Who subs to Ophelia's Apothecary?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I subbed to Ophelia's this month to see how it was, since it seems like there were lots of impressive boxes and I was interested in getting something that wasn't makeup.  That said, I'm a little torn in regards to re-subbing.  I got the box today and I liked the smell of the Christmas tree soap, but it's like sticky in my hands.  I can't handle it dry without getting soap on my hands, but that may just be a feature of the soap, which is fine.  The massage oil doesn't have much of a smell at all.  The sugar scoop scrub looks weird.  I'm not saying it's a bad product, but it feels like a rock.  Maybe that will change as it warms up in my house or maybe it won't until it's in the shower under some hot water.  I will reserve judgment on this.  The eye gels aren't something I'd use, but I can see value in them.  The pin is really weird though.  It's really nothing I'd wear, but I guess I can throw it on my trade list and see if anyone is interested in it.

I think I'll have to give it another month to see if I want to subscribe long-term.  I really like the bracelet you all got last month, but this pin is just bizarre to me.  I do, however, really like the soap and I can see where the eye gels and sugar scrub could be useful.  What does everyone else think about this box?

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I subbed to Ophelia's this month to see how it was, since it seems like there were lots of impressive boxes and I was interested in getting something that wasn't makeup.  That said, I'm a little torn in regards to re-subbing.  I got the box today and I liked the smell of the Christmas tree soap, but it's like sticky in my hands.  I can't handle it dry without getting soap on my hands, but that may just be a feature of the soap, which is fine.  The massage oil doesn't have much of a smell at all.  The sugar scoop scrub looks weird.  I'm not saying it's a bad product, but it feels like a rock.  Maybe that will change as it warms up in my house or maybe it won't until it's in the shower under some hot water.  I will reserve judgment on this.  The eye gels aren't something I'd use, but I can see value in them.  The pin is really weird though.  It's really nothing I'd wear, but I guess I can throw it on my trade list and see if anyone is interested in it.

I think I'll have to give it another month to see if I want to subscribe long-term.  I really like the bracelet you all got last month, but this pin is just bizarre to me.  I do, however, really like the soap and I can see where the eye gels and sugar scrub could be useful.  What does everyone else think about this box?
I haven't gotten my box yet, but I did get a sugar scrub awhile back and they are actually really nice when you use them. They aren't too rough, but they do a good job at scrubing. :)

Quote: Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I haven't gotten my box yet, but I did get a sugar scrub awhile back and they are actually really nice when you use them. They aren't too rough, but they do a good job at scrubing. :)

I am going to give it a whirl.  I am going to give it another month at least.  I'm just starting to think that maybe the monthly box might be something for me to scrap in exchange for a full-sized product order every few months.  She has a lot of 6 for $40 flash sales, which I think might be the better deal, overall.  I don't think there's anything wrong with her box, per say, I just wasn't as excited about the products in it and think that maybe these are the type of products that, for me, don't lend themselves well to being a mystery.

Also, sorry if I ruined your box.  She had apologized that she didn't send mine until the last batch that she sent out, so I kind of wrongfully assumed that everyone had received theirs already.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  She hasn't sent out my box yet.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have been waiting and this month is really going out late.

I am sorry, I wasn't trying to spoil it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I won't post a picture or anything so that you can be at least a little surprised :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I am so sorry.

I am sorry, I wasn't trying to spoil it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I won't post a picture or anything so that you can be at least a little surprised :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I am so sorry.
oh no, don't worry about it. I don't mind spoilers.  I am just sad that mine hasn't even shipped out yet - and I bought some items from her back on the 16th that I still haven't gotten.   She does ship out slowly - at least my stuff, it seems to be that way.

I am going to give it a whirl.  I am going to give it another month at least.  I'm just starting to think that maybe the monthly box might be something for me to scrap in exchange for a full-sized product order every few months.  She has a lot of 6 for $40 flash sales, which I think might be the better deal, overall.  I don't think there's anything wrong with her box, per say, I just wasn't as excited about the products in it and think that maybe these are the type of products that, for me, don't lend themselves well to being a mystery.

Also, sorry if I ruined your box.  She had apologized that she didn't send mine until the last batch that she sent out, so I kind of wrongfully assumed that everyone had received theirs already.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Lol don't worry about it, I look at spoilers anyway! :) I was actually excited to see that someone had gotten their box this month, since it's so late, I've been a bit worried.

Lol don't worry about it, I look at spoilers anyway! :) I was actually excited to see that someone had gotten their box this month, since it's so late, I've been a bit worried.

Oh good, I felt bad.

I'm really on the fence about this box.  It came with a felt flower pin.  It's cute, I suppose, and I found them on Etsy for $12, but I honestly can't see where I'd use it.  I put it on my swap board on pinterest, but I don't think anyone's going to snag that either.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am trying to figure out if the rest of the stuff is worth what I spent on the box or if I should maybe just stick to full sized orders.  Like I said though, I'll give it another month.

Oh good, I felt bad.

