White Nail polish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
White blends in with my own skin tone too much, but on tanned/darker skin I think it looks pretty.

Here's a picture I found in a fashion magazine. With the tanned hands I think it looks good. This is the way I wear it... sometimes with a clear top coat if necessary to give it a porcelain look. (I don't like it ever looking flat b/c then it DOES look like the attack of the White-Out!)

Emily,

The white I have is the Sally Hansen and it is what turns dirty yellow in about 3 days. I have the one with the diamond on it. It looks awful after about 3 days.

I am trying to find one that stays white???? :tocktock:

Thanks,

JoAnn in TEXAS:cowboy:

Emily, I guess you are right about that. It goes on a pretty white with shimmer, then it turns a ugly yellow beigy color. :tocktock: Maybe if I put a clear coat on the final coat, that might help?

Revlon's got two whites that have worked for me. One is White-on-white and the other is Blizzard... though I haven't been able to find Blizzard this summer...

oh yeah i always put on a top coat so maybe thats why it doesnt turn on me. Right now im using one by Poshe.

I did my toes my a really white white polish just for fun. It does look like the attack of the White-Out (It took me so long to realize what you were talking about, here we say Liquid Paper all the time, no matter what brand it is haha) but I'm weird and I kinda like it. Maybe I could do a little design on it.. hmm

haha yeah we say white out but some brand is also called Liquid paper. I think it takes getting used to but its nice.

I haven't tried all-white nails, but it works very well as a base color for fancy nail designs. For example, here's a "Snowing day and night" theme I've done last year, one hand used white base and the other used black as base color.

i've seen the 'white-out' look on another girl and it looked great! personally don't really like pearly/iridescent kinds, but then again as some other gals have said, the white-out look isn't that easy to pull off either

wow CharmeC did you do those nails yourself? they look fabulous!

haha in my part of the world we call whiteout 'liquid paper' too actually :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I painted my toenails white. Been wearing it for a month now. It looked odd for a while but I grew to like it. I'ts clean and bright.

Mmm I feel it has to be a bit pearly or have more to it than just plain white. Otherwise it looks like you painted your nails in white-out or liquid-paper or whatever!

I personally only use white for tips. I think it really depends on the person and the type of look that you want.

After reading this thread over the weekend, I took the dive. I got NYC Nail Glossies Nail Enamel in Powder Puff. It's more of a VERY sheer white, but if I use two coats over two coats of OPI Ridge Filler, it's nice!

I love it! These new lines of "pro" polish make it soooo much easier! No more worries about visible brush strokes and uneven coverage.

I think white on the whole nail might look a little wierd, but an off-white or something more towards the beige side would look great.

Back