White Nail polish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree.  I always do dots or stripes over white and white is also good for using as a base coat under a sheer polish to make it pop without having to paint on 100000 coats.  Like this:

The yellow is such a sheer colour, it's got a white base.  I tried it on it's own once and it took 5 coats to get it opaque.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I never wear mine plain. It is always with a design or glitter on it. Plain white with nothing on it makes me look like I have lobster claws.

I use the white by Sinful Colors for base to my bright neons, I go through it quite quickly so I do enjoy the cheap price. I can't just wear white on its own however. I am jealous of girls who can and manage to make it pretty.

I love white nails in the summer when i'm tan, it's such a nice contrast! Either white or really light pink, they both look nice.

The only white I have is Paper Mache by Finger Paints. The lady at Sally Beauty Supply said it's the only one they sold that's opaque in one coat, so I bought it. She was right. I don't know if it dries shiny by itself. I always use a quick dry topcoat. I love it with Finger Paints chunky copper glitter Fall of Surprises over it.

My daughter-in-law did the design for me.  I'd never have been able to do this myself.  It didn't come out nearly as well as the pic I tried to copy it from but I was happy with it.

Here's the original I copied from:

Originally Posted by marrymemakeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow... thats pretty ... I tired this with  white and black nail colors. I turned out good but not so pretty as yours :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

White accent nails are really cute to do a colorful design on. I use the Sally Hansen nail pens to do polka dots or stripes on white nails

I use the white mostly as a base to make my neons pop but I think it looks really good with some neon glitter on top.

This pic is from after a weeks wear and you can tell where its starting to lift at the nail bed but this gives you an idea of that I mean.

This star polish is also a glow in the dark and it glowed so much brighter over a white than it did over any other color.

bahahaha I painted most of my nails white yesterday and then thought of this thread after I did it. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Illy Ema /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I don't really like how my nails look like with white polish, but maybe I just haven't tried the right one.

Does anyone have recommendation for good milky white/ish one? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yes!  Deborah Lippmann Like a Virgin is so pretty and applies like a dream!  I tried Essie Marshmallow before this and love the color, but it's soooo hard to apply.

Back