I'm really on the fence about this box.  It came with a felt flower pin.  It's cute, I suppose, and I found them on Etsy for $12, but I honestly can't see where I'd use it.  I put it on my swap board on pinterest, but I don't think anyone's going to snag that either.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am trying to figure out if the rest of the stuff is worth what I spent on the box or if I should maybe just stick to full sized orders.  Like I said though, I'll give it another month.
Do you have any younger nieces that might like to pin this on their coat?  Depending on how it looks, it might look cute on a winter coat or hat. 

If you gift it to someone, you should use this in place of a bow - it will be reusable!

Can you share the etsy link so I can check it out?  thanks

edited to add

oh - I took a look at your pinerest board.  Okay, I am not going to mince words here - that is pretty ugly, imho.   That doesn't even look like a flower to me, but more like a demented fish or pacman - lol

that will be something that I won't use.. And the sad thing is, there are some beautiful felt flower pins on etsy.  I saw one - granted it is 35.00 - that was stunning...

Do you have any younger nieces that might like to pin this on their coat?  Depending on how it looks, it might look cute on a winter coat or hat. 

If you gift it to someone, you should use this in place of a bow - it will be reusable!

Can you share the etsy link so I can check it out?  thanks

edited to add

oh - I took a look at your pinerest board.  Okay, I am not going to mince words here - that is pretty ugly, imho.   That doesn't even look like a flower to me, but more like a demented fish or pacman - lol

that will be something that I won't use.. And the sad thing is, there are some beautiful felt flower pins on etsy.  I saw one - granted it is 35.00 - that was stunning...

Yeah, I think it's pretty ugly too.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

yeah.  When you stated a flower felt brooch, I was thinking along these lines (this is $15.00 on etsy - I may have to get this now - lol)

yeah.  When you stated a flower felt brooch, I was thinking along these lines (this is $15.00 on etsy - I may have to get this now - lol)

Yeah, that's really pretty.  I am really not feeling this box, with the exception of the oil and the soap and, possibly, the scrub (I'll have to test it).

I looked at your pinterest board too, and I actually really like the pin! It's kinda like a shabby chic look in my opinion. Not sure that I'll actually use it, but at least I don't think it's awful :)

I looked at your pinterest board too, and I actually really like the pin! It's kinda like a shabby chic look in my opinion. Not sure that I'll actually use it, but at least I don't think it's awful :)

I think I might dislike it more because you can actually see the hot glue on the back of it.  It just looks like something I could whip together.  I personally think it's kind of ugly.  That said, I think a lot of the shabby chic stuff is kind of ugly too, so it's probably more of a personal taste thing than anything else :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think I might dislike it more because you can actually see the hot glue on the back of it.  It just looks like something I could whip together.  I personally think it's kind of ugly.  That said, I think a lot of the shabby chic stuff is kind of ugly too, so it's probably more of a personal taste thing than anything else :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
yeah...It is designed to be "primitive" style, and that is not everyone's taste.   The best thing I can say about it is that is a "green" item, made from recycled products, but yeah, I am not sure what the heck I am going to do with it.  If someone here loves primitive styles and this design - if I get this (and I will post here if I do) - you can have it free!!  I would love to give it to a good home.

otherwise, it might become a cat toy (without the pin and button...)

yeah...It is designed to be "primitive" style, and that is not everyone's taste.   The best thing I can say about it is that is a "green" item, made from recycled products, but yeah, I am not sure what the heck I am going to do with it.  If someone here loves primitive styles and this design - if I get this (and I will post here if I do) - you can have it free!!  I would love to give it to a good home.

otherwise, it might become a cat toy (without the pin and button...)

I'll probably end up throwing it in as an extra with my next trade haha.  I tend to give little extras.  This might become one of them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

well, I got mine today.....the soap is cute, but it contains....JASMINE...which I am allergic to.   I got the sugar scrub ball, so I look forward to using that.  I didn't get a massage oil, and my card in the bag didn't mention it - that might be because that was for first time customers?  Eye gels and the flower pin, which was all in neutrals, so it looks a bit better

Does anyone who sub still not have their box yet? I messaged her last Monday I think it was and she said that she'd have everything out by Wednesday at the latest, and I still don't even have a tracking number! I know with the holidays things get hectic, but I'm still a bit peeved that I was already billed for this month before I even got my last box.

Does anyone who sub still not have their box yet? I messaged her last Monday I think it was and she said that she'd have everything out by Wednesday at the latest, and I still don't even have a tracking number! I know with the holidays things get hectic, but I'm still a bit peeved that I was already billed for this month before I even got my last box.
message her again.  I know she sent mine out last wednesday and I got it this past saturday.

I've decided not to renew my sub until I see a few worthwhile (to me) boxes in a row and, instead, buy some of her full sized products.  I think the scrub is worthwhile, for sure, but I don't think I really got anything I could really be thrilled about now that I know the massage oil was a first time subscriber gift and not part of the regular box.

The soap smells heavenly, but I hate the way it really rubs off when you handle it and makes my hands sticky.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back