Urban Decay Oz the Great & Powerful Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How are you reading my mind?!  I was just talking to my husband about the Ikea Alex!  Makeup Soul Sisters, that's it. ;-)  I think I will pass on Theodora, as I have so many browns and greens already! 

By the way, Sephora will sell these on the January 27th!  (Got the info from their Facebook page.)
Thanks for the info.  Can't wait to pick one up (and earn some points).

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since I made VIB, I have those free shipping and 10% off coupons. I'll place an order for Glinda and get it on the great promos they have! Maybe cash in my 275 points for another reward, if there's anything that strikes my fancy lol.

After looking at swatches again(!) and seeing the colors applied, I'm back on board! Thank goodness it's about time to do my taxes..I know where I'll be spending a chunk of my money lol.
I have those coupons, too!  And yes, thanks for reminding me about tax refunds.... you enabler! ;-)  Which palette do you like best?

I have those coupons, too!  And yes, thanks for reminding me about tax refunds.... you enabler! ;-)  Which palette do you like best?
Glinda! While I like the other one, I think I have enough similar colors and I was thinking of other UD palettes I want to jump on that might be better suited for me lol. Yes, tax time is almost here and I'm setting aside some "me money." After all, I worked all year for that rebate!

How are you reading my mind?!  I was just talking to my husband about the Ikea Alex!  Makeup Soul Sisters, that's it. ;-)  I think I will pass on Theodora, as I have so many browns and greens already! 

By the way, Sephora will sell these on the January 27th!  (Got the info from their Facebook page.)
heeeeeyy ;D haha hopefully you get it! it looks really good and sturdy to store a loooot of makeup! i think that I'm only getting it for the lip pencil.. but also because it's limited edition :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> YAY! thank you so much.. i'm excited hehe

Temptalia already has swatches of these up. For me, this is yet another Urban Decay product that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. They really need to start doing something different - and better - instead of churning out the same old crap. There is nothing special or sophisticated about their products. These palettes are a tacky bloody snore......

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

heeeeeyy ;D haha hopefully you get it! it looks really good and sturdy to store a loooot of makeup! i think that I'm only getting it for the lip pencil.. but also because it's limited edition :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> YAY! thank you so much.. i'm excited hehe
I've tried to find the Alex on Craigslist, but to no avail.  Oh well!  Darin and I love Ikea-- it's so fun to dream about 'real' organization!  

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Glinda! While I like the other one, I think I have enough similar colors and I was thinking of other UD palettes I want to jump on that might be better suited for me lol.

Yes, tax time is almost here and I'm setting aside some "me money." After all, I worked all year for that rebate!
I prefer the Glinda, too.  I've been really into light/airy/pastels lately.  I can't wait to pair these shadows with colors from the Maybelline Vivid lipstick line!  A fun contrast.

Originally Posted by ultajunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am purchasing an Alex this weekend! I cannot wait to get organized in one area
If you can, post pictures! I'd love to see how you organize it. 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ultajunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Will do! I have wanted one for over a year
smile.gif
I've wanted it for a while now, too.  Part of me hates to jump on the bandwagon, but it seems to work for so many people!  (I was the five-year-old who boycotted Barbies because they were "too common.")

I've wanted it for a while now, too.  Part of me hates to jump on the bandwagon, but it seems to work for so many people!  (I was the five-year-old who boycotted Barbies because they were "too common.")
I'm just tired of getting plastic 3 drawer organizers from Target. I have 2 in the bathroom I use as a makeup room. They take up a lot of space and leave little room for collection expansion. This way I should have room to expand and it will look nicer. I wish they made it in black as I'd prefer that color. Ah well...

I've tried to find the Alex on Craigslist, but to no avail.  Oh well!  Darin and I love Ikea-- it's so fun to dream about 'real' organization!  
My bf tried craigslist for me too! Haha no bandwagon at all.. Whatever works then it shall be it! My friend Lexy (missglammygirl) has her alex drawer up in the organization thread :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it will definitely store all of my urban decay palettes all in one ;D oooh yes more palettes haha (like these 2)

I like the Glinda palette, but $49 seems kind of expensive, especially for something that looks so small.  I've never tried or purchased any of Urban Decay's make up (yet), mainly because of the price.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like the Glinda palette, but $49 seems kind of expensive, especially for something that looks so small.  I've never tried or purchased any of Urban Decay's make up (yet), mainly because of the price.
I totally understand!  I am relatively new to the brand, and before I tried it I thought there was no way it was worth the money!  Obviously I changed my tune. 
rolleyes.gif
  You may want to try the Deluxe or Sustainable palette, as they are on sale for under $20 on Ulta's website!

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My bf tried craigslist for me too! Haha no bandwagon at all.. Whatever works then it shall be it! My friend Lexy (missglammygirl) has her alex drawer up in the organization thread
smile.gif
it will definitely store all of my urban decay palettes all in one ;D oooh yes more palettes haha (like these 2)
I checked her out, thanks!  It's always interesting and highly helpful to see how others organize.  

I checked her out, thanks!  It's always interesting and highly helpful to see how others organize.  
definitely! tell me if you do get it though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i'll message you when I get mine updated ;D

I totally understand!  I am relatively new to the brand, and before I tried it I thought there was no way it was worth the money!  Obviously I changed my tune. 
rolleyes.gif
  You may want to try the Deluxe or Sustainable palette, as they are on sale for under $20 on Ulta's website!
Oooh!  $20 is way more reasonable!  Thank you!  

I wish I never saw this thread. Of course I broke down, and had to purchase this yesterday. Ugh, as if I need anymore makeup. I'm a huge fan of oz- I loved reading the books when I was a kid. I also love ud eye shadow, so I had no choice but to buy this. I did get Theodora, and I cannot wait to get my hands on it! Of course I had to buy some primer potion as well, to bring my order to over $50 so I could get free shipping. Tax was over $5.

Back