What movies have you seen recently?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw "The 40 Year Old Virgin" last night. Or rather, I should say I tried to watch it. It was soooooo immature, stupid, and just full of profanity and absolutely, well, over-the-top stupid. I watched about a 1/2 hour of it and then turned off the TV pissed off that I spent money on it.

Sucks, I had heard that it was "so funny". I found it just an opportunity for the characters to say "f*ck" as many times as possible. It was boring. I wouldn't recommend this movie.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like it. I, on the other hand, absolutely loved it. However, the vulgarities were rather excessive. If you can get past that, it's hilarious. I saw the unrated version. A great movie to pair this with is Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle. They're both over the top American Pie funny (to me)!!

My mom and stepdad saw Alexander and hated it. What was funny was my 60 year old mom said the best part of the whole movie was Colin Farell's butt! LOL.

I just saw Me, Myself and Irene for the VERY first time last night!!! I know its a good few years old but I just thought it was absolutely hilarious!!! My guy thinks that I enjoyed it so much because I've got a split personality like Hank and Charlie!!! Although not to that extent, hee hee!!!

From the trailers it surely looks like a beautiful film but...

A film about something so tightly bound up in Japanese traditional culture has a duty to that culture to achieve some authenticity. Unfortunately the Hollywood committee behind the film thought that real Geisha make-up and hair would scare off a potential audience in the West. So what you will be seeing is really a Hollywood re-imagining of the geisha world. There is a more authentic film about this subject, by Kinji Fukasaku (the director of Battle Royale) called The Geisha House. Having said that, Memoirs of a Geisha may still be a very enjoyable film experience in the same way as Chicago (by the same director) was: i.e, as a fantasy.

has anyone seen jim carrey's new film? me and my bf went to go watch it at the cinema but we got told its the worst movie ever and is far from funny, so we changed our minds! but id still like other peoples opinions on this film.

Hello all-

Just saw The Wedding Crashers last night...it was funny but not as funny as I would have liked...I was expecting more....vulgarity and profanity...Man, that just makes me sound so immature...Oh well.LOL

Last night, I went to my boyfriends house, and the movie Radio was on. I saw this in the theatre also. I LOVE this movie. It is a true story too. Did I mention I love this movie? lol. I also watched Batman Begins, I bought it for my bf one day b/c he loves it and was having a bad day and I had never seen it. I admit it was much better than the other Batman movies (which I hate) but I didnt understand hardly any of it. I also cried a lot in the early parts of the movie, b/c Batmans childhood, and dealing with an instance from his childhood when he was an adult was so similar to mine (I wont give details so as not to spoil the movie).

I saw When a Stranger Calls this weekend, scared the hell out of me cause I dont like being home alone anyways. Last weekend I saw Brokeback Mountain and well lets just say it was a bit shocking to me. I certainly did not thinkl that it was Oscar material!

I also belong to Netflix and watched this weekend Wedding Crashers, Red Eye, and Lord of Wars.

Hello all-

I also saw March of the Penguins...too sad for me...Yes, I know animals die in the wild all the time, but I don't wanna see it all the time in a movie...My mom had to turn it off because I was getting so upset...But if you don't mind seeing that sort of thing, then you might enjoy it...

I did see Walk The Line and it was better than I thought it was going to be.

How was Lord of Wars? I havent heard of it. I have seen all the ones you mentioned except "When a stranger Calls", I dont like scary movies.

Yeah, Crash was good (especially the performances by Thandie Newton and Terence Howard). I recently saw Derailed too - it was a good storyline and Jennifer Aniston tried to play a really different role to normal. But even when I try to forget that she was in Friends it's like she is "Rachel" acting in a movie. Sounds weird I know :icon_conf

I watched "Just Like Heaven" on the airplane with Reese Witherspoon.

This was a Really, Really, good, cute movie. and it got better as it went along.

San Francisco, Reese, ghosts, love, life, death and resurection issues?

Who could ask for anything more?????

:clap5 out of 5 stars:clap

Back