Urban Decay Oz the Great & Powerful Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally agree. I know the colors aren't super 'poppy,' but I'm still kind of in to them. If nothing else, they're nice neutral colors and you can always fill the palette up with other colors. 
Since they're based on the witches makeup in the film itself, I can kind of see why they're not the usual fun colors from UD. I do agree that they could have added another palette based on another facet of the movie with more 'fun' colors, but I don't think that this is the worst. 
That's just my opinion, though. To each their own :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

These palettes make no sense to me. They really should have gone more fun and vivid with the colors. I know it's supposed to be geared to the Witch's makeup, but I'm not even seeing that in this collection, and wasn't she a bit green and sickly looking? Who want's to look like that? lol. Not one of their best ideas. But you can't win them all.

I've never had any products from UD, and I REALLY wish I'd bought the Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows a few years back, but I wasn't in the know until it was too late. Anyway, I am really excited about these palettes. I'll only be able to afford one, since they're $50 each, so I've decided to purchase Glinda when it comes out. I hope it lives up to all the hype I've heard about UD (mainly via the Naked Palettes).

I'm wondering if the palettes aren't more pop color filled because of the semi recently released vice palette which has a lot of pop colors. I purchased the Vice palette and I have to say I haven't used it all that much. The colors that are super bright and pigmented and some of them really have massive fallout which for me is a bummer as I have to apply foundation and all that before I do my eyes or I just feel confused.

Originally Posted by JamieRene /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've never had any products from UD, and I REALLY wish I'd bought the Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows a few years back, but I wasn't in the know until it was too late. Anyway, I am really excited about these palettes. I'll only be able to afford one, since they're $50 each, so I've decided to purchase Glinda when it comes out. I hope it lives up to all the hype I've heard about UD (mainly via the Naked Palettes).
Be careful!  I got into Urban Decay last year and I've been addicted ever since! :)  You may want to wait for Temptalia's reviews and swatches so you can see which palette would suit you best.  That's what I'm doing, anyway.  I keep going back and forth!

Personally, I'm loving that these come in the reusable palettes and that I can switch and swap other colors.  I've got too many palettes where I use only a few colors, so a customizable palette really appeals to me. 

At first Glinda didn't appeal to me, but the pictures Temptalia has up made me reconsider.  Will wait for swatches though.

These palettes are now available on the Urban Decay website. Just in time for payday tomorrow oh boy. I definitely have my eye on Glinda.

Just ordered both palettes on the website. I cannot wait to receive them. I missed out on Alice in Wonderland and was sooo disappointed.

Just ordered both palettes on the website. I cannot wait to receive them. I missed out on Alice in Wonderland and was sooo disappointed.
Swatches when you get them please! I have a couple of their pop out eye shadows with their original buildable palette so i'll probably be switching things around when I get them.. How exciting :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i hope that you will LOVE 'em

Absolutely I will swatch them all and post pics so everyone who is interested can see. I hope that UD comes out with a great spring/summer collection. Fingers crossed

Has Sephora confirmed they are going to sell them?  I would prefer to purchase through them but I want Theodora so bad I might have to purchase it nowwwww.

Originally Posted by ultajunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm wondering if the palettes aren't more pop color filled because of the semi recently released vice palette which has a lot of pop colors. I purchased the Vice palette and I have to say I haven't used it all that much. The colors that are super bright and pigmented and some of them really have massive fallout which for me is a bummer as I have to apply foundation and all that before I do my eyes or I just feel confused.
I was wondering the same thing. I was all set to buy the Vice palette and I had only seen it online and in a catalogue. When I got to Sephora and seen it in person I changed my mind. I KNEW it was gonna have major fallout.

Has Sephora confirmed they are going to sell them?  I would prefer to purchase through them but I want Theodora so bad I might have to purchase it nowwwww.
My Sephora had them out last week! Not sure if they were supposed to or not though haha. I read somewhere that they are releasing them in Ulta and Sephora on the 25th. I'm holding out til then because I have a gift card to Ulta and a Friends and Family coupon that starts on the 27th.

My Sephora had them out last week! Not sure if they were supposed to or not though haha. I read somewhere that they are releasing them in Ulta and Sephora on the 25th. I'm holding out til then because I have a gift card to Ulta and a Friends and Family coupon that starts on the 27th.
Beware the FF coupon as usually UD products are excluded. It makes,me so sad. I don't buy a lot of drugstore makeup from Ulta and all the stuff I do buy is always excluded from those coupons.

What?!? It doesn't say that prestige cosmetics are excluded like it usually does so I thought for sure I could use it! I am going there tonight so I will be sure to ask. If not then that sucks!

Sephora will be selling them but idk when.. Im waiting too but oh goodness.. I might just tell my bf to get them on Urban Decay's website xD

I didn't even know abt this, but now I think I'm going to have to get it. The Theodora palette is beautiful.

Back