What is your monthly beauty budget?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
boysarah - Since you're starting your collection, you're probably going to be high up in the dollars for a little while =p Luckily you've got a way to avoid lots of unnecessary products/bad products by having everyone in this community, haha.

Quote:I know.. people ladies like you are a treasure.. thanks to everyone Originally Posted by slinka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  boysarah - Since you're starting your collection, you're probably going to be high up in the dollars for a little while =p Luckily you've got a way to avoid lots of unnecessary products/bad products by having everyone in this community, haha.

I spend around 300 dollars a month including my sub boxes which come to about 100. I  have a problem  buying as Sephora. I order a lot from them. cannot control myself  LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by sparklesgirlxox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I spend around 300 dollars a month including my sub boxes which come to about 100. I  have a problem  buying as Sephora. I order a lot from them. cannot control myself  LOL
Girl I feel ya. Did you get the email about their set deals? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Only like $50, because I'm a teen and I am really trying to buy only what I need at the moment. (which means none of those tempting glitter pigments or fuscia lip colors
icon_cry.gif
) I try to only spend serious money on face products, like foundations and primers and such, and purchase the rest from places like target or cvs. I try to limit myself to only one trip to the mall (going to places like Sephora or Mac) and only one online beauty purchase a month. It's tough though when I'm always finding out about new great products 
rolleyes.gif

Only like $50, because I'm a teen and I am really trying to buy only what I need at the moment. (which means none of those tempting glitter pigments or fuscia lip colors:icon_cry: ) I try to only spend serious money on face products, like foundations and primers and such, and purchase the rest from places like target or cvs. I try to limit myself to only one trip to the mall (going to places like Sephora or Mac) and only one online beauty purchase a month. It's tough though when I'm always finding out about new great products  :rolleyes:  
This may sound too nerdy for a teen, but I was (and still am) really into coupons for beauty products! Not so to be eligible for any tv shows ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but I only bought something if I had a coupon for it and it was on sale (unless I just reeeeeaaaally needed it). Sometimes there was a difference of $30! There's just a feeling of satisfaction leaving the store only paying half of what you could have paid. And this is coming from someone who sell $70 eye creams and $40 foundations. Good luck!

Oh girl, I have been trying to find some good beauty coupons for FOREVER! I'm always trying to find them in the paper or online, but I just don't really know where to look! What methods would you recommend for getting these coupons? 

Many thanks! 

Maga

Oh girl, I have been trying to find some good beauty coupons for FOREVER! I'm always trying to find them in the paper or online, but I just don't really know where to look! What methods would you recommend for getting these coupons?  Many thanks! 
Magazines, coupons, and whenever stores are having sales! Walgreens and CVS usually have the best sales I find for beauty items. You can also sign up for newsletters or rewards programs and rack up points or credits etc. I also use swagbucks and save up points to get a $10 gift card every few months.

Might I also suggest the following website. I have found it be very useless for finding bargains on drugstore brands. Nouveau cheap is the name of the website. hope its okay to mention that site here!

I use make-up somewhat sporatically, but trying to get back into it.  I'm going to go ahead and wager a guess that I wouldn't want to spend more than $40 a month, if I could get away with it.  

How long does most make-up last anyways, if you use the same thing every day?  

EDIT: I've always been a bit of a miser when it comes to spending money on beauty products, but now I'm trying to do all the research I can to find out what products are worth spending the big bucks on.  But it has to be really, REALLY worth it.  

I don't have a monthly beauty budget lol. I usually just buy makeup when I see a good promo code and stock up for the year. I think some one else mentioned shampoo and conditioner as a beauty product. I usually stock up on that as well for the year. As you can notice I like to buy in bulk. I shop on ebay, amazon, beauty has some great sales, and walmart sometimes. I would say For a year I try not to go over $1,000. So per month that would be $83.00. So biweekly I might spend around $40.00 on beauty necessities. I am guessing for some how do you do that?????? When you have a limited income and you want to look nice you become creative. lol. Oh, Did I forget the free sample. I have a lot of free samples!

Well, now that the Holidays are around the corner I have to cut down to about $30 a month...or else no one gets gifts this year!

Thanks to subscription boxes, I now spend a minimum of $46 a month.. But at least for that $46, I get at minimum 10 new products to try every month. Besides that, I buy a ton of indie makeup, and that's probably another ~$40 a month. I should probably cut down...

I used to spend a fortune on beauty products every month! It's amazing when you start to add up all of the different things you buy - I often would go down to the shops and buy things almost daily after work and never realised how much I was spending.

Over the last year I've been trying some online services that deliver products every month and I've found that I get great products much cheaper - and I really love getting the box through the post and unwrapping all the lovely products!

Tamsin

(edited to remove link -magicalmom)

Quote: Originally Posted by Dancerina /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My current budget is about $150 a month, but I buy discounted makeup on muabs.com
Well, I just found a new way to spend all my money!!

I really don't have any obligations at the moment so I have been splurging a lot. If I had to put a number, for more than a couple months I have been going over 500-600 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />(

Back