Who subs to Ophelia's Apothecary?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope no card... I messaged her and she said my two items were worth $30 ..... I don't know..... not feeing it.

Quote: Originally Posted by NaydeneM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Nope no card... I messaged her and she said my two items were worth $30 ..... I don't know..... not feeing it.

that is so weird....Cause she is doing $15.00 grab bags right now, so I wonder if she ran out of samples at the time she was preparing your bag and just gave you full sized ones?

so strange...She should have given you a december card and all. 

She is upset that I complained so she cancelled my subscription.... really???? That just goes to show the level of professionalism that is lacking. You just never know what you are going to get with an indie company....

@NaydeneM - I pm'd you....

BTW - for all those interested - I did get this flower pin off etsy  - came from Budapest.  Just lovely!!

Their store is Crafts2Love Studio and they have some really nice things!

Quote:

Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  yeah.  When you stated a flower felt brooch, I was thinking along these lines (this is $15.00 on etsy - I may have to get this now - lol)

She is upset that I complained so she cancelled my subscription.... really???? That just goes to show the level of professionalism that is lacking. You just never know what you are going to get with an indie company....

I am so not regretting not renewing this subscription.  That is beyond anything I even have words for.

I'd complain too if I only got two items, since she said you'd get 4 to 6 items. But honestly, I'm so over her. I placed an order weeks ago, and it still hasn't shipped and she won't respond to my FB messages or emails. I'm also probably not going to get my December box till January, but it's ok. I'll just sign up for a different indie sub!

Quote: Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'd complain too if I only got two items, since she said you'd get 4 to 6 items. But honestly, I'm so over her. I placed an order weeks ago, and it still hasn't shipped and she won't respond to my FB messages or emails. I'm also probably not going to get my December box till January, but it's ok. I'll just sign up for a different indie sub!

If you want makeup, i have several I could suggest :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  As for more soap/skin care stuff, if you know of any, please let me know!  I love supporting indies, but this Ophelia's thing has gotten old...and quickly.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Sad because it seems like her products are pretty nice.

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you want makeup, i have several I could suggest :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  As for more soap/skin care stuff, if you know of any, please let me know!  I love supporting indies, but this Ophelia's thing has gotten old...and quickly.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Sad because it seems like her products are pretty nice.
I would be interested in Make-up as well as skin care items!

I love brazen friends with benefits sub for makeup.  If you love loose mineral eyeshadow and lip products, they have 3 different sub packages...I went for the silver plan as I am more about eyeshadows.  I've blogged about their sub if you want to see what it is like - it is a fairly new sub

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I love brazen friends with benefits sub for makeup.  If you love loose mineral eyeshadow and lip products, they have 3 different sub packages...I went for the silver plan as I am more about eyeshadows.  I've blogged about their sub if you want to see what it is like - it is a fairly new sub

I should give this one a go!  I've been doing Innocent + Twisted Alchemy's sub, as well as Madd Cat Monthly.  Victorian Disco just released a sub too!  I will check out Brazen's though.  I have so much loose shadow, but it's an obsession.  Of course, I'm also starting to really get into pressed shadow palettes again as well.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I should give this one a go!  I've been doing Innocent + Twisted Alchemy's sub, as well as Madd Cat Monthly.  Victorian Disco just released a sub too!  I will check out Brazen's though.  I have so much loose shadow, but it's an obsession.  Of course, I'm also starting to really get into pressed shadow palettes again as well.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
This is awesome, thanks for sharing! I love Victorian Disco's shadows! :)

I signed up for a sub to this on the day after Christmas.  The website said she would send me a questionaire about my skin needs, but I haven't received anything yet from her-just my Paypal receipt.  I know it's a busy time for people with the holidays, so I haven't emailed her to check on it yet,but I also don't want to be "forgotten", you know? So, those of you who subscribed, how long did it take for her to send your questionaire?

I'll admit, I'm a little nervous about this subscription, based on some of the comments here, but I figure I'll give it a try for a month, and see how it goes.

do not EMAIL her.    Message her privately in facebook and she will get it to you.  I never got one until I messaged her.

I resub'd for another 3 months, as I am willing to give her another chance - but my experience was better than others here.

Quote: Originally Posted by biancardi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  do not EMAIL her.    Message her privately in facebook and she will get it to you.  I never got one until I messaged her.

I resub'd for another 3 months, as I am willing to give her another chance - but my experience was better than others here.
Thanks!

This is awesome, thanks for sharing! I love Victorian Disco's shadows! :)

Aren't they fantastic?  Her shadows are unbelievable!

If you're a fan of indie shadows (and I assume you are), Oslo is having a 25% off sale (as of last week, VD was having a 20% off sale).  I placed an Oslo order earlier this week and wound up getting 20 different shadows for $36.25 (including shipping), which is pretty fantastic.   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

EDIT:  Victorian Disco:  "Today is the last day to get 20% off your order using HAPPYHOLIDAYS!"

I finally got my December box the other day, and it was different then the one posted earlier. 

I got 2 eyeshadow samples, a perfume roll on, a sugar scrub, a lip balm pot, a small container of the lemon hand and cuticle lotion stuff, a container of body butter, and a sample of soap. I was happy with it, and I decided to give her another month.

Has anyone had their box shipped yet? I'm sorta hoping to get the January box before February. This is my deciding month, because I also signed up for Victorian DIsco's sub (which shipped like really quickly) and I'm going to decide between the two.

Has anyone had their box shipped yet? I'm sorta hoping to get the January box before February. This is my deciding month, because I also signed up for Victorian DIsco's sub (which shipped like really quickly) and I'm going to decide between the two.
no, no shipping notice yet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just got the January 'box' and was quite disappointed. I'm glad this was my last month (of 3 month sub).  The good news is that it arrived before Feb.  The bad news is that it was a huge disappointment.

This is what came:
- 11 baggies of loose eyeshadow and most of them are in colors I (nor others) could ever wear. Having the eyeshadow in baggies makes it very hard to use for the 1-2 colors I could wear.

- a teeny sample of lemon hand cream

- a container of what i think is bath salts like what we got in December

Her note said it was a 'little bit of this and a little bit of that'.  She stated "Packages will resume with larger samples next month".  I am flabbergasted about that last statement as it pretty much tells me those that subbed for January get leftovers of overstock items.

Very disappointing as the sub (I started in July) started out so promising for me and just went downhill.   I really wanted to support small business owners but I guess I will have to look for others to support.  I should have taken it as a sign that there was trouble when I looked at the Facebook page for the company.  The Comments from Others section has been removed and i noticed that if anyone posts a question about when they will receive their sub 'box', the comment gets deleted shortly after (I caught that a few times over the past few months)...

Mine is in my mailbox now and I will see it when I get home. 11 baggies of loose eyeshadows is pretty excessive, especially since not a large portion of eyeshadow-wearers use loose shadow. I hope at least there is something unique about them and they're not repackaged basic colors from a supplier. I think I read on her facebook that she is discontinuing her makeup products, which means that even if we liked it we would't be able to order more.  I don't think sub boxes should be used as a "product dump" but that's what it seems is happening this month :/

Hand cream and bath salts are right up my alley, but if almost all the value of this box is in loose eyeshadows it's a total miss for me.

Back