What's your favorite mineral makeup brand?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LadyBugg,

I love the way the Bare Minerals made my skin look, HOWEVER, shortly after it was applied at Ulta, my skin started burning something awful. In fact I couldn't hardly wait to take it off.

So, I was pleased when I ordered EDM and it didn't do that to me. I must be allergic to something in the BE???

JoAnn in TEXAS

You could probably be allergic to something in the BM. I've seen where a lot of people have worn BM and had that same affect. I've never tried their foundations because of that, but I love their blushes, e/s, as well as the mineral veil.

I am wondering if the irritation ingredient is in the foundation, or the mineral veil or which one?????

Im liking meow flawless feline because I've found a match and the coverage is good. But I also want to try lumiere flawless and barefaced minerals because of their coverage. Are there other foundations with heavy coverage?

Hello Goddess,

Everyday Minerals now has an Intenvise mineral foundation that covers very well. Have you tried it?

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/ext...ayminerals.com

In fact here is a quote from EDM site about the Intensive Foundation. Hope this helps you.

Quote:
Intensive Foundation formula, for all skin types, provides an extra boost of lasting intensive coverage with a silky near-matte finish. This rejuvenating formula controls oil where needed, without drying your skin. Tired of that heavy over-the-counter foundation and outrageously overpriced brands that are overloaded with glitz and glam but provide little substance and zero performance? Well thanks to Everyday Minerals, you need never go back! Our salon-grade, full coverage, Flawless Foundation allows you to have that even, flawless, complexion you want at a fraction of the cost.

$12.00 for large 8g size. $6.00 for mini 2.5g size.

Maybe someone else can comment on the Intensive by EDM?JoAnn in TEXAS

Goddess, I have found the following MMU companies to have heavy coverage: Monave Concealer Formula, Mineral Boutique Cover-It, Melange and EDM Intensive. Some others that I haven't tried are Cory Cosmetics and Buff'd. HTH!

GREAT Information for those of us who need the extra coverage.
rockwoot.gif

I have only heard of the Everyday Minerals. Are the others more expensive than Everyday Minerals?

Thanks,

JoAnn in TEXAS

The only ones I have tried are BE and the Loreal. I hated the loreal, I am very fair and it made my face look chalky. I love the BE though. I really need to venture out and try more Mineral foundation. I like to use the mineral foundation and the mineral viel but I have not really tried any of the mineral blushes, etc.

Originally Posted by JoAnnAtkinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hello Goddess,Everyday Minerals now has an Intenvise mineral foundation that covers very well. Have you tried it?

https://forum.makeuptalk.com/ext...ayminerals.com

In fact here is a quote from EDM site about the Intensive Foundation. Hope this helps you.

Maybe someone else can comment on the Intensive by EDM?

JoAnn in TEXAS

I've tried the matte formula and the coverage is light. Also it doesnt have lasting power. I wouldnt want to try intensive.

Originally Posted by JoAnnAtkinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif GREAT Information for those of us who need the extra coverage.
rockwoot.gif

I have only heard of the Everyday Minerals. Are the others more expensive than Everyday Minerals?

Thanks,

JoAnn in TEXAS

Monave is very expensive which is why I've never even considered buying from them. But Im having a hard time choosing colours as some are so limited. Mineral boutique is quite expensive too.

Edm

JoAnn, I'm not able to post private messages (too few posts), but here are some comments on EDM foundations.

First of all, I haven't tried other brands. Oh, sorry, did try Minerals will work 4U once, and it was somewhat similar to EDM. From what I've heard, I figured the other brands can't be that different. I'm tempted to try MEOW, though. I have several full sized kits, and they do come with a sifter, if that's what you were asking? I rather like their jars - not to mention the prices! Original Glow is my favourite now. I started with Intensive, which was a bit heavy for me, but great coverage - which I don't really need, that's why I prefer OG. That said, I think it has good coverage as well. I've recently got into making my own foundation, or at least adjusting the ones I already have. Haven't actually made anything yet, just some studying and shopping. There's a great Sticky thread about that. The main reason for wanting to make my own is that I was fool enough to buy several foundations in wrong colours and formulas, and want to adjust these to my needs.

Thanks for your very informative response.
rockwoot.gif
I too am having trouble find the RIGHT color with the samples from EDM. The Light medium is a little too light and the Light Tan a little too dark. So, I might mix the two.

Sounds interesting about making your own? Do you buy the minerals from somewhere? I will check the sticky out you mentioned.

I will order me one kit and see how I like it from EDM.

I did try out the Milani today and one good thing about it is even though there are only 8 colors about 3 of them match my skin. Having said that......it didn't stay on as well as the EDM did. So, that is a negative for me.

Thanks for your help,

JoAnn in TEXAS
rockwoot.gif

I've just purchased the Pur Minerals Starter Kit Pack.

The kit contains the 4 in 1 pressed Mineral Powder (light), Marble Powder (pink), and the Mineral Glow. The kit comes complete with the chisel brush for application.

I've never used a mineral powder before so Im not sure what to expect.

I have a dry skin, so Im not sure how im going to find it.

Has anyone else tried this brand of mineral powder, and if so, what are your thoughts on it?

Thanks
g.gif

i havent tried much so i m gonna keep trying be4 i say which one is my favourite ! but does heavy coverage make u look cakey ?

Originally Posted by JoAnnAtkinson /img/forum/go_quote.gif I too am having trouble find the RIGHT color with the samples from EDM. The Light medium is a little too light and the Light Tan a little too dark. So, I might mix the two.
Sounds interesting about making your own? Do you buy the minerals from somewhere? I will check the sticky out you mentioned.

This is sort of OT, but... Mixing the two might be a good idea, that way you'll be able to match any seasonal changes in your complexion too. On the other hand, having to mix makes you think, hey, why not make your own? I got mine from TKB Trading, LLC: Pigment, dye, mica and colorants for natural cosmetics and soap . Check out that sticky, it's most informative!

I've only started using mmu recently, but I love Lumiere. Great coverage, great price. I'm trying Meow Cosmetics too, but yet to find my HolyGrail.
smile.gif

JoAnn, you could be sensitive to Bismuth Oxychloride.

Monave's Ashlie is the only true match I have found for my superpale skin, so definately a favorite.

Back