What do you use and why- girls only

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use both. I get really short but heavy periods so ill wear a tampon and pad and then lighter days i just wear a pad. Idk my periods keep getting shorter like 3-4 days!

I have never heard of a menstrual cup and i looked it up. I will not be using those. lol

I use tampons becuz I have to always adjust the pad when it likes to slide around and it makes me feel like I have to keep my legs open for comfort

tampons for me

Maybe I should try the menstrual cup, just so I can say I have tried it, because you you know what they say... "Don't Knock It Till You've Tried It!" :laughing:

tampons hands down (haha). no seriously its better, more hygenic way less messy more convient to carry.u shold probably use mini pads too until u know what absorbency works.

tampons definately. i actually like the O.B. ones. they are so tiny, you could fit 20 in your purse or hide them in your pocket. pads are better at night especially on your lighter days. tampons have to be inserted correctely, or it can be really uncomfortable. if it's in right, you shouldn't feel a thing.

Yup, I use the OB ones without the applicator. Just the regular absorbency. My flow is relatively light, so at night I don't even use anything. I just make sure I get to the bathroom prompty after I stand up. LOL. I love how they are so small, easy to grab & slip into the pocket if I'm in a group of people and want to be inconspicuous. I don't like applicators anyway.. cardboard or plastic. I dunno, it just annoys me for some reason. And I like that no applicator = less waste.

I've actually been thinking about getting one of those cups. Just because you can leave it in for hours upon hours and not worry about leaks or uncomfortable drying of your insides. And there's no wasteage of used tampons, applicators or pads.

I absolutely detest pads, I cannot stand wearing them. Ugh. It just feels like a diaper, it's itchy, it's sweaty, it doesn't smell so great [yeah, probably TMI.. oh well! I hate them] LOL.

well I got lucky I'm very light and mine doesnt last but 3 days so I wear tamps during the day and at night..just a liner suits just fine but honestly tamps are the way to go hun..in my opinion, just make sure not to leave it in too long or forget..I've had a friend that got TSS and it's a pain!

As soon as I could start using a tampon, I did! I did procrastinate some on using it, but now I can't live without them! The first 6-8 weeks after having a child is torture when you can't use a tampon either! Sometimes on a very heavy flow, I do use an ultra thin pad or a liner too though.

They sound like the way to go! Im gonna give em a try, not sure which to go for! but hey i'll go look, Im using pads at the mo and they are annoying! I cant stand normal pads they drive me mad, I always wear a thong or french knickers really so I go with the pads that are string, for thongs. But I find they move around and I sometimes still leak.

I don´t have a heavy flow ever so tampons are enough for me. I used to not be able to figure out how to get them in when I was a virgin (I guess I was all tense and I kept pushing but it hurt) so I wore pads and HATED it, especially at night. I don´t know how you girls who wear pads at night do it. I can´t even stand to wear underwear when I sleep! lol

Plus, I swear when a girl is sitting next to me in class or something and she has her period and wears a pad I can smell it! I think I used to have that problem too when I still wore pads and I was always worried people would notice something. But with tampons, everything is clean and convenient.

And here in Austria we don´t even have any tampons that come with applicators! I always wondered why the exist anyway..so people don´t get their hands "dirty" I guess :laughing:

what are the names of them and where do you get them..thanks i want to check it out

My periods are so ridiculously light, I just stick to pads, I could probably even wear pantiliners most days... I'll wear tampons if I have to, like if I want to go swimming or something.

The most popular is probably the Diva Cup. Some other popular ones are Mooncup UK and Mooncup (they are different brands completely, just similar names). I've heard of some people finding the Diva in stores before but I never have. You can buy them online.

Pads, I like never use tampons anymore, I dunno, I have the Toxic Shock Syndrome fears I guess!

tampons :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> way more comfortable, i hate "diper" feeling that pads gives me. another reason is kind of strange... I just think tampons are better (or less bad) for the environment, since using them produces less waste :yahootongue:

yep me too, but since i've had my iud in i only have to use a pantyliner instead of a pad. just make sure if you use a tampon to change it when needed. for safety reasons and chance or leakage.

Back