White Nail polish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
white is good as a base when i want a clearer color. but alone, it makes me look ghostly. i also never found a white nail polish that would entirely cover my nails.

i'd go for beige instead.

i like that pearly or a shimmery white too

cus a flat out white always reminds me of wite-out haha

i would go for a pearly or shimmery white, esp when your nails are short as it using light colours makes them look longer. but yeh i think it is a good look, might try it when i get home. thanks.xx

Ooooo, I've worn white polish for ever!! I didn't know everyone finally caught up with my style, lol!!!!

My fave is Orly Platinum, shimmery but not glittery.

I do have few flat whites and a milky kinda watery white, but the Orly is the TRUTH!!

It's the top right in the picture- guess it doesn't show up too well in the pic, but it's elegant on the nails.

stash.jpg

i love white polish. i do it =] one tip / trick. you have to put a clear base coat, then a clear top coat, then a coat of white polish. then it won't be streaky.

Very pretty! I once used a little self tanner and colored my toe nails in white. I was getting compliments galore! I love the white polish....i think its very pretty.

I think white can look ok but only if it is pearly or glittery, otherwise it looks cheap and nasty like whiteout.

It might just be me but I think white nail polish looks good on tanned to darker skin tones because the color really pops. I also think that people with lighter skin tones look good with darker tones like black just because the contrast but that might just be me.

I'm in desperate need of a good, non-gloopy white polish.  I'm presently using NYX Girls white (got it from my daughter's stash) and it takes a good 3 coats to get it opaque. I'm doing this design for my daughter-in-law's baby shower in pink and white.  (It's a girl!)  

I keep seeing lots of designs with white as a base and since I do my own nails, I really need a good white.  I did read the recommendations someone else posted but I want a white that someone has used and likes, not what a magazine tells me.  Any suggestions?   Oh and I want a flat white, not sparkles or shimmer.

Thanks  for the suggestion.  I do have a shimmery white that I really like, I think it's an ICE polish and I've used it for a "yellow polka dot bikini" look but had to do the white dots with a different white so they would actually show up.  There's a pic on my blog.  It came out cute.

For the above design, I need an opaque, shiny white creme and the NYX Girls is like that but it took 3 coats to get it there.

Originally Posted by Dalylah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use OPI Alpine Snow. If you are looking for a more sheer white I recommend Essie Marshmallow.

Go with OPI Alpine Snow then. It's a 2 coater and you can get it in regular or matte. I do recommend the regular version because it is easier to work with.  It's bright white.

Source

This is how my nails came out with the NYX Girls white.  I think it's cute.

i Like it, i have tried many times to do this, but i have yet to find a white nail polish that applies nicely. Any suggestions from anyone?

I'm still looking for a white polish that goes on like polish and not white out, paste or chalk.  I mostly use white for nail art but sometimes my nail art works with one or more white painted nails.

I've tried Essie, OPI, Sally Hansen, China Glaze and a few cheap ones.  I just don't think there is any decent, paintable white out there.

Originally Posted by Nailificent /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i Like it, i have tried many times to do this, but i have yet to find a white nail polish that applies nicely. Any suggestions from anyone?

Originally Posted by itzmarylicious /img/forum/go_quote.gif
CIMG2008.jpg

I think it looks ok.'m not sure if this is something i'll do alot. i think it takes some getting use to. i dont know; what do you guys think??
It looks good on you... I basically use white nail polish on the tip of my nails :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't really like how my nails look like with white polish, but maybe I just haven't tried the right one.

Does anyone have recommendation for good milky white/ish one? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Illy Ema /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't really like how my nails look like with white polish, but maybe I just haven't tried the right one.

Does anyone have recommendation for good milky white/ish one? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I never wear mine plain. It is always with a design or glitter on it. Plain white with nothing on it makes me look like I have lobster claws.

Back