What movies have you seen recently?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just seen Ice Age 2 - it was really funny and entertaining but I think I pereferred the first one.

theatre: ice age the meltdown...very funny!

bought: memoirs of a geisha...read the book, so of course i critized the movie left and right...it was an ok rendition.

rented: derailed...big jennifer aniston fan, so of course i liked it.

I finally saw Monster, though I've owned it since it was first released to dvd (forgot to reply to my featured selection w/ Columbia House!!!)!! Great movie!

Over the weekend my hubby and I watched Skeleton Key. I thought it was kind of predictable but a good date movie.

Oh and on Friday I saw Brokeback Mountain for the first time. To be honest, I was a little disappointed. I guess I had heard so much hype about it and I probably expected too much. Overall I enjoyed it but I don't know if I'd watch it again.

Well, well, well. I'm still looking for Eight Below, Amanda..thanks for the rec..it sounds like a movie I would enjoy. I like any non.fiction type movies.

Went to see, last night..While the BF was in an adjacent cinema watching United 93 (I'm sorry, I just could not handle it...especially being so far from home...BTW..he text messaged me right before the movie and wrote "This is so weird..I'm the only one in the entire movie theatre."...He also said it was really, really good.) I saw.....TAKE THE LEAD..starring Antonio Banderas and a bunch of other people I didn't really notice...LOL.

Alright, ready?? Here's the story..I love Dancing of any kind. I love to Dance. Some People Sing in the Shower..I Dance in the Shower. Antonio Banderas, one of the most beautiful men ever put on this earth..IMO, is 45, 46, whatever years old...and is just sensational. It is his best role since Interview with a Vampire. He is so, so, sexy in this. The movie is very, very well done and understated. This is not an Action Movie. It is basically Dancing, Love, overcoming fears, more dancing. Also, if the sound of either Rap Music or classical waltzes bothers you...you might want to give this a miss. You'll understand what I mean after you see the movie. It is the true story of New York dance instructor Pierre...oh, I forget his last name. He choreographed the film. Nothing High Budget and fancy...just really good. I recommend it.

I seen X-men 3 and Fast and Furoius:Tokyo Drift at the theater, and recently watched Eight Below, Date Movie, Underworld Evolution, and Aquamarine.

Hildago was a great movie, but I just saw Failure to Launch and UltraViolet, they were both good but I prefer horror movies, there my fav.

I've seen alot (IMO) since my last post.

I purchased most of the movies. Rentals are followed by an asterik.

Eight Below 5 Stars

Similar to Snow Dogs, but with less humor and of course, Paul Walker is HAWT. It's a great family movie. It's got just the right amount of action and teary-eyed moments. It's a great anyone movie, really!

Crash 5 Stars

A very realistic dramatization of how our lives intertwine. It really makes you think. A wonderful array of top of the line actors and actresses.

Walk the Line 5 Stars

A superior performance by Joaquin and Reese. A definite must-see.

Yours, Mine and Ours* 3-1/2 Stars

Humorus, but not the funniest movie I've ever seen. I would watch it again or even buy it for my son. A cute family movie!

Failure to Launch 4-1/2 Stars

Funny, witty and charming. Matthew Mc....however you spell it and Sarah Jessica Parker make a great duo in this movie. Great original storyline (based on a book I believe), interesting plot and great ending.

Just Like Heaven 3-1/2 Stars

A wierd original storyline, great characters and the actors/actresses that play them, but the oddity of the plot drops it's star rating. Definitely humorous!

Hostel 0 Stars

Disgusting, freaky and too much sexual content for me. Unfortunately, I purchased this one on the recc of my brother. See if I ever do that again.

There are a few more, but I can't think of them off the top of my head. I rented The Hills Have Eyes, but I haven't seen it. I think I vaguely remember someone telling me NOT to watch that.....better check before I waste hours as I did on Hostel. BLECK.

Another *Disgusting and freaky* review for this Hostel movie. I wonder what possesed Tarantino (ok...I have never liked any of his movies anyway, including Pulp Fiction which I thought was the most overrated, offensive piece of junk of the entire '90's) to make this film. At least with someone like George Romero or John Carpenter, you know it's going to be freaky or whatever...but how many Tarantino fans went to see this thinking this was *art* or something? BTW, Escape From New York, from John Carpenter, was, IMO, an excellent film, one of my top ten.

Any Tarantino fans out there who liked this Hostel movie?

I totally forgot that was a Tarantino film.....I'm disappointed. I usually like his films. It was written and directed by Eli Roth. I think it was he who screwed the pooch.

saw x-men 3, it was pretty good.

going to the movies in 1/2 hour to see over the hedge will post my thoughts.

ultraviolet- eh o.k. vampiric type of movie in which Underworld does a much better job.

Over The Hedge was cute.

Next week I am going to go see Superman with my son and the following week I will see The Devil Wears Prada.... will give updates.

Went and saw Poseidon the other night....It was ok. Super, Super Freaky Special Effects.

I, myself, that is, being myself, that is....would not take kids (especially sensitive kids) to see this right away on the big screen.

There are a lot of dead bodies (not to give anything away)..and some overall pretty graphic scenes. In the first movie, the Original Poseidon Adventure, there were also a lot of gross scenes, but they were done way better. Overall, I would say the first movie was way better in almost every way, and it really gave me an appreciation of how technically and artistically advanced the Original, for it's time, was.

Richard Dreyfuss was the only one (except for the two romantic leads, who were good) who really did an outstanding job and was outstanding in this movie.

Oh, Owen Wilson is in that!!! Yeah, now I want to see it even more...:popcorn:

Saw Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest a couple weeks ago. It was good, but definitely was made to set us up for the third installment. Of course, Johnny Depp could read from the phone book, and I'd be happy. LOL

I watched FF:Tokyo Drift and to my surprise it was actually good! I was all mad that I didnt get to see the movie I wanted, damn democracy, but it worked out for the better :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also watched Posieden and at first I thought was that it was going to be like another Titanic. Man, was I wrong, its nothing like it and its a watchable movie. Would I watch it again?: Only if I wasnt bored out of my mind.

Along came Corpse Bride. God I LOVE it!!! Its was awesome that its one of Tim Burtons masterpieces and Johnny Depp was in it!!! So I had to watch it. It as a beautiful story and I cried at the end. But Im not sure if it fits the place of Nightmare Before Christmas.Though its easily one of my favourite movies!

clerks 2, yesterday.

i rarely go to movies, so the fact that so far this year i have been to 3 of them is super duper rare (normally its like 3 a year).

i went to see pirates yesterday... i thought it was ok.. but i wasnt super impressed... i kinda thought the first one was easier to follow cuz there was only one curse and you knew who was dead or alive haha.. there was just too much going on for me in this one.. maybe when the 3rd comes out itll make more sense to me or maybe im just stupid hahah

Back