Worst Ipsy products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me:

Everything POP Beauty. The really terrible NYX lipstick they sent me that was literally light beige, not even nude. The J Cat glitter palette.
YES! the NYX lipstick they sent me was literally WHITE!  Also, other than for Halloween what in the heck were we supposed to do with that silly glitter palette?

On the other hand, I LOVED the Yaby concealer mini pan and the Glam Rx palette. In fact, I still carry around the Glam Rx palette daily.
I filled it with bobby pins (they stick!) and keep it in my purse. It's been a lifesaver more than once.

It's nice to have them in that little palette - bobby pins like to get lost.

I've only gotten 2 Ipsy bags so far, so I don't have a lot to complain about lol but for March my worst product had to be the Chella eyeliner... it was dried out after one use (and that one use was on the back of my hand as a swatch!!). Ipsy sent me another one which was equally dried out. I wanted to love it... but yeah...

For April, it has to be the UD eyeliner... I expected way more out of it and it's just kind of meh. 

YES! the NYX lipstick they sent me was literally WHITE!  Also, other than for Halloween what in the heck were we supposed to do with that silly glitter palette?
Was your shade called Cream, too? Because that's the one I got and I was just bewildered..and I am someone who will try most any color!

I filled it with bobby pins (they stick!) and keep it in my purse. It's been a lifesaver more than once.

It's nice to have them in that little palette - bobby pins like to get lost.
I hadn't thought of using it for bobby pins, thank you! I just have my chella concealer in it (one I traded for...since the one they sent me was pecan brown and I am very pale) and it's almost gone...will have to do that!

Was your shade called Cream, too? Because that's the one I got and I was just bewildered..and I am someone who will try most any color!

I hadn't thought of using it for bobby pins, thank you! I just have my chella concealer in it (one I traded for...since the one they sent me was pecan brown and I am very pale) and it's almost gone...will have to do that!
I actually think mine was called icicle or something..awful!

I don't know if I have one product that I specifically hated, but if I get one more red lip product or gold eye product, I might scream.

Quote:Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as things I actually used (not sold/swapped because I didn't want to try them) here is my list of hated items:

Zoya Gie Gie/Jacqueline - formula was awful.

Pacifica BB cream - gave me an orange, dirty face.

Starrily bzz bzz polish - so ugly on, gloppy city.  Bought more polishes with the discount and they are the worst formula I have ever tried.

Starlooks bare lip pencil - the freaking cap does not stay on, it drives me crazy.

Starlooks gem pencil - hated the way it looked on me.

Pop gloss - only because of the smell, I really loved the color.

Coola everything - I truly hate everything this brand makes.

I'm sure I would have a lot more if actually tried everything!

I traded to get the Starrily Bzz Bzz polish for the sole purpose of painting my nails for the Pittsburgh Penguins playoff run.  I used Essie in Blanc for a white base, then used the Bzz Bzz so I had black and yellow over it.  The glitter made the polish shrink and it was gross looking in two days. 

Definitely forgot to mention that Pacifica Alight BB cream.  It was just so gross looking on me!! 
I traded for it because I'm a Steelers fan!  And, I'll root for the Penguins until they play my Blackhawks, then I'll probably have to root for my boy Toews. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm no longer an Ipsy subscriber- mostly because I kept getting so many BaB's and POP Beauty and J.Cat I just couldn't handle it anymore!  Needed things that were a little higher quality.  For me the two that I couldn't get to work were the mineral eyeshadows (loose eyeshadows are just so difficult for me...) and the Pacifica BB Cream.  So much glitter!

I love Ipsy but disliked these items:

J Cat Glitter Pallet (June 2014) - This was my birthday month and it had one of my least fave bags to date!

Pacifica BB Cream (August 2013) - Too shimmery for my taste

Nourish Organc Body Lotion (October 2013) - To me, this smelled too bad to use

Be a Bombshell The One Stick (December 2013) - Not a fan of the consistency

Nika K Nail Polish (December 2013) - Thick and goopy mess.  I didn't see anyone else complain about it so I probably just got a bad one.

