Urban Decay Oz the Great & Powerful Palette

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Hellocat4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish I never saw this thread. Of course I broke down, and had to purchase this yesterday. Ugh, as if I need anymore makeup. I'm a huge fan of oz- I loved reading the books when I was a kid. I also love ud eye shadow, so I had no choice but to buy this. I did get Theodora, and I cannot wait to get my hands on it!
I feel your pain!  I do NOT need this, but Glinda is so gosh darn pretty.  I have been wanting a customizable UD palette for a while, too. I hope you love it-- come back and tell us how you and Theodora got along! 

Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I feel your pain!  I do NOT need this, but Glinda is so gosh darn pretty.  I have been wanting a customizable UD palette for a while, too. I hope you love it-- come back and tell us how you and Theodora got along! 
the customizable UD palettes are fun but it could get pricey.. =) 

Original Value: $108 (w/out shipping and tax) What I Paid: $75.18!!!!! (w/ shipping and tax so I saved $32.82)   I got the original BYOP w/
  • Walk of Shame
  • Last Call
  • Woodstock
  • Stray Dog
  • Mildew
  • Haight

Originally Posted by viccckyhoang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

the customizable UD palettes are fun but it could get pricey.. =) 

Original Value: $108 (w/out shipping and tax) What I Paid: $75.18!!!!! (w/ shipping and tax so I saved $32.82)   I got the original BYOP w/
  • Walk of Shame
  • Last Call
  • Woodstock
  • Stray Dog
  • Mildew
  • Haight
How'd you do that?  Color me impressed!

Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How'd you do that?  Color me impressed!
code + ebates at beauty.com =] they didn't have a variety of selection at that time but I still love all of the shades ;D

So I had talked myself out of getting these but my Sephora had one of each on display and Glinda is gorgeous. I thought I would get Theodora but upon seeing them in person I definitely prefer Glinda.

We feel like we’ve been keeping the biggest secret in the entire universe. And, we don’t have to be quiet anymore! Which witch are YOU? Introducing, the Glinda and Theodora Palettes from Urban Decay inspired by Disney’s Oz The Great and Powerful!! The first time we partnered with Disney, the Alice in Wonderland Palettes sold out within days and some people didn’t even use them so as to preserve their precious packaging. So THIS TIME, we thought it would be genius to feature them inside a Build Your Own Palette! That way, you can keep reusing the package forever by adding and removing whatever shades you want!! Each palette features 8 exclusive eyeshadows, a “get the look†card featuring a look from her character, a travel-size 24/7 Eye Pencil and a full-size Super Saturated Lip Color. A screaming deal for just $49 (a SSLC is $19 at retail, so you’re getting all those shadows for just $30!), get them while you can before they’re sold out! Available now on urbandecay.com  in stores 2/1.

​
Official images from Urban Decay.​
 ​
 ​

Originally Posted by hindsighting /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I had talked myself out of getting these but my Sephora had one of each on display and Glinda is gorgeous. I thought I would get Theodora but upon seeing them in person I definitely prefer Glinda.
Me too!  Such perfect colors for spring!

After seeing them swatched I want BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!! a moment of silence please for my bank account....

Hmmm they seem pretty but I think $49 is too much =( The Naked palettes seems like way better deals for $50. But I guess the lip liner makes it more expensive? idk lol xD

I kinda want both, but mostly because I want individual colors from each. I want Toranda and the greens, but the browns in Theodora don't really do anything for me. I'm trying to justify purchasing Glinda, but most of the colors I don't think I will use. If I stop by Ulta and they have one, then maybe I'll pick it up since I have $14 in rewards points or whatever. I would have ordered it right away from UD, but I don't want to buy anything else to get the free shipping, and $5 off doesn't cover shipping... so they lost that sale. But eh, I wanted them right away, but now I'm kinda getting away from it. I would rather just find dupes of the actual colors I want.

I've accepted my fate: I collect most of UD's palette's - unless they are all dups (e.g. the new Fun/Fem/Dangerous palettes).  And I love my stash! I have so many singles + palettes between the different sales...it's both awesome and embarrassing: Naked, Naked 2, BOS IV, 15th Anniversary, Vice, Smoked, Vegan, Fun I, Preen, Feminine I, Rollergirl, and the old Midnight Cowboy palette.  (But, most of the palettes I bought on sale!)

I'm going to get both.  Ho hum. I like them both and the lip pencil seals the deal since I have all the colors thanks to UD's Black Friday promo.  

That said, I'm waiting until they show up at Sephora.  I'll make two online orders and add one of those Sephora Twist-tie wannabes to make it over $50 - then I can get 6 samples + whatever promo and 100pt perks that catch my fancy.  And I'll be about 1/3rd of the way towards VIB for 2014!  (Okay, maybe slightly more than 1/3rd since I ordered bath lovelies for my b-day that is coming up.)

