What's one product that takes you forever to get through?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found that I can go through a Bath and Body Works lotion in 1-1.5 months with near-daily use. In the past 9 months I've used up 3 body creams, 2 travel-sized body lotions, and 5 full-sized body lotions (and I should be finished with another bottle by next week). So it's doable!

I think I've read somewhere that a bottle of nail polish has around 20 applications (if you use 2 coats)... so yeah, given the number of colors I have that will take forever to use up...
Gosh, I'm impressed. Do you lotion up EVERYTHING? I usually only remember to do my legs right out of the shower which is bad since I have eczema and should be more diligent with moisturizing.

Gosh, I'm impressed. Do you lotion up EVERYTHING? I usually only remember to do my legs right out of the shower which is bad since I have eczema and should be more diligent with moisturizing.mo
Yep! Especially since this past winter was particularly cold (and dry!) (and I'm originally from a warm-state) so it was easier to get into the habit of moisturizing everyday after I showered at night. It'll probably get harder to use up lotion as quickly now that the weather is getting warmer (and more humid). This month I have two empty bottles of Bath and Body works lotion to show in the empties thread  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

For this, I'm going to have to say everything - I have so many different products and I'm really bad about getting bored and dragging out new things before I've finished up what I'm working on. The amount of shower gels and body lotions that I have out and are partially used up is outrageous! I'm no better with makeup, either. There are a few items that I'm so, so close to being finished with and I've been slowly working through for what seems like eternity. I can definitely say that I've gotten my money's worth with everything that I've purchased since it's lasted so long! Especially my Orgasm blush - I've been working on that thing for years, sheesh.

Mine would be, oasis beauty their Hepburn BB cream, gosh, its like its never ending, which is a good thing for if I want to (every now and then) wear a bit to (in a way) spoil myself to a bit of pampering. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Things that take forever to use up (aka, I have literally never used one up!):

• Eye shadow
  • Blush
  • Bronzer
  • Eye liner (I just don't use it consistently enough)
Things I'm able to use up with some regularity:

• Face moisturizer
  • Hand lotion
  • Chapstick and other non-color lip products
So pretty much I'm terrible at using up color cosmetics, and anything that keeps me non-dry, I can use up! Hah. 

Nail polish is the number one contender for me, I just don't know why I keep buying them when I don't wear them enough.

I also don't see myself using up my Maybelline 24hr tattoo pots either, it'll probably expire before I even get close to hitting the bottom. Same goes to eyeliners that are colourful. 

I would like to state that I go through my lotions like there's no tomorrow :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />, dry skin sometimes need a little extra loving throughout the day. 

I have an overload of body lotion as well and I have found this past year that I like body oils better than lotions. I gave away a couple of bottles of lotion to my sisters and the rest I am slowly using up by re-purposing the body lotion as a shave cream. Most lotions have worked well as a shave cream for me. Hair conditioner works even better than lotion as a shave cream but I already used up all my conditioners that I didn't like for my hair :) 
What great ideas you've given me!!  I never thought of using conditioner or lotion to substitute for shaving cream!

What's your secret?! I find that even lip gloss takes forever to get through. 
@ I'm sorry I missed your post! What I do, is whichever lipgloss I have chosen to use for the day, I carry it with me, and I am just in the habit of reapplying. I will usually reapply anywhere from 10-20 times a day, depending on how long I am out of the house for, so I go through them pretty quickly!

I haven't bumped this in a while, but I'm finding that my eyeshadow has only used a teeny dent even with constant use!

(wow, that was terrible grammar. sorry)

I like the idea of using lotion as a shaving cream.  I never get through lotion because I forget to use it daily.  its just another step in the bathroom I can pass on when I am in a rush.  Yet, I SHOULD use it because I can shed like lizard. 

Good tip!

Lip liner pencils and lipstick are products that last a very long time for me.  

A normal sized lip gloss takes a roughly a month to go through if I use reapply it though out the day.  

It seems as though using an angled blush brush makes me go though blush faster - does this happen with anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see how people on YouTube have a 20 minute video of empties every month..I hardly ever empty ANYTHING! I will say I go through conditioner quite quickly but as far as everything else, I pretty much never finish it. I have a L'oreal tinted lip balm that is sooooo close to being empty and I am so proud of myself for that.

Specifically I have never finished any of the following: blush, gel liner, Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero (I have about 5 open ones...why?  <_< ), eye shadow palette (never finished one completely or hit pan on all shadows in one before)

As far as nail polish goes, I work somewhere that doesn't allow me to paint my nails so usually my nail polish gets goopy and gross before it's even half way gone so then I just have to throw it away :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Eye shadow. I have only ever used completely one shade (a shimmery lilac color - when I was like 16 ) and half of another (shimmery beige highlighter). Of course I have owned tons of it. 

Foundation, I have rarely finished a bottle. That may very well change because I only have 2 now, one for year round and one for summer. 

Blush. I've never finished one. 

Lipstick, but that is because I own so many. Ditto for shampoos. I hoard lipstick and shampoo. Always want to try a new one.

Perfume lasts me years. 

Actually the only thing I really consume is mascara. Most products I abandon half used or barely used.  

Well, let's see 

Almost never

eyeshadow duo or quads

blush

One year

Lipstick/lipgloss/lipbalm

Face powder

single eyeshadow (like 1gr)

concealer

6 Months

Bbcream

mascara

perfume (50-100ml)

3 months

make up remover (big bottle, like bioderma crealine)

face cream

face toner/milk

2 months

shower gel

body lotion

body scrub

face wash

1 month

soap

shampoo

hair conditionner

face scrub

Sometimes things last less, sometimes more, but every month I have at list 10 to 15 full sized empties

My secret is to stick to one product and to use it till the end.

I think blush and bronzer would be my top 2. I don't wear them often enough. Even when I try to use them, it seems like I never even make a dent in them.

I've also never finished a nail polish. I work with my hands so it gets chipped in a maximum of two days. I don't have the time to fix or reapply that often so I often don't bother painting my nails.

Back