Vaseline for the face?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lorega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
signature.jpg

I use vaseline every night and it's great for my skin when it's cold outside.
I agree with you.

my 6month old had horrible excima since birth scrathing his face till it would bleed, up every night scratching colic, it was horrible now using vaseline all over his face twice A DAY WITH STEROID CREAM AMAZING ALMOST ALL GONE used steroids and tried every moisturizer under sun nothing else worked like VASELINE AMAZING THANKYOU GOD AMEN TO VASELINE!

Its great for removing eye makeup and longwear lipstick. Actually better than somebrands off makeup remover, but I don,t like the greasy feeling on my face lol

I am 66 years old and just started using vaseline on my face and eyelashes.  I use it as a night cream and a moisturizer under makeup.  I have spent a lot of money on expensive creams and nothing compares to an inexpensive jar of vaseline.  I can  tell you through experience that all the money I have spent for the other products was a total waste of money and I have never gotten as many compliments as I have lately on my skin. Vaseline is a wonder product and I wish I had found out about it years ago,  Oh, my eyelashes are getting longer and thicker too!!
icon_razz.gif

My skin is acne prone and moody. I'm really cautious to try products, my skin seems to get angry with me and flare up if I use something new or if I leave something out of my usual routine. Vaseline clogs my pores, especially on/around my nose, but works wonders on my lips. I use Alba Botanica Un-Petroleum Jelly on my face and eyes at night after moisturizing and haven't had a problem with it at all. It is very similar to vaseline minus the petroleum.

Originally Posted by Ken Doll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm on night 5 of sleeping with a full Vaseline mask and already my skin feels great. I usually have super dark circles around my eyes, but i looked in the mirror, and they appeared to be lighter. And my skin now feels supple. I didn't even now that my skin wasn't supple until i started using Vaseline and my skin suppled-up! My skin is oily, but around my mouth the skin is dry and tends to have excema like dry patches. This treatment keeps my skin moisturized with only a little moisturizer used during the day time. I have acne and it doesn't irritate my skin. A definite must try.
OOh i should try this out ..... see if it works for me

Wow so surprised to hear this. I may be the only one but I've never felt that Vaseline actually moisturises, it just sort of glosses my lips or skin for 30mins or so and then disappears without any moisture benefit.  But that might be a good thing when it comes to this mask, minimising the risk of breakouts whilst increasing suppleness

I used a rose lip balm on my face, and I'm serious:
wink.gif
The results were fabulous!!! My skin looked so much clearer, radiant, and smooth! But vaseline works too

Quote:Originally Posted by EyeCandyDiva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually use it all the time and I've never had any problems, I do it before bed and I also use it to take off my makeup when I use dark colors.

There is a trick to using vaseline on the face. Vaseline seals in moisture and for oily skin this is perfect since the reason for the over production of oil is 9 times out of 10 - dry skin! Take a small TINY amount of vaseline and put it on the palm of your hand. Rub it into your hands and just keep rubbing until its nice and warm. Sometimes I feel that my hands are just about to ignite! In the end its no longer a jelly and more like an oil. Then smooth the vaseline over your face and also, guess what? Perfect opportunity to give your face a massage, increase the blood flow to the skin. When using vaseline - just be sure you are sealing something in - so do the facial routine beforehand. Also, this is a bedtime routine for SURE! Daytime skin does not go down well with that level of shine to start the day :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

my skin is once become very dry and my doctor said to apply it there. i have no problems and morning i used to love it...

It works as a moisturizer and applied it on my face at night time hardly once or twice nothing more than that.

Originally Posted by glossygloss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Vaseline is very heavy and smells like gasoline. And it doesn't have any anti aging property so no I would not put it in my face.
Vaseline itself has no moisturizing ar anti-aging properties at all. Applied properly (and after a proper beauty regime) it seals the moisture in and makes the products applied beneath it more effective. especially at night.

My skin is really dry and I tried the vaseline because of this video: 

My skin felt great, but I decided to do my research and make something lighter. What I came up with was a few pumps of aloe, to a tablespoon of crisco, some lavender oil , argan oil, and some moisturizer I love but wasn't moisturizing enough. I made my own night cream and it is working wonderfully for me. I always spray my face before I put the DIY cream on my face. Crisco is recommended by many dermatologists and plastic surgeons.( They even talked about it on the doctors.) So I only started with a little and added my other ingredients mixed well  and my face loves it. Some people just use Crisco and nothing else, but that was too heavy for me.

(PS. I am using organic shortening like Crisco.)

Vaseline is a nice product to take care our skin in all weather seasons.Mostly it is used for dry skin persons.Vaseline all ingredients take care of our skin and skin patients normally used a vaseline as a medicine.If you have any skin related problems doctor also suggest you a vaseline cream.

I have tried that before but have found a great relatively cheap solution. As you might know Salma Hayek has a brand if skinner called nuance, great quality with medium range price depending on the item. Every night before I go to bed I put some of her anti acne moisterizer on. It has a strange smell but I promise you it works, if I ever skip a night I wake up with a breakout two days later. While Vaseline is good for feet, go gentler on your face 🎈

Ok I'm only on page 10 of the sticky vaseline 
Vaseline for face... It is not good...

I am sure you can not go outside too if you have Vaseline layer on your skin..

It is good for lips and hands only... sorry....

Stop using it and start using creams...

Back