What do you use and why- girls only

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have The Keeper and can't say enough good things about it. I think I paid $35 for it about 10 years ago. Haven't bought a tampon or pad since. Although, I did get a Mirena IUD in August of 2002 and haven't had a period since, which I love even more than the Keeper. It's a known (positive) side effect.

Wow, I didnt know what a mooncup was so I did some research online.... it seems really cool, but, Broken, how is it really for cleaning between uses?? Especially in public? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> thanks

I have such a heavy flow that I need to use tampons. A pad just doesn't work for me and I can't stand the feeling!

i started my period at 10 im 19 now, i used pads for about two weeks and after that it was tampons all the way...

pads are just wayyyy to messy

i know what you mean, its the worst! :laughing:

Both at the same time. I like the extra protection since my flow is very heavy. & I've had several embaressing leakage during highschool... wish I worn tampoons back then. It's less messy, more comfortable - even tho I gotta wear a thin pad underneath.

& at night it's pads for me. I trip if tampoons been in me for more than 5 hours. Toxic syndrome and all.... even tho pads do nothing for me at night. Grr.

I use pads.

For some reason tampons freak me out and make me a little anxious

Especially when hearing about Toxic Shock Syndrome and whatnot.

my best friend swears by tampons, but each time i try to use them i'm so anxious i can't put them right. i prefer pads, they're really slim and comfy now, and i found a brand that will never let me down with my heavy flow.

well as some may have briefly seen i had a post about tampons and pads and it got kicked to here. So I will start over.(not trying to be rude im just bad with words) I asked about pads and tampons, who wore what and why. what they didnt like about the one they had and what they did like about what the haven chosen. well in an earlier post i have had been having some trouble down there .. thought it was a bladder infection ended up know body knowing and just having a big doctor bill$$$

I have had no pain for about 2 days now.. Which was a relief.. well i started my period today what fun!! and put a tampon in. and about 3 hours later the pain started so i changed it, and it got worse so i put a pad on popped some pain reliever pill the doc gave me and it is calmed down..

. Maybe i have TSS!! Or maybe i am having a allergic reaction to the scented tampons. Maybe this is what tit was the whole time i get my period put my tampon in and have a reaction .. think its bladder get treated for bladder and nothing is treated that needs to be.. OR i got Tss but wouldn't the doc be able to see TSS an a pap smear?? Not sure but looks like my tampon days are over when i was younger all i wanted was to wear tampons.

couldn't thou every time i did i would get it half way in and then i got a shocking feeling it was not an orgasm it was scary though.. couldn't wear them till i had sex my second to third time.!! But looks like pads will be easier for me .. i never changed them like i should i would sleep in them and changed them when i got up.. dont know how long it was thou.?? Any one here ever have TSS.. when iw as younger i was SO scared of getting Tss I couldnt even get the tampon in and i wuold go to my mom crying that i was scared i had tss .. hmm? what yall think?

All i know is im praying everynight this iwll go away:10: :10: :10: :scared:

once u tried tampon u will never switch back...pads are so fussy it overflows all thetime. and its so uncomfortable when u sleep coz u always have to worry if its gonna overflow

well i took the tampon out last night and a couple of hours later the pain went away!! Do i dont know.. looks like pads for me,, it is a very hard switch for me i have been through so many pads today just because everytime i pee i see it and go EW! and change them lol So i am thinking the tampons had a big effect on the pain. Not sure what it is TSS or allergic !! hmm I read the about the girl that had TSS wow.. that sounds scary! I just got really light head couldnt drive. Got a fever and got sick. But getting sick and dizzy can be from the meds i have been taking, to get rid of what ever this is! But i am on antibotics so it should ger rid of what ever is going on down there, seems to be working anyway!

tampons during the day and pads at night because pads make me paranoid, man. Like seriously. I imagine its going to fall out or I smell like stale blood. (Gross, I know)

wow it's so funny everyone is divided about what they like best. For me, I like being able to choose what I feel like. It's my accessory for that day. Do I feel like a tampon? a pad? LOL. I guess I'm the only person like that.

MissMissy, I've never heard of scented tampons, but maybe you could try like that 'cotton' type brand which is unscented? it might be the scent you're allergic to. Are you trying mini ones? or reg. size? i wear minis even though I've been sexually active for like 6 years. I just don't find regular ones comfortable. Also, there are different shapes. maybe whatever shape you are buying isnt as comfortable for you? (like tapered, blunt ended?)

Random thoughts, but maybe they'll be helpful. Good luck anyway!

that's funny because i've always been using pads, so i'm used to see blood. blood is nothing for me, really. and if you change your pad regularly, you don't have to worry about it.

one time though i put a pad, and it was the only one left in the house, and it was a big one, not a slim, so i spent the whole day with my sweatshirt tied on my waist because i was afraid someone would notice i had my period. that's the only day i wished i could use tampons.

I don't have a period anymore. I had a partial hysterectomy in 4/2006 and it was the BEST thing I have ever done! No more cramps, no more bleeding, no more pads, no more tampons, no more feeling yucky/smelly/gross!

I wore tampons until I had my first baby, then the tampon wouldn't stay in place. After that my periods became so heavy that I had trouble going to a public bathroom without making a big mess. My OB suggested the partial hysterectomy, and after a year of thinking about it, I went for it. And I have never looked back! YEAHHH!

what is a hysterectomy? Yep there are scented tampons! I just went back to pads. may i will wear a tampon if i go out with friends and stuff worst it going to be in the summer. I HATE pads i like to wear shorts! and i feel like everyone can see i am having my period i am destined to stay with pads i hope i stay with them! Just in case this is my prob! but summer time who knows.maybe my doctor can tell me i use regular absorbency by the way! Maybe i should try slender unscented what type of tampon do you guys use! what type of pad do you thing is the best?

I like carefree mini panty liners between periods, and the rest of the time, I use some random cotton only ones that my mum buys, since I use tampons.

Latest posts

Back