Vaseline for the face?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by FooFooShnickens /img/forum/go_quote.gif

aside from her old-lady hairdo, you'd never be able to guess her age.
lol--Gotta love 'em rocking that Myrna Loy 'do for 75 years. 

TCM recently showed a Tarzan movie marathon, and all I could think was what awful hair Maureen O'Sullivan

had. Her hair looked 95 years old. Back then they wanted it all bunchybunchybunchy. 
wassatt.gif

Vaseline is very effective for dry skin... and also good for oily / combination skin but only in winters. I used vaseline on my face, lips and eyelashes every night.... its a very cheap and wonderful product for complete body ......

The Natural Beauty Store website has an all-natural Vaseline alternative called Beeseline, made from coconut oil, wildflower honey, and beeswax.  Not as cheap as good ol' petroleum jelly, but I have rosacea, and I know coconut oil is wonderful for that.  (Tried it once, but didn't use it long enough to see if it worked.)  There's a strawberry variety, a vegan variety, and it looks like they'll be coming out with vanilla and mint.  It's a Canadian site and shipping is usually expensive, but right now they have free shipping on orders of $25 and over - full-sized items only - through the 21st.  I've ordered a few of the large original on the sale, because I really want to use it for my face through the winter.  And hubby's a guitar player and his fingers split in the cold, so I figured one jar for upstairs for my face and one downstairs for hands or feet or stuff.

They have a new beauty box you can buy once a month for $20 that has a bunch of all-natural deluxe samples and small full-sized products.  They said in a video today they'll have a small Beeseline in the October box, which is up for orders now, but did not say what scent.  I know they've already done the regular and strawberry in previous boxes, so one of the others I guess!  (If anyone's interested, there's a thread on the sample box on the boards here.  The company posted an unboxing video of its September sample box this morning, and I linked to it in that thread.)

I lied!  Checked the video again.  They didn't say there will be one in the October Natural Beauty Box - the Beeseline will be in October's Green Grab Bag.  (Which doesn't mean there won't be one in October's NBB, just that they didn't say anything about it one way or another.  I don't know if they'd consider a different variety a repeat item or not.)

Vaseline was the only thing that kept diaper rashes away when my son was a baby. Now my baby is 18! I don't think I could use it on my face though, but I do use Argan oil in my eye area and around my lips and olive oil on my hands. Sometimes, well usually, natural and simple works best.

I use vaseline every night for my lips. When I feel like my feet is super dry in the winter, I also put on a thin layer and pull socks over it and go to sleep. The next morning I wake up with soft feet!

I wouldn't use it for my face... I would use it for my lips...as a gloss. I saw an episode of Tyra Banks talk show. On the show they applied vaseline to the lips and then scrubbed the lips with a tooth brush. It helps to moisturize the lips. 

I use vaseline every night and it's great for my skin when it's cold outside.

I use vaseline every night under and around my eyes and on my eyelashes and it keeps me from getting any fine lines.

I use it on my feet and the vaseline really soften them up :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but I'm too afraid to use it on the face, it might make me breakout.

I think Vaseline is one of the best things ever invented.  I use it every single night under my eyes, on my eyelids and on my eyelashes and I do not have one eye wrinkle because of it.

i used it for face only in winters night and for regular i use it as a lip balm...and i don't think so it has any side effects.

Vaseline is made from petroleum. It is toxic, and your body absorbs it, causing health problems. I would never touch the stuff! You wouldn't rub motor oil on your body, would you? :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Vaseline is made from petroleum. It is toxic, and your body absorbs it, causing health problems. I would never touch the stuff! You wouldn't rub motor oil on your body, would you? :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

I have an older later I take care of 90 yrs old. I rub Vaseline on her face daily she barely looks70.

I am using it as lip balm and sometimes use it in my body. But I have never tried it in my face skin, because it is little heavy and oily, So I don't prefer use it on my face.

Back