What is your monthly beauty budget?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spend about $50 but that includes everything - toothpaste and everything, but not contacts or contact solution. Everything else - dental floss, hand soap, everything is included. No subs. I feel bad about it though, like I wish I was more of a minimalist with like one lipstick that doubles as my blush and using baking soda to wash my face. Like, people in the world don't even have clean water. Alas, I'm a product junkie.

Saycrackagain, I think what you are spending is very reasonable. There is nothing wrong with treating yourself to something.

Agreed. Don't feel guilty because some government in a third world country can't manage themselves properly. There is nothing wrong with treating yourself.

Including sub boxes, somewhere between 60 - 75 dollars. I really need to reduce it to 50 bucks.

I don't set myself a budget (if I did, I'd break the rules!), but I spend quite a lot, especially with Australian prices for makeup being a lot higher! 
icon_cry.gif

Perhaps this is where I am failing because I cannot say that I even set a beauty budget for myself. If I have a few extra unaccounted for dollars after paying bills and I end up at Sephora or Ulta (et al.) and I want to pick something up, I will. I have come to the realization this month that I ridiculously overspend so that is why I have instituted a no-buy for myself for the month of September. I think that I am going to really try to keep myself to the $100/month or less limit that it seems a lot of the responders have and see if that helps me to save some money. I have more makeup than one private citizen should. I am not a makeup artist nor do I do any freelance. I am a collector, simple as that. I am trying to hammer home the point to myself that I have purchased an exorbitant amount of makeup in the past year and at this point I am considering if I can be disciplined enough to make all of 2014 a makeup no-buy. 

How do you all hold yourselves accountable and make sure that you stick to your beauty budget month after month?

I have to spend at least $300/month on beauty products and subscriptions.

E.

(Please no personal blog links -magicalmom)

I don't have a precise budget so there are months when I spend nothing and there are months when I spend a fortune. However, this sums up to $100-250 per month on average.

Between subscriptions and Sephora purchases, I think I spend about $250 per month on beauty products.  What is your monthly budget?
I honestly only spend my $10 on Ipsy unless I run out of my concealer which is only about $12 from Maybeline, the dark circle eraser! Just having Ipsy has made my collection large enough that I need another makeup case lol!

I usually try to keep it in the $100 ball park which is far more conservative than what I used to spend!

I don't really have a budget for makeup but I definitely should set one. But I am definitely an impulse buyer so I don't know if I will have enough self control lol sometimes you just have to have it! But I am definitely thinking about not buying anything for a while because I recently have bought a lot :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine is typically $150, but I am putting myself on a budget down to $50 because I am wanting to go back to school. Worth it, I know, but it's going to be tough. Winter make up is my favorite. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't really have one, because I'm the queen of disorganization. =p

Currently I'm trying to use what I have up (SO MUCH) but I generally try not to spend over $100 a month. But y'know...some months I'll just buy a couple of drugstore things, and the next I'll go on a Sephora-spree and spend ...money ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh man... my "budget" for beauty has exploded since I started subscription boxes. But I also moved across the nation (Idaho to NYC) with only two suitcases and didn't get to bring anything with me but the absolute essentials, so my collections of nail polish and great makeup was distributed among friends. 

This month I think I've spent like $250 on beauty products. 

The month before $150. 
The month before $40. 

The month before $15. 

I'm going to be returning to No-Buy land here shortly. I have like... 18 colors of nailpolish and at least one of everything E.L.F. has to offer and the sub boxes. Starting October... I'm on a sub-boxes only budget ($23 glossy, $10.89 ipsy). I need to move onto a new obsession or exciting thing.

The next exciting thing? Paying off debt before christmas. 

I set aside some beauty money for different needs. Right now it is as follows: $50 for beauty subscriptions. $50 for Korean/Japanese brands. $100 for Chanel products. $50 for everything else beauty.

I have no budget, I am well organised and avoid buying new things until I spent the last thing I bought. I make it work no matter how bad the product could be. 

When I do not plan to spend on makeup and beauty products this is my "budget": 

Skin Care $20 month (some months more depends when I hit pan) 

Hair Care $20 month 

Makeup $10 month (varies a lot, even more depending if I ran out of some products but this is in general if I didn't run out) 

I really don't spend much, but when I run out of products (every 3 - 4 months), I spend with no hesitation and no budget

Since I'm starting out.. so far this month ....vanity, brushes, makeup, cleansers, combs, hair clips, makeup mirror, makeup bag, sponges etc, etc..  830.00.  Next month should be easier, with just makeup, cleansers etc.. A lot of basic needs and start-up items.   I'll keep track.

I am getting married next year, so I really shouldn't be spending on make-up and should be saving for that.. but who likes to stick my budgets? My actual spending on make-up per month is easily $100. I don't know why either, it isn't like I need 12 different foundations.. *sigh*  it is truly an obsession.

Quote:I think that's about where my makeup budget will end up.  Oh and congrats on your engagement! Originally Posted by saraskentel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am getting married next year, so I really shouldn't be spending on make-up and should be saving for that.. but who likes to stick my budgets? My actual spending on make-up per month is easily $100. I don't know why either, it isn't like I need 12 different foundations.. *sigh*  it is truly an obsession.

Back