What's one product that takes you forever to get through?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just can't seem to get through my creamy eye shadow primer from Catrice.

I hit pan on it a long time ago, but it won't finish. And that while I'm using it every day!

Eyeshadow, bronzers, and lipsticks! I just have too many eyeshadow pans and barely use them either. I have never finished a lipstick. Same thing for blushes/bronzers.

I do go through foundation, eyeliners and mascaras often because I use them everyday. 

I've almost never used up a full bottle of perfume. I buy too many and they don't exactly last forever before the scent starts to change and they need to be tossed. When I was 19 or 20, I do remember using up and re-purchasing a bottle of Lolita Lempicka, but that would've been over 10 years ago. In recent years, the closest couple I've barely come close to using up are Britney Spears Fantasy and an old one from Abercrombie that's been discontinued.

I also don't think I've ever gone through any sort of scented lotion. I go for the more functional ones instead, so while the scented ones seem like a nice idea, I never end up reaching for them and they just get too old.

Almost everything seems to last me forever! Toner, shampoo, and conditioner are about the only things I have to replace regularly.

Body wash in particular takes forever... I've had the same bottle for a few years now, and I only use a little each time, so it goes very slowly. I also only use one or two sprays of perfume a day, and I have about 10 bottles, so those will last a long time. Just about all color cosmetics will last forever, as well... I rotate through so many that each one only gets used occasionally.

Lipsticks/Lipglosses - I don't understand how so many people use them up to the nub and I don't even have a dent in mine! Even with daily use!

Bronzers/Blush/Highlighters - You can't just cake these things on and it amazes me how people have a drawer packed full of them. If I ever hit the pan on one of these it will be a miracle. I do think I'm close to hitting the pan on my Nars blush though. So close yet so far away.

Lotions -  Since I have so many family members that are sensitive to smells and sets off headaches, I have to use these sparingly at home but even at work it's like they never end!

I see a lot of hair products on here and as a cosmetologist, it goes both ways! But the great thing about hairsprays and stuff is that they don't have a short shelf life, if one at all. But hairspray is a bit difficult to use up as are oils and whatnot. Oh I just thought about the worst hair product that never ends, putty's and pomade's and stuff in little jars. 

The thing that goes the fastest are deep conditioners. Set out an extra large thing of It's A 10 deep conditioner or mask and it'll be gone within a month.

Oh and another thing that never ends, foil packets.

Everything but lipgloss, body lotion and np remover last me forever. Even a drugstore foundation lasts nearly a year (Revlon cream-powder in a compact lasted 10 months even with touch-ups). Eyeliners take over a year each. Never even hit pan on an eyeshadow, even with regular use (although 2 are close...after years!). Been working on an old Almay lipstick trying to use it up before it goes rancid and the thing won't die. Have finished blush before, but it took over a year of daily use. However, I've finished a Revlon lipgloss in a week!

Never finished any product...except maybe those tiny little pencil eyeliners that wont sharpen anyway.

I never go through anything, LMAO! I suck! Probably the worst would be hand/body lotions. Between back home with my parents (I moved to Alberta from Ontario recently) and here I have probably dozens, inluding loads of BBW that I really enjoy the smells of. Also, I'm horrible with never using hairspray up! I only use it when I happen to straighten, which I don't do often. Honestly it gets used more for brow setting lol

I never go through anything, LMAO! I suck! Probably the worst would be hand/body lotions. Between back home with my parents (I moved to Alberta from Ontario recently) and here I have probably dozens, inluding loads of BBW that I really enjoy the smells of. Also, I'm horrible with never using hairspray up! I only use it when I happen to straighten, which I don't do often. Honestly it gets used more for brow setting lol
From Alberta to Ontariooooo Sandcastles in the sand!

coming back in -- eyeshadow. good freaking god. it takes forever.

I got thru body and hair products pretty quickly

makeup on the other hand - only mascaras, moisturizing tint, face powder goes quickly.  everything else, I never finish.  nailpolish - I only finish base & top coats and ridge fillers. 

It takes me forever to go through foundation even though I wear it almost every single day. It takes me about 10 months to get through one bottle of Revlon Colorstay.

I can't get through a bottle of lotion to save my life lol. And nail polish seems to last forever and ever

Me too. I have a million bath and body lotions. I've been making a point to use them finally.
I've found that I can go through a Bath and Body Works lotion in 1-1.5 months with near-daily use. In the past 9 months I've used up 3 body creams, 2 travel-sized body lotions, and 5 full-sized body lotions (and I should be finished with another bottle by next week). So it's doable!

I think I've read somewhere that a bottle of nail polish has around 20 applications (if you use 2 coats)... so yeah, given the number of colors I have that will take forever to use up...

I've found that I can go through a Bath and Body Works lotion in 1-1.5 months with near-daily use. In the past 9 months I've used up 3 body creams, 2 travel-sized body lotions, and 5 full-sized body lotions (and I should be finished with another bottle by next week). So it's doable!

I think I've read somewhere that a bottle of nail polish has around 20 applications (if you use 2 coats)... so yeah, given the number of colors I have that will take forever to use up...
That's an impressive amount of BBW lotion! I also am trying to get through as much lotion as possible. I think the key is using only one or two at a time and sticking to that. 

It takes forever for me to use up foundation and mascara, the two things I like to switch out the most. It sounds so wasteful, but usually I get sick of the product far before the tube is empty and end up just throwing it away. <_<

On the other hand, I use lip glosses way too quickly and I have to ration my use of the more expensive ones! I am a total gloss addict.

Back