac Pro Palette, and I don't even use it. I'm so bad about using eyeshadow- maybe if I start creating some go-to looks and use my Pro palette more, I can justify getting myself the N3 palette. It's so pretty and I want it so bad!

I'm glad all of you are enjoying yours!

Show me some of your everyday looks with your N3, will you? I'd love to see what you all have come up with!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by SHYLAMOMA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just don't get what all the fuss is about with these freaking UD palettes…

'Cause they're PURDY! lol I absolutely love the pigmentation and creaminess of the shadows. Did I mention they're pretty?
biggrin.gif

For me it's economical to purchase it in a palette than individually.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For me it's economical to purchase it in a palette than individually.

And because it's pretty, @zadidoll, it's pretty
laughing.gif

Hmmmm, I have naked 2 and fair complexion and love it, should I get naked 3? Also I hate the brush it comes with, it doesnt go on well, and it's not very pigmented, so I use my finger and it goes on so much better, I know that's awful to do, is there a brush you recommend?

Quote: Originally Posted by twotonetiff /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmmm, I have naked 2 and fair complexion and love it, should I get naked 3? Also I hate the brush it comes with, it doesnt go on well, and it's not very pigmented, so I use my finger and it goes on so much better, I know that's awful to do, is there a brush you recommend?
I love the Real Techniques shader brush (and the 5-piece eye set) and the Sonia Kashuk shader brush for my Naked palettes.  The brushes included in the palette are great for concealer, but not for eyeshadow.

I am the wrong person to ask if you should get any sort of UD Naked palette; I will always answer with a resounding YES! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by twotonetiff /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love the Real Techniques shader brush (and the 5-piece eye set) and the Sonia Kashuk shader brush for my Naked palettes.  The brushes included in the palette are great for concealer, but not for eyeshadow.

I am the wrong person to ask if you should get any sort of UD Naked palette; I will always answer with a resounding YES! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Haha, I agree with @coffeecardigan! I'd say yes too! @twotonetiff does your fair complexion have pink undertones or yellow? The Naked 3 is beautiful on pink toned complexions! coffeecardigan also make an excellent brush choice, I love using the Real Techniques shader brush. I like using a mix of applying with the brush first, then if I want more pigmentation, I'll add more with my fingertips. I always finish it up with a setting spray that way the pigmentation lasts longer since I'm applying it a bit more thickly than usual with that method.

Hope this helps!

Wait.. Why isn't the brush good for eyeshadow?:icon_redf
For me, I find that it causes more fallout and that the shadow doesn't stick well to the brush. It's just... plastic-y imo. I sometimes use it to pat eyeshadow on, but I also think it's better to use a different brush. As far as the hype with UD palettes? I don't get it either. I LOVE my Naked3 but my Naked1 usually just sits there. The quality is decent for the price. The colours offer a lot of variation. If someone isn't interested in those kinds of looks then they should pass. Personally, I think there are better eyeshadows than UDs but it's worth it.

Back