What's one product that takes you forever to get through?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nail polishes, eyeshadows and blushes. These things never go away since you only need a tiny amount. I also have quite a lot of foundations, bronzers, lipsticks, and lotions but I can finish them up in a few years maybe if I don't buy more lol

B&BW shower gels are taking me forever. I've been switching between Pink Chiffon and White Citrus mostly. Going on a year and both still half full. I burn through CVS brand 2% salicylic acid pink grapefruit shower gel though. A bottle won't even last me a month.

It takes me forever to use up things like eyeshadows, blushes, bronzers and nail polishes. Honestly, I don't think I've ever ran out of any of those. I can easily run out of hair products, lotions and things like that, but makeup just gets lingers except for foundation and concealers. 

The only thing I've ever finished before I was supposed to toss it out is lotion and body wash. It's why I love travel/sample sizes so much. I got a sample of Hot Mama from Birchbox in November and I think I'm only 60% through it. I think blush you're supposed to throw out after two years, so there is no way I'm buying the full size, no matter how much I love it.

The worst I think would be nail polish. I only paint my toes, which I find to be a hassle, so I usually only use a bottle for 3-4 pedicures before I move on to a new shade. Such a waste.

You know, I don't think I've ever used up a full-size mascara. I always just end up tossing it after a while. It's why I love the mascara deluxe samples so much.

I think I have only ever gone through a mascara tube once because I try to throw mine out every 3 months. It also takes me forever to go through eye primer. 

Here's how long my stuff lasts with daily use: Lipliner: FOREVER! Eye primer: 1 year Foundation: 3 seasons Blush: 2 years Bronzer: 1 year to multiple years Lipstick: 6 months Lipgloss: 1 week to 1 year Eyeliner: 1 year Eyeshadow: ??? Mascara: 2-4 months Body lotion: 6 weeks Shower gel/soap: 1 to 3 months Shampoo/conditioner: 6 weeks to 6 months Perfume: 1 year

I haven't finished a product in a while.  Now I do a mini celebration when I get through a sample product! I would have to say blushes take me the longest to get though because I use very, very  little product with each use because I'm pretty pale.

I go through body lotions like crazy . I  use it after I shower all over. I keep running out. I  use channel hydromax cream on my face. I have had the same $100 dollar jar for a few years   I just use a tiny bit of the cream.  My eyeliners seem to last forever

I go through lotion like crazy. I keep some on my desk while working, and some in my bathroom. I apply all day, same as lip balm, although I tend to lose lip balm before I finish it.

I also go through shower gel fairly quickly, even though I'm an every-other-day-girl too, and shampoo and conditioner because my hair is so thick.

I'm slow with nail polish (only ever finish top coats), and since my collection is almost 150 bottles, I don't see myself finishing any at any time, lol. I'm also really slow with eye shadows and blush.

I can never use up makeup products other than foundation. 

Eyeshadows and blushes especially...I keep them far longer than the "suggested" toss time, as they are powder and I am clean with them, I only throw them out if the texture, color, scent starts to change....but I can't remember the last time I hit pan on one. Lipsticks always get tossed way before I'm even close to done with them, as I find they start to dry out faster. 

I go through eyeliner, mascara, and body wash pretty quickly. I use lotion all the time, but somehow it still takes me a long time to get through!

I also do not toss my powder products. No water no bacteria. 

I finish my lip products pretty often, especially lipsticks and foundation and concealer.

What I never finished before: eyeshadow, eyeliner and powder blushes. Now I'm forcing myself to finish. I use the same makeup 5 days a week till I finish them. Especially with cream blush and foundation it's important not to keep them too long.

I'm with you! Eyeshadow take FOREVER to use up! I don't think I have ever used a whole one in my life!

Back