What is the shiniest gloss?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found this product in Japan a couple of months ago - it's called

'CURVY LIP SILICONE'.

I bought the clear version, I think there were colours....but it's this gloopy ULTRA shiny like unset jelly substance. It's thick. I put it over lipstick and it makes your lips look like glass.

I wore it the other day over an urban decay lip stain and people were literally staring at my lips when they were talking to me...it's THAT shiny.

Only pain is, as I said, I got it in Tokyo - cost about 1000yen. From a pharmacy (These places are make up heaven....). They were all over Tokyo....

Maybe theres someone on these boards in Japan who you could mail to get you some. It's crazy stuff.

MB

Originally Posted by mimiboo /img/forum/go_quote.gif I found this product in Japan a couple of months ago - it's called'CURVY LIP SILICONE'.

I bought the clear version, I think there were colours....but it's this gloopy ULTRA shiny like unset jelly sustance. I put it over lipstick and it makes your lips look like glass.

I wore it the other day over an urban decay lip stain and people were literally staring at my lips when they were talking to me...it's THAT shiny.

Only pain is, as I said, I got it in Tokyo - cost about 1000yen. From a pharmacy (These places are make up heaven....). They were all over Tokyo....

Maybe theres someone on these boards in Japan who you could mail to get you some. It's crazy stuff.

MB

I neeeed this! Anyone in Japan know of this brand who is willing to CP? Please!!
Is this it Mimiboo?

kyotobabe-img600x450-juicygloss_with_code_no_stated.jpg

THATS IT!!!!!!

In terms of 'the shiniest', I don't think there is anything apart from this that will do it.....

You know, sometimes we look for the impossible and we have to settle for reality - this happens a lot with me and make up.

I am lucky that I travel all over the world for work, ama make up and product junkie - so I look EVERYWHERE for the ultimate.....and usually find the best I can.

This is probably what you are looking for honey....

MB

Oh yes and just to add....when you apply this, you need to apply it WITHIN your lip line, as it sort of spreads and 'plasticises' over your lips.

You can't eat or drink with it on, as it comes off, but if untouched stays on a while.....

Believe it or not, The SHHHIINNNIEST lipgloss ever is a $2.99 Wet n wild lipglass. It outshines mac lipglass, Revlon superlustrous, loreal juicy tubes all of the high end lipglosses.

You know what, some of my cheaper m/u does the trick better than the so-called high brands. I put on a good quality lipstick, and then I go over it with my NYC clear lipgloss. It makes my lips look like mirrors, and it's slow to fading. Most of it stays on even after I eat. NYC clear lipgloss is found in many drugstores and supermarkets. It's also less than $2... you can't beat that!

Originally Posted by foxybronx /img/forum/go_quote.gif Believe it or not, The SHHHIINNNIEST lipgloss ever is a $2.99 Wet n wild lipglass. It outshines mac lipglass, Revlon superlustrous, loreal juicy tubes all of the high end lipglosses. Yep. I hear you on that one... only be careful, I have heard of people having allergic reactions to WnW lipgloss after injestion (myself included). NYC is also cheap, with good staying power, and I'm not allergic to it.

Originally Posted by NoxiousByProxy /img/forum/go_quote.gif You know what, some of my cheaper m/u does the trick better than the so-called high brands. I put on a good quality lipstick, and then I go over it with my NYC clear lipgloss. It makes my lips look like mirrors, and it's slow to fading. Most of it stays on even after I eat. NYC clear lipgloss is found in many drugstores and supermarkets. It's also less than $2... you can't beat that!

Yep. I hear you on that one... only be careful, I have heard of people having allergic reactions to WnW lipgloss after injestion (myself included). NYC is also cheap, with good staying power, and I'm not allergic to it.

Wow, I'm definitely going to have to try the stuff from NYC. I've had pretty good luck with BonneBell LipLites, which I found to be incredibly shiny!

Thanks for the information on the WnW, I'll be sure to look out for that stuff.

Dior, Wet n Wild glossy gloss, Loreal Juicy. If those are way off the mark you could just try dousing your lips in mineral oil (I am so kidding, please no offense). Actually a pretty decent gloss is the tube version of Carmax but not really better than the before mentioned BBW or VS glosses. Good Luck in your search I know what you mean, I adore that incredible shiny glossy look too.

Bonnebell Lip Smackers Roll On Shiner in Razzleberry. People can see their reflection on my lips when I wear this.

Originally Posted by bluebird26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Victoria's Secret Sweet Talk is so glossy and sticky you can't even open your mouth, lol, for real. Its very glossy and I love that stuff!

I agree with Paradoxx, try Dior but today while I was out I thought about your quest for shiny wet lip gloss. Try Bon Bons the wet shine version. Walmart carries it. Doesn't look as if it would be that impressive in the container, which by the way is very small but only .88 cents so your investment risk is minimal. I tried it and loved the effect better than Loreal's and many other much higher priced brands.

Also, something we used to do years ago for super super shine effect, you know the liquid bottle roll on type glosses with the balls? Well, if you remove the ball applicator and somewhat loosen it in the surrounding plastic, once you return it to the plastic container and put the whole thing back together it will apply a much heavier coat of gloss for an extremely wet and shiny look.

Originally Posted by cardboardboxed /img/forum/go_quote.gif Wow you have such full lips!
I think that gloss is more glittery than just shiny... I think I've used it and I liked the color I got. ^^ But it wasn't shiny enough for me.

If you like L'oreal Glam shine, try MAC Lustre Glass. It's super shiny, but the "sparkly" type of shiny with really really tiny sparkles, as opposed to maybe the vynil shine you're looking for. But MACs lasts definitely much longer than L'Oreal's Glam Shine. Plus it's shinier.

You know what makes my lips really shiny and unexpectedly? Breath-Freshening lip balm in mint by Bliss - it works really well and makes my lips really ultra shiny. I think it definitely the shiniest lip gloss i have ever used!

Absolute Lip Gel...i think u can find it in the UK....in the US u get the lip gloss version...but still pretty shiny

I love MAC Lipglass. I usually buy Clear Lipglass and slap it on top of my lipstick.

Originally Posted by cardboardboxed /img/forum/go_quote.gif ohh I totally want to try it now! Hello dear,
Lot's and lot's of recommendations done here for you.

You tried some of them already?

Just curious ;-)

Hugs,

Monique

I would have to say the WnW Glassy Gloss. Way shinnier than the MAC ones I have. I could almost see my reflection bounce back from it.

Back