What lipstick/lipgloss are you wearing right now?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i m wearing my eos lip balm mint  flavor and on top of that mac hue lipstick and luter glass love nectar is my favorite combination!!!!

Jordana lip pencil in Rock n' Rose and nothing else as I think it's a pretty colour on its own, and very creamy. I hate gloss.

Rimmel Drop of Sherry and Milani Glitzy Glamour Gloss in Stylish. I thought Drop of Sherry was warm, brownish red, but it's more burgundy purple cool. Doesn't go with the rest of my makeup so I slapped Stylish, which is Orange, over it. Came out nicer than you might think!

This morning I'm wearing Avon Beyond Color plumping lipstick in Uptown Pink, a nice rose shade. I like Avon lipsticks, they have some nice colors and the price is right.

Carol ~ I remember when my mom used to sell Avon.  I would play with her "samples" all the time!  Now however, its hard for me to buy any of their makeup because I cant see it or smell it (perfume) before ordering.  How did you know what shade to pick?  I've always loved their products but I'm a swatch kinda gal. 

Karen, I guess I got lucky, to a degree. I usually order through their web site, and I base my color choice on the swatches they show there. Since I'm a fairly serious photographer, all my computer monitors are calibrated to be as accurate as possible, so as long as Avon has taken care to make the color of their swatches accurate, I can get a fairly good idea of what the colors actually look like. Sometimes it doesn't work though and I end up with a color that I don't want, but not too often.

I used to have an Avon rep that I bought from, but she moved away and I haven't made the effort to find a new one. Being transgendered, I'm always a bit hesitant with stuff like that, as some people don't react well to someone like me.

Lucky girl!!!!! I would love for my monitors to be "true" to color like that.  I have an IT guy for a hubby so you'd think I'd have ALL the new high tech stuff.  Sure he buys the new stuff but only when the stuff we have are beyond repair (so it's usually quite awhile lol).  As for the rep, don't be hesitant.  Sure we all come in different shapes, sizes and genders but money only comes one way "GREEN!"  They shouldn't be the least bit put it off since you're putting money in their pocket 
biggrin.gif

Back