The only thing I'm wondering is...should I wait and see them in person at Sephorsa because sometimes my local Sephora has good 100pt perks!  (Case in point: I got the NARS lip pencil before it came out in the IT Kits and multiple Benefit minis from them!)  And I'll be near there on my birthday...

-L

I am going to Sephora tomorrow to see if they have them in store!  Plus the sales people are super nice at the one I go to and if I ask about it, they will check in the back and most times let you buy it if it is there (excluding if the manufactuer has restrictions about it)!  Fingers crossed!

Originally Posted by lovepink /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am going to Sephora tomorrow to see if they have them in store!  Plus the sales people are super nice at the one I go to and if I ask about it, they will check in the back and most times let you buy it if it is there (excluding if the manufactuer has restrictions about it)!  Fingers crossed!
I went to a few stores today. They had them in, but they were not allowed to take it out from the back at all. They said that they received a strict notice with the shipment stating that they are not allowed to sell any until January 30th in store, until they put up the display.

They said that the release was so big for the Alice in Wonderland was so big that they sold out from selling it from stock in the back that when the display was put up, there were no more palettes left (which I totally remember).

Normally, my local Sephora stores are fine with selling items before the display is put out & once they have it in, but they said if they did for this, the store would be in trouble?

Aww that's sad, but understandable!  Thank you for sharing.  I will make a note to go stalk my Sephora on 1/30/13.  I may feel a cough coming on that would prevent me from getting to work before the mall opens...

Originally Posted by xlisaa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went to a few stores today. They had them in, but they were not allowed to take it out from the back at all. They said that they received a strict notice with the shipment stating that they are not allowed to sell any until January 30th in store, until they put up the display.

They said that the release was so big for the Alice in Wonderland was so big that they sold out from selling it from stock in the back that when the display was put up, there were no more palettes left (which I totally remember).

Normally, my local Sephora stores are fine with selling items before the display is put out & once they have it in, but they said if they did for this, the store would be in trouble?

I wan't them both!!! I want to order them online but I don't want to have to add anything to get free shipping :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> dangittt. I wonder if my JcPenny's Sephora is going to have them....but they never sent in my points from my last purchase... >:l

I went to Ulta last week looking to buy the Vice Palette and I heard they stopped carrying it...I was devastated! lol I had been given the Naked Palettes from my hubby for Christmas and was now looking for a bright, zany, color-popping palette. I was told by an lady from Ulta that the Oz palettes were coming out soon, and if I was interested in bright colors like the Vice, that these would be perfect for me....I was so excited, but now that I've seen them, I'm thinking...um....bright and vibrant as the Vice? I really don't think so. :-/

Don't get me wrong, they're pretty, but I agree with beautymadn3ss, they're just soft, pastely and boring-ish. Since I have Naked 1 and 2, I can't justify buying these. Phooey lol

I want them to bring back Vice! <3 or bright out some brighter Oz colors! I thought for sure Oz would have some crazy colors in it.

You can buy the vice palette on sephora.com 

I was at Ulta today and asked about the Oz palettes and they have them but cannot begin selling them until 1/30.  I am hoping Sephora.com will have them tomorrow and I will probably order them through there plus the sale UD eyeliners and then the Josie Maran 500 point gift!

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I went to Ulta last week looking to buy the Vice Palette and I heard they stopped carrying it...I was devastated! lol I had been given the Naked Palettes from my hubby for Christmas and was now looking for a bright, zany, color-popping palette. I was told by an lady from Ulta that the Oz palettes were coming out soon, and if I was interested in bright colors like the Vice, that these would be perfect for me....I was so excited, but now that I've seen them, I'm thinking...um....bright and vibrant as the Vice? I really don't think so. :-/

Don't get me wrong, they're pretty, but I agree with beautymadn3ss, they're just soft, pastely and boring-ish. Since I have Naked 1 and 2, I can't justify buying these. Phooey lol

I want them to bring back Vice! <3 or bright out some brighter Oz colors! I thought for sure Oz would have some crazy colors in it.

You can buy the vice palette on sephora.com or urbandecay.com

I was at Ulta today and asked about the Oz palettes and they have them but cannot begin selling them until 1/30.  I am hoping Sephora.com will have them tomorrow and I will probably order them through there plus the sale UD eyeliners and then the Josie Maran 500 point gift!
Hrm...I looked on Urban Decay earlier and typed in Vice and it didn't come up....I may be nuts and totally not seeing it lol

Thank yoooou though, if they do in fact have it, I'm so totally buying it, no question about it. <3

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wan't them both!!! I want to order them online but I don't want to have to add anything to get free shipping :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> dangittt. I wonder if my JcPenny's Sephora is going to have them....but they never sent in my points from my last purchase... >:l
I think JCPenney Sephora locations might have it since some of them are having an event where you get a makeover with the purchase of the palettes next month.

You can buy the vice palette on sephora.com 

So I guess both Sephora and Ulta has a restriction from UD to not sell it until they all have displays out. The Josie Maran 500 pt perk is tempting!

Back