What is your monthly beauty budget?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before I discovered subs I never had a budget (i.e. I rarely bought makeup)! Now it seems money just flies out the window..

$200per month on products. I spend an additional $100 on waxing every 6 weeks, $200 hair color touch ups every 5 weeks, and $1500 yearly on cosmetic procedures such as Botox, radiesse, or dysport.

It's really hard to say because I get my hair cut and colored, manicures, pedicures, waxing, hair products, skin products, make-up, nail polish. It all adds up and I don't ever really sit and think how much I spend per month. Maybe in December I'll look over my expenses and see what it breaks down to as a monthly expense and use that as a guide to set a monthly budget for myself.

I'd say I'm probably at about $100.  I don't have an official budget because I suck at being an adult but I get Ipsy, Birchbox, 2 Beauty Army (usually) & Glossybox.  So that's about $50 right there, then I'd say I usually go crazy with about $50 throughout the month (although sometimes it's more, sometimes less).  I'd like it to be less but I'm working on it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As of lately, I would say about $100. This includes all my box subs.

My current monthly beauty budget is maybe 30 dollars. Box subs don't send to my country, as much as I'd like to have them, and my budget goes mostly into re-buying products that go bad, like mascara and such. I do occasionally absolutely fall for beauty products though, and end up buying them. I haven't bought much recently, though.

I usually stay under $200...but I always go over $75. There is always something new to try :-D

Yikes! My husband thinks that I spend about $30 on makeup each month but in all honesty it's probably about $150. But that's for all beauty products, including shampoo and conditioner.

I don't count shampoo and conditioner. I put those on the necessity list.

Hmmmm.... I am more of an impulse buyer. I don't set my mind to buying anything unless I need it! If I walk into the mall or anywhere with beauty products I look forever! Then if something really catches my eyes and I MUST have it NOW then I go for it! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> So I have no budget I suppose.

Mine varies - if we're talking about cut/color along with beauty boxes, online sales/promotions and Target hauls including nail strips it could be as much as $350.  The next month might be $150.  I do give away quite a bit, living in another country that doesn't have a Target much less a Sephora I end up spoiling my friends and friends' little girls with personalized beauty gift boxes that are much appreciated and helps find homes for some of my beauty box items.  The weird thing is I cringe at spending a big chunk and avoid it - a la the Urban Decay eyeliner vault when it was available, which would definitely get used and parceled out to happy friends but end up spending the same amount because of boxes, Sephora.com and a quick run into the store just to pick up polish remover (yeah right . . . I end up spending $50).  It's weird for me because I can't just pop out to the store for a beauty fix so I either have to order online and wait 2 months to pick up my mail or shop my hoard.  I purposely buy things and don't use them right away so I can have something new to play with on a day that I need a pick me up.   I know, I'm weird.

My monthly budget for all fun things is $350. I can go over by some but I try to stick to that. That includes entertainment but not going out to eat.

Oops, I just blew my budget by getting one of the Le Metier de Beaute beauty box subscriptions - I just couldn't help myself, I was so happy they opened up the subs again and the first box looks amazing.  The upfront cost was a lot for one purchase but it's actually 12 months of high end beauty products so I'm trying to justify it.  Gulp.

I don't really have a "beauty budget"... it varies monthly by what I NEED and what I WANT...I recently cut back my subs...so at the moment my subs are $40 a month...two months ago I was spending $100+ on subs. sometimes I don't need anything,or want anything and my "budget" for the month is extremely low...other months I go on splurges spending up to about $200 additional..maybe more. This week I spent $70 on nail polish and nail art supplies...and a quick little run in a mini sephora on my lunch break for some sale eyeliner,lol. but I justify my little splurges because they typically involve items that will last awhile...I wont have to buy nail gem/stones/decals, topcoat, stamping supplies, thinner, or cuticle oil for quite awhile now...and am I really supposed to pass on sale polishes that are being discontinued through Bondi? what if they are gone forever? I'd rather spend a few extra dollars now then be hunting trade boards for weeks to find one I want later.( addict talk here) and I never count necessities in the beauty budget.

For the past year or so it's been usually between $50 and $200 a month. I'm trying to keep it closer to $50 lately, but I'm usually not successful with that. I only started buying lip stick, nail polish, and eyeliner in May 2012. Now they are my addiction (along with fragrance) and I spend way too much. I do not wear other make up.

I'm a subscriber to Ipsy and I usually spend between $15-$50 in store and online during the month. I shop sales and use coupons so I'm usually able to get a lot for pretty cheap. However, lately I'm trying to focus more on quality rather  than quantity. Over the past couple of months I've probably gone over the $50 because of a new MAC store opening nearby and Urban Decay's new sale items. I'm trying to get back under control again
6.gif
I used to subscribe to Birchbox and Beauty Army, but my sample stash was getting out of control and a lot of them were left being unused.

It's hard to say what I spend a month. I dont budget. I buy what I need and TRY to keep it upder control with stuff i "want." Only about $30 a month on subs, but otherwise it could be anywhere from $50 to $500+ a month. I tend to avoid sephora and ulta like the plague for months, eventually have to pop in just for 1 or 2 things, but walk out several hundred dollars lighter. I'm a total perfume junkie too. I can never just buy one bottle! One perfume binge can make a big dent!

Back