Worst products of 2012?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by PurpleStrawberi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nobody like the Maybelline Bouncy Blush! It's my favorite!!  I guess its one of those things that works for some but not others... It's pretty nichey, but the color looked awesome with my skintone!  I know I'm going to repurchase mine.
I was surprised that I DO like it. Hard to find drugstore cream blushes, and that one doesn't suck too bad (in the color I got, anyway)

The worst thing I probably bought this year would have to be the Maybeline Falsies mascara... Everyone seemed to rave about it this year but I absolutely hate it!! It doesn't even show like I have mascara on when I put it on... major disappointment :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do have oily skin, but I was determined to try the BB cream fad!  I'm sure that's why I didn't like them, lol.  I am still on the search for my HG mascara, and I've recently tried Blinc and Jane Iredale Longest Blackest Lash and I've got to say that I wasn't impressed with either of them.  No volume whatsoever and both formulas were so heavy that my lashes couldn't hold a curl.  Bummer.  I was excited about the Blinc and loved how it didn't smudge, but that was the only thing I loved about it.

Originally Posted by yoru /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BB Creams tend to be thicker imo (specially Dr. Jart) so it would be better if you wear them in Winter. I love my Dr. Jart black label and I wear it during winter :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But if you have oily skin you'd want to avoid BB Cream.

Eclos Face Mask (Came in the Allure Fall Beauty Box) - Made my skin red and burned looking

Blinc Mascara - Used to be one of my favorites, however it is such a pain in the ass to take off, its really not worth it.

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've had two fails I didn't expect: Benefit Porefessinal is HORRIBLE for me!  Within an hour, my pores are huge shiny caverns.  And Bad Gal Lash leaves me with major under-eye smudges every time I use it.  (Last year I had the same issue with L'Oreal Carbon Black, waterproof
frown.gif
)  I got the items in a Benefit kit for my birthday.  It also had Benetint, which I just plain don't like, and Highbeam, which (thank goodness for 1 in 4!) I like a lot.
I have to second Bad Gal Lash, it gives me smudges and flakes like my eyelashes have black dandruff! 

Oh, and don't get me started on Stainiac, it's like trying to smear jelly on your lips and cheeks, and then it doesn't even last, blah.

I'm surprised about Maybelline Great Lash - I love it! But then again, it's the mascara I use on a day to day basis where I'm not looking for a ton of volume, just a really natural look. Maybe that's why I like it?

Hmm...the worst product I can think on the top of my head is, like a lot of people, The Balm's Stainiac - This product is TERRIBLE on my lips. No matter how much I try to get the entire lip, it always looks really patchy. It's a little better on my cheeks, but I think it makes them look greasier after a while.

Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleStrawberi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Nobody like the Maybelline Bouncy Blush! It's my favorite!!  I guess its one of those things that works for some but not others... It's pretty nichey, but the color looked awesome with my skintone!  I know I'm going to repurchase mine.

I love the Maybelline Bouncy Blush too... I have the peach and the pink one and they both show pretty pigmented and natural on my light skin. They also last all day long even though my skin is combination-oily! I like how it's light/non-greasy and it's great for traveling too (because of the small packaging and no brush needed)!

Talking about worst products, I really hated the Blinc mascara (the original, I've never tried the volumizing one)... it made my lashes look much worse than they look without anything on.

Back