White Nail polish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really love this look! I've always been a fan of the sheer light pinks like OPI's Bubble Bath that could almost pass for white. looks really clean and fresh!

a creamy white (like opi - bubble bath) looks great, it suits all skin tones and if you put enough coats on its almost like an off-white.

celebs like to use neutral colours like a creamy beige or soft white cos it goes with everything - i love it! esp on tanned people, its a great contrast.

Redbook just had an article about white nail polish and how to pull it off:

The edgy way to wear this mod trend is with super bright, shiny opaque white such as Sally Hansen's All the White Stuff. It looks likes patent leather. For a softer more wearable approach, try a sheer white with a hint of shimmer, like Creative Nail Design's Cold Shoulder.

to get a flawless application, start with a base coat, followed by a topcoat, and then your polish (you heard that right: white polish is very vulnerable to streaking, so make the white coat your last)

in the magazine, they actually layered the two together, and it looks AMAZING!!! not white-out looking at all, but like a shiny white patent leather purse...

it looks great on the model's tanned skin, mixed with bright summer colors..

Lets see if i can find Creative Nail Design. lol I dont want to order it but ill look for it.

pure white is a little bit harsh but very light colors like pearl or cream or really light colors do usually look nice. or if it's a sheer glimmery color.

well i gave in and bought Sally Hansens White Now. Its white but its also a shimmer. Im not used to wearing white but i really like it so far. I just ordered Orly's cut the cake, so ill see how that one goes.

I used to love wearing white polish in the 80's. It was so fun, no one else in my area was doing it!! It was hard to keep it clean tho.

It's only nail polish...last week I had on a sparkly blu and today it's a pale pink!

Have fun guys...White nails, black, whateva ur mood!

I'm trying some white this summer. My BF suggested it b/c it shows off my tan. I like Revlon White-on-White. I tried to attach a picture, but I got an error. :frown: Itsmarylicious, did you post pix?

I bought some of the Salley Hansen shimmer white diamond polish. By the 2nd day it turns an ugly dirty yellowly color!!!:10:

Does anyone know a brand of shimmery white that does not turn YELLOW????? :tocktock:

Thanks!

JoAnn in TEXAS

That was the issue that I had with the white. It streaked and it looked awful. I usually just do a nice clean clear. Unless I get my nails done then I have them do a french mani and pedi.

I don't like wearing nail polish, if it chips or flakes or whatever, I hate maintaining it because it usually diminishes after a few days and looks gross. I rather not.... clear or baby pink is the best though.

I love doing my own mani and pedi. I did that look once and I really like it, the only white I have right now is like white white but I might try the patent leather look. It must be shiny shiny and will post pics!

Back