Absolute Makeup Cleansing Tissue (January 2014) - Bad smell

There are other things that I traded away just because they were items I didn't have a use for or wasn't keen on the color.  Overall though I'm happy with my Ipsy sub :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Mine are J.Cat anything and the Be a Bombshell the one stick.  Also lashes and hairspray by anyone.  Soooo sick of lashes and hairspray, but I have friends who like 'em and now have bundles!!  :blink:

I'm shocked at how much people hated the proactiv mark fading pads. I think it's because there were only 3? They're one of my all time favorite products and one of two reasons I didn't want to cancel my sub to proactiv. I haven't been able to find anything that's even comparable to them.

I hated the BAB one stick...like everyone else. Jesus it was awful. I thought the color was pretty great, becauase I have acne prone skin I couldn't put it on my face, so I tried it as an eye shadow, and even with primer it ended up all over my face and it just felt....gross. I also hated the BAB lip crayon. The color I got was awful on me. And last but not least...the Cailyn lip balm from last month's bag. I would have loved it if I'd gotten the acid pink, but I got the other one instead and it made me look like a clown. I can't actually imagine that color being flattering on anyone.

I'm shocked at how much people hated the proactiv mark fading pads. I think it's because there were only 3? They're one of my all time favorite products and one of two reasons I didn't want to cancel my sub to proactiv. I haven't been able to find anything that's even comparable to them.
I didn't HATE them, but I didn't love them either... my main problem with them being in my bag was that if I HAD fallen in love with them (which wasn't likely to happen with that # of pads), I wouldn't be able to order them on their own. Apparently they only come as part of some Proactiv kit, and I think it's pretty poor practice to send us an item that we can't then turn around and buy if we want to.

I've definitely gotten some products I don't use and give away (lashes and self-tanner), but by far the worst product I've received is the J-Cat palette.  I still haven't figured out how I could possibly use it besides in a children's craft project.  It's not safe for your face at all.  Worst item ever. 

I figure folks that don't list that as one of the worst products weren't around for that debacle.  

I've been a subscriber since November. There have been quite a few products that I've been really disappointed by. The Briogeo hair mask did nothing for my hair. Pacifica coconut lotion smelled amazing in the bottle, but on my hands it smelled like Play-Doh. The BaB One Stick was nope. However, the worst product by far was the Pop Beauty lip gloss.

I don't know if I have one product that I specifically hated, but if I get one more red lip product or gold eye product, I might scream.
i actually screamed and unsubbed back in december. this is my 1st month back since then.  i actually got TWO red lippies in one bag: the jcat lip pencil and the em cosmetics lipstick in a red color. before that, i got the be a bombshell lipgloss in a red shade and a lip pencil in a red shade too. definitely red lippie overkill.

I didn't HATE them, but I didn't love them either... my main problem with them being in my bag was that if I HAD fallen in love with them (which wasn't likely to happen with that # of pads), I wouldn't be able to order them on their own. Apparently they only come as part of some Proactiv kit, and I think it's pretty poor practice to send us an item that we can't then turn around and buy if we want to.
Totally agree. 3 pads isn't even enough to know if you liked it because apparently it takes 5 to see a difference? I was subscribed(?) to proactiv. There were a couple of things I really loved, but the customize function isn't available right now and I don't want anymore of their crappy face wash.

I've been a subscriber since November. There have been quite a few products that I've been really disappointed by. The Briogeo hair mask did nothing for my hair. Pacifica coconut lotion smelled amazing in the bottle, but on my hands it smelled like Play-Doh. The BaB One Stick was nope. However, the worst product by far was the Pop Beauty lip gloss.
Oh god, I actually bought the body wash, perfume and lotion. It smells grate in the bottle, but to me smells kind of like diapers when it's one. I can't stand it.

That blood orange though. It's awesome.

Oh god, I actually bought the body wash, perfume and lotion. It smells grate in the bottle, but to me smells kind of like diapers when it's one. I can't stand it.

That blood orange though. It's awesome.
I know, right? I've made a couple of Pacifica orders and tried a pretty good variety so far, and their scents are SO hit-or-miss. When they're on, they're AMAZING (Waikiki Pikake and Brazilian Mango Grapefruit are to die for) but the flops are seriously no bueno. Luckily they are great with the return policy if you don't like a scent.

Back