Vaseline for the face?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have purchased multiple skin care products and everytime I use them i breakout. My skin is very oily and it always breaksout. I recently started using a product for my pimples but my skin dried up even moisturizer wouldn't break in. I started using vaseline. I put it as a mask and I just leave it on. One night, after 30 mins that I had placed the vaseline in my face, my nose itch and I scratched my nose and it felt as if I had sand in my face. I started rubbing my cheeks and it felt as if I was exfoliating! From that day on I have been using it as an exfoliator then I clean it with a wet towel and then I put my breakout medication. I had never had such a beautiful, smooth, clean breakout free skin! I feel wonderful because my skin looks fantastic! I should had done this years ago.

I sometimes use it when I go running outside. When it's windy and cold, i try to protect my skin around my eyes/mouth.

Vaseline is great for all weather and skin types and also helps with removing makeup. I use it for my hands and lip conditioner

I'm on night 5 of sleeping with a full Vaseline mask and already my skin feels great. I usually have super dark circles around my eyes, but i looked in the mirror, and they appeared to be lighter. And my skin now feels supple. I didn't even now that my skin wasn't supple until i started using Vaseline and my skin suppled-up! My skin is oily, but around my mouth the skin is dry and tends to have excema like dry patches. This treatment keeps my skin moisturized with only a little moisturizer used during the day time. I have acne and it doesn't irritate my skin. A definite must try.

You couldn't pay me to get that stuff anywhere near my face. Not in a a million years.

I have a small jar of vaseline that I bought. I use it for my lips only since I get really chapped lips.

I put on a thick layer in the night. I have been tempted many times to put some on my face but I'm afraid of getting breakouts.

Vaseline is very heavy and smells like gasoline. And it doesn't have any anti aging property so no I would not put it in my face.

made from the same ingredient :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by glossygloss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Vaseline is very heavy and smells like gasoline. And it doesn't have any anti aging property so no I would not put it in my face.

O..M..G!! Does anybody know about this!!! I can't imagine why would they put gasoline in skin product! With rising price of gasoline and all...

Well it's so thick it can smooth your flaws on the surface, i suppose, thus making it look more youthful and moisturized. Mine chokes.

Vaseline is supposed to help prevent cuts. It probably does that, but I think it should not be allowed, because one guy elbows another guy in the face, and the vaseline gets on his arm, and then it's harder to hold that arm. It's the same as greasing.

Well My mother swears by Vaseline...she wears it underneath her makeup most days, and every night before bed she puts it on her face...she just turned 60 a few months ago and her skin is nearly perfect...she barely has any wrinkles and I've never witnessed her ever having a breakout...shes used it for most of her life...and it seems to work...she also bathes in baby oil...she doesn't use soap, and again, her skin is nearly flawless for her age...and i'm not just biased because she's my mother, noone believes shes 60. I'll post some pics to prove it....

I think applying Vaseline depends on the skins sensitivity. Some of skins are allergic some are not. I find this thread very helpful, Thank you very much.

Which is why I wouldn't put it on my face if somebody paid me. The stuff is disgusting. Likewise mineral oil/baby oil. Wouldn't even use any of those things on my kids when they were small. Not even once.

yes of course, Vaseline is petroleum jelly.

Mineral oil is also a gasoline product I believe.

Ah yes! yes it is "mineral oil is a liquid by-product of the distillation of petroleum to produce gasoline and other petroleum-based products from crude oil."

I usually avoid vaseline, mineral oil, petrolatum - in cosmetics and skincare because these things clog your pores/cause acne. Only when i'm outdoors ands it's super windy i rub shea butter with mineral oil under my eyes (where there is barely any pores) to avoid the wind damage.

Originally Posted by glossygloss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

O..M..G!! Does anybody know about this!!! I can't imagine why would they put gasoline in skin product! With rising price of gasoline and all...

Vaseline is supposed to help prevent cuts. It probably does that, but I think it should not be allowed, because one guy elbows another guy in the face, and the Vaseline gets on his arm, and then it's harder to hold that arm. It's the same as greasing. ell it's so thick it can smooth your flaws on the surface, i suppose, thus making it look more youthful and moisturized.

I use Vaseline for my chapped lips, and it works great.  It's a fantastic way to moisturize.  I also use it for my nose when I have a cold and it's rubbed raw.  I've never had any negative reactions to it.  Hope this helps!

Back