What is the shiniest gloss?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by fickledpink Yeah Sally Hansen's Diamond lip gloss (not sure what exactly the name is) are really shiny as well. I agree! They are VERY VERY shiny!! They add that extra glossy/shimmery/shiny look too!

what about the following

the pink-glitter and green one are from the photographer kutlu, no clue what he used...

Originally Posted by mac-whore Im looking for a way shiner gloss, too. I've never tried MAC's clear l/g.. have you? Hi,
The clear lipglass is very shiny.

I posed this question at Sephora & was referred to the Sephora brand glosses, which I do admit are very shiny. BUT the shiniest thing I have found so far, & I am an afiacianado of glosses, is Sally Hansen Lip Inflation. VEry very shiny, & quite tingly. I can't report if it's really plumping or not but it must be doing something!!!

Love to all!

Originally Posted by sw0pp How much gloss do you put on? If I pack MAC lipglass on it looks basically like those ads, but the strange thing is the shininess is not that visible on pictures... Rimmel Vinyl Lip photographs better/shinier, but the texture is more runny, not a good option for packing on... or a you looking for one that will give you that look when wearing just a little amount? Yes, that's exactly it! I can get a shiny effect if I pile on lipglass or other glosses, but I'm looking for something that will give me the effect without having to squeeze out half the tube!

Originally Posted by dizzylettuce I posed this question at Sephora & was referred to the Sephora brand glosses, which I do admit are very shiny. BUT the shiniest thing I have found so far, & I am an afiacianado of glosses, is Sally Hansen Lip Inflation. VEry very shiny, & quite tingly. I can't report if it's really plumping or not but it must be doing something!!!Love to all!

Really? I hated the smell of that (smelled like a dentist's office to me, and I hate the dentist), and I didn't keep it on long enough to notice any shine or plumping... glad it works for you though

Originally Posted by sw0pp what about the following
the pink-glitter and green one are from the photographer kutlu, no clue what he used...

Whoa those are interesting. I'm looking for a more straight up shine than glitter though

Originally Posted by Monique_sl Hello,
Zoey mentioned it allready.

Guerlain Kisskiss gloss is very good, i have it myself and it;s really pigmented and thick/sticky from structure.

ohh I totally want to try it now!

I think that the only way of making everything shiny shiny shiny is wearing a shiny lipstick underneath the lipgloss. I understand the fact that most of the times only a big coat of lipgloss will be able to make it look really shiny, since what you're doing is creating a smooth clear layer of something and only that smooth surface will make the lips shine

Originally Posted by susanks1 Try www.philosophy.com I have the melon lipgloss and it is really shiny. This brand is also sold at Nordstroms and Sephora. Yeah, I have the daquiri gloss and I agree that it's very shiny!

Originally Posted by cardboardboxed To give you guys an idea, here is a pic of something not quite shiny enough... Oh wow your like me I'm looking for a supershine! I may try the tip that someone suggested (apply MAC clear lipgloss over another one).
ETA: Has anyone tried the YSL Glossy Touch, it sounds shiny lol!

Originally Posted by TangerineSpeedo The shiniest lipgloss I've ever tried was Sweet Talk from Victoria's Secret. I just bought Victoria's Secret Sweet Talk Lip Gloss in Cheery Vanilla.
Victoria_s_Secret_Sweet_Talk_Mouth_Watering_Lip_Gloss-resized200.jpg

Was looking for a longlasting gloss.

This one really is!!
glasses.gif

But be aware is is so SUPER STICKY!!! (that is why it last so long)

What is your opinion on the stickyness TangerineSpeedo?

Dior Addict plastic gloss is supposed to be fab for shine...To make my own lipglosses even shinier I also use my 8 hour cream...that gives an amazing glass like finish!

Originally Posted by Monique_sl I just bought Victoria's Secret Sweet Talk Lip Gloss in Cheery Vanilla.http://img.epinions.com/images/opti/eb/36/Victoria_s_Secret_Sweet_Talk_Mouth_Watering_Lip_Gl oss-resized200.jpg

Was looking for a longlasting gloss.

This one really is!!
glasses.gif

But be aware is is so SUPER STICKY!!! (that is why it last so long)

What is your opinion on the stickyness TangerineSpeedo?

I have the Sweet talk gloss as well, it's very shiny and sticky like you say

Originally Posted by MissGolightly Dior Addict plastic gloss is supposed to be fab for shine...To make my own lipglosses even shinier I also use my 8 hour cream...that gives an amazing glass like finish! I also seen people using Dior Addict plastic gloss, and it is indeed really nice!But here in The Netherlands(where i live) it's hard to get, don't see it in the (beauty)stores :-(

Mix it with the 8 hour cream and then apply or what is the good way to do it ?

Originally Posted by Saints I have the Sweet talk gloss as well, it's very shiny and sticky like you say You have the normal or shimmering(newer) gloss?Did you ever posted a FOTD when you used that Sweet Talk?

The shiny look of it is the most i like!!
laughing.gif

A few years ago I tried the mary-kate and Ashely brand MU from wal-mart. I got like a pack of three lipglosses and they are the shinesty things i have ever used. They don't have wand aplicators you just squirt them on your fingers.

Originally Posted by beautynista /img/forum/go_quote.gif lancome juicy gelee! SUPER shiny I second this notion...have you tried any of the suggestions yet?

Like you- Mac lipglass, Juicy tubes isn't shiny enough for me.

I'm sticking to these Lancome Gelees. I'll give Bourjois a shot in the future, but for now my supershiny lipgloss hunt is over.
rockwoot.gif

Ok I found Sally Hansen's Diamond gloss and it is very shiny. I like it alot.

Question- are the new VS sweet talk glosses shiny like the previous ones? They don't look it in the tube.

Okay, which brand is shiniest then from those mentioned! I couldn't keep up with that one LOL!

The shiniest gloss I have ever seen was Lip Vinyl from Dior. It looked like patent leather. No. Really. They have discontinued it, but some of their new formulations are supposed to be similar, so I would try Dior.

Back