What is the shiniest gloss?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
without a doubt the shinest glosses ive tried are Lancomes star ones, i love them (though i only have 2)

Originally Posted by shiso /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wet n Wild Glassy Gloss is incredibly shiny. And only 2.99 I agree with that! Out of the whole bunch of lipglosses I've tried, this is actually the shiniest and cheapest lipgloss! And i guess if you want extremely shiny lips, just plaster lots of it on, it works!

I think clear lipglass by MAC is very shiny, are you looking for a "glass like" shine? I like Diors glosses. I think the trick is to put any gloss on thickly although then you have the problem of bleeding. DuWop do a clear liner which may prevent this. HTH

stila's lip glazes with your finger! sounds weird, but the finger and patting them on makes your lips look dripping wet. i love it!

Have you ever tired those rolly lip glosses at the dollar store, they pretty much lokk like you have a patent leather on your lips. Their really cheap $1, and come in lot's of flavors.

Put on gloss with your finger and put on a good amout of it!

It'll give you a really "wet" look...(usually works with a nice clear one)
11a.gif

Biotherm Glossy Shine or Glossy Splash/Glossy Splash Intense, but I think you do need to use a lot for it to be SUPER shiny.

great idea's/suggestions given here last days...who like to share theire glossiest look here with a photo ;-)

Originally Posted by Gvieve /img/forum/go_quote.gif I agree with Paradoxx, try Dior but today while I was out I thought about your quest for shiny wet lip gloss. Try Bon Bons the wet shine version. Walmart carries it. Doesn't look as if it would be that impressive in the container, which by the way is very small but only .88 cents so your investment risk is minimal. I tried it and loved the effect better than Loreal's and many other much higher priced brands.Also, something we used to do years ago for super super shine effect, you know the liquid bottle roll on type glosses with the balls? Well, if you remove the ball applicator and somewhat loosen it in the surrounding plastic, once you return it to the plastic container and put the whole thing back together it will apply a much heavier coat of gloss for an extremely wet and shiny look.

Yes! I saw this in the store and bought it. Super shiny! I'll remember to go back for the WnW Glassy Gloss then see which gives the shinier look.

Originally Posted by cardboardboxed /img/forum/go_quote.gif yes, I did a search for this but I didn't find the previous threads helpful.
I've tried typical recommender "shiny" glosses: mac lipglass, VS glosses, revlon SL, juicytubes, among others, but they are just NOT shiny enough for me. Compared to what I want, mac lipglass is a dull 1956 penny. I want something SHINY SHINY SHINY. I mean brand new car, freshly polished vinyl shoes.

Or am I asking for too much? Do they not make gloses that shiny?

Oh, and if you have pics, I would LOVE to see a pic of your shiny gloss on your lips!

the shiniest of all is def. the 99 c one,clear in the tube fruit flaovred u can find in any beauty supply store or 99 c store.it's amazingly shiny.there's no better.but,it's sticky after awhile.next one ,that is shiny,stays shiny long time and it's not sticky at all is lancome star gloss.
anyone knows which 99c i am talking about???

Is it the one that comes in a couple of different colors (but they all go on clear)? There is a picture of a fruit on it I think.

I think Urban Decay XXX gloss in Clear is the shiniest. It is sticky though..but I like that! It's also minty so it freshens your breath a bit.

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif I think Urban Decay XXX gloss in Clear is the shiniest. It is sticky though..but I like that! It's also minty so it freshens your breath a bit. I second that suggestion.Seems to be what you are looking for: goopy thickness, supernatural shine.

There are also some great colors. I dig "naked" for a softer lip and "guys love Betsey" for a pinup girl red, which of course can also be played down or darkened when paired with the right l/s or liner.

I also really like "uzi".

Surprisingly, the glitter doesn't turn me off. It just adds to the shine, and I always get compliments and inquiries when I wear it.

With some patience, diligence, and a little luck, you can get em pretty cheap on ebay.

Back