What are your thoughts on fake nails?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my bf's mom does nails and i get them for free whenever i want :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i hate getting acrylics though, because afterwards my nails get really weak! =/ and it's not worth it as i have naturally long and strong nails.

as long as you can take care of it, i mean maintain it, there's nothing wrong with fake nails.... :flowers:

I think as long as they're not too long they're okay.

Sometimes people have reallyyyyy long false nails and they just remind me of witches talons.

I wouldn't get false nails now though because from past experience my real nails have always ended up looking awful.

I used to bite my nails and now they break so easily! When I want pretty nails I buy some cheap ones, then cut them, use a naill buffer and make them an appropriate size and shape, after which I do a coat of nail polish. They look great, the perfect manicure :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But I don't abuse them since I use SuperGlue to glue them on and that affects my natural nails even more :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm anti-fake nails. I used to get them done allllll the time and when I finally removed it, I found out I had a fungus on one of my nails!  Now it's ugly with a black line down the middle and porous dents throughout my nail. YUCK. The lady who was doing my nails got that little drill thing to file it down and filed it to the point where the side of my nail started bleeding. I wanted to punch her, but instead I stupidly allowed her to continue working on my nails! I know, MY FAULT. Seriously tho, she could of stopped. SMH...

Personally I don't have a problem when other people wear them but on me, they are hell on my nails.  And a breeding ground for bacteria.

I'm not a nail polish person whatsoever, so I love my sculpted nails. I don't have the time to keep up with chips in polish, dry time, etc. I love the convenience of having well-groomed nails and toes 24/7 with 2 visits to the salon a month. I'm also lucky because cost isn't a factor in my situation. I traded the salon owner a nicely designed website for free nails for life lol.

Fake nails are cute i think. Though I hardly ever get my nails done because every time....in the end the results are never good. Thin, cracked nails are not my get up. the good thing about fake nails is that there are so many cute styles to choose from with out the long effort of decorating. Looks good but terrible on your real nails~

I can't stand fake nails. I just don't like how they look. I also don't like that they can destroy your real nails. Even if my workplace allowed fake nails I still would not get them.I just take care of my nails and if I have a few days off work I paint them. They just look better to me that way.

I'm not a big fan of fake nails... They're kind of gaudy, unless they're an actual nail-length, which I'm not sure even exists.  I've never had them, but I would imagine it's silly to pay to keep filling them in however many weeks.  This is coming from a girl who has never colored her hair for the same reason:  don't want to to deal with the upkeep.   Hope this helps!

I dont mind something that looks natural. like this:

But anything longer than the natural length above looks very grotesque and unattractive. Also, not sanitary. All that dirt under your nails! Yuck!

And I can't tolerate long toe nails!
sick.gif
SO GROSS!!!

Re: Fake nails - if done right fake nails can look natural. I can't stand the ones that look thick and fake. BAD nail job IMO.

Re: Long toe nails - GROSS! I too think it's nasty.

I'd hate to sit across from her at a restaurant table. She must sleep alone because she'd claw someone in her sleep.

Originally Posted by musingmuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

lol. this thing scares me:

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! Her pinky nail must always break off! There's only four long nails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA
rofl2.gif

Back