What's one product that takes you forever to get through?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HA. Back in highschool, I'd occasionally use up an entire eyeshadow, because I would only have like, one or two quads or something at a time, and they were always cheap drugstore stuff that you'd have to really dig into to see, and I'd use the same shades every day. But now? Yeah, never even come close!

Definitely blush. I don't wear it on. Daily basis so it takes me FORREEEEVER to go through. I also get very flushed if I'm drinking so blush + boozey flush = pink cheek overkill. I've managed to hit the pan on my Mary Loumanizer sample from like a year ago but it's still not 100% used up! I work through mascaras, BB creams and tinted moisturizer, and eyeliner pretty easily. The rest, not so much.

For lotion it takes me a while to go through because I will go buy another one while I still have one open. I just threw out a large trash bag with opened lotions, shampoos, showergels because I have to stop doing that and just go through one bottle.

My UD eyeprimer potion has lasted me about 6 months now, pretty satisfied. Eyeshadows also last me a good long time because I try to not just use one color but switch it up. I also get a lot out of lip sticks because I vary between colors and nail polish... you just can never have too many hahahha.

I try really, really hard to use products until they're empty so I don't have a whole lot of things I can't seem to get rid of...but I had to comment about one.  I got this blush in an Ipsy bag back in March, I think, it was a pink color from Be a Bombshell.  I used that blush almost every single day from March-September and it STILL hasn't hit pan.  I only stopped using it for now because it has a slight gold shimmer that just doesn't go with my winter look.

I have never finished a lipstick... Yet I keep buying them. But I'm on a no-buy now. Other things I can't finish: lip liner, eyeliner, face wash, nail polish, blush Things I finish quickly: face powder, lotion, lip balm

Definitely Body lotion! I don't use it that often, yet i still continue to buy loads of it. I can honestly say I have never finished a bottle and probably won't ever finish a bottle lol. I get super lazy when it comes to applying lotion.  

As far as makeup goes, definitely Blush.  I have 50+ blushes and only have a few that i use weekly , but even those I haven't even hit pan on and probably won't for a very long time. Probably because I'm fair skinned and when I do wear blush i use very minimal product. 

I honestly take a long time to use up anything, especially lotion!! The only thing that I notice that I DO use up is my chapsticks/lip balms!

Shower gel takes me forever to go through! I shave my legs with it and wash with it and it still takes me forever to finish a bottle. It frustrates me because I want to use another scent but I refuse to until I finish one. For makeup... almost everything seems to last me except mascara and white eyeliner.

Shampoo. I have very curly hair that absolutely hates shampoo so I use very little in order to clean my hair, and concentrate more on giving my hair moisture - so while I blow through conditioner very fast, a single bottle of shampoo can last me forever!

makeup wise, I do pretty well with foundation.. but powders and face products like e/s and blush, I've never hit pan on. ever. 

Im glad I read this... it takes me forever to use body liguid soap(here I felt bad like I was dirty lol)and I shower every day.I still have a half full bottle of leave in conditioner from a year ago. Lotion is the hardest thing for me to use up. I hate lotion I have a bottle I just opened(it was my sons gfs)and I had one from Christmas never used and a BBwWopen(sons girlfriends also)she forget a lot of stuff here lol.Im trying to use lotion everyday now. Its funny about the broken makeup, I have aan eye shadow that hit pan only because I dropped it and lost some out lol. Sometimes I also use a lot of something like soaping my body two or three times to use stuff up but no it doesn't work. I lose a lot of lipsticks or lose the caps or they get melted in my car. The only thing I use up is mascara but I think its because it dries up fast. I even double apply makeup and I still cant use stuff up.

Quote: Originally Posted by katcole /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im glad I read this... it takes me forever to use body liguid soap(here I felt bad like I was dirty lol)and I shower every day.I still have a half full bottle of leave in conditioner from a year ago. Lotion is the hardest thing for me to use up. I hate lotion I have a bottle I just opened(it was my sons gfs)and I had one from Christmas never used and a BBwWopen(sons girlfriends also)she forget a lot of stuff here lol.Im trying to use lotion everyday now. Its funny about the broken makeup, I have aan eye shadow that hit pan only because I dropped it and lost some out lol. Sometimes I also use a lot of something like soaping my body two or three times to use stuff up but no it doesn't work.

I lose a lot of lipsticks or lose the caps or they get melted in my car. The only thing I use up is mascara but I think its because it dries up fast. I even double apply makeup and I still cant use stuff up.
body liquid soap takes FOREVER! even more so than the creamy body washes because a tiny bit is more than enough. I shower once or even twice a day (grew up taking 3 a day lol hispanic thing, but have scaled it back now because i'm not at home early afternoons for the third one!) and it takes a lifetime.... Same here with my leave-in conditioner... I don't need a lot of it because my hair's not incredibly long. 

For me, the only thing that doesn't take forever is mascara, concealer, liquid eye liner, and sometimes foundation. Blushes, bronzers, highlighters, eye shadow, eye pencils, brighter lipsticks... these take at least a year. Perfumes (nice ones) last me years because I only use a couple of sprays per day. Also I've never finished a nail polish, although I don't paint my nails every day and don't own many.

I find it easy to finish pretty much any cream product like bb cream, concealer, mascara. But powder products take Forever! I use one little brow powder for 2 years now, I've hit pan but that is about it, I am pretty sure it will take me at least a year before it's ready to go. Eyeshadows also seem to last and last. I have finished up some face powders and few blushes. But that was mostly because the blushes contained very little product or were extremely soft and a lot of excess powder going everywhere.

Makeup in general lasts a long time. I don't see why I feel the need to buy backups for everything.

Same here - I hoarde conditioner - and skimp on shampoo.

My bathroom - I have at least 3-4 bottles of conditioner which goes super quick, and the small bottle of Miss Jessies Super Sudsy shampoo I just finished ... bought that a year ago.

What goes the quickest:

• Conditioner
  • Gel
  • Foundation
  • Concealer

What takes forever to finish up:

• Shampoo
  • Eyeshadow
  • Blush
  • Floss  *I dread it - Im getting better but with braces this is a major pain in the butt!

Quote: Originally Posted by kprentice /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Definitely eye shadow! There's so much in those little pans!
I always find this funny because people are somehow always so obsessed with "getting more product for their buck" but -- ...those damn little things have so much product it ultimately does not matter. One could spend years trying to get through a single pan. 

Quote: Originally Posted by jaylilee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I always find this funny because people are somehow always so obsessed with "getting more product for their buck" but -- ...those damn little things have so much product it ultimately does not matter. One could spend years trying to get through a single pan. 

So true, but the feeling when i finish something, tops value for money!

Definitely the B&BW lotions & full size body sprays.  I only buy the mini sizes now, but I still have so many full sizes left.

I wish I had the problem some of you have with shower gels.  I feel like I run out of the B&BW  shower gels so fast.  Me and my daughter share them so they go doubly fast.

Back