• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Zoya Get 3 polishes for $12 or 3 polishes/FS with $25 purchase - 1/7-1/13

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dammit...I just placed another order. So many ladies here bought Odette, and I hadn't noticed it. Purple's the shade I wear the most, and when I saw it, I had to have it! I added America and Stevie to that order...my third order in under 24 hours.

Quote: Originally Posted by amygab1126 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Dammit...I just placed another order. So many ladies here bought Odette, and I hadn't noticed it. Purple's the shade I wear the most, and when I saw it, I had to have it! I added America and Stevie to that order...my third order in under 24 hours.

Can you use this code more than once? I just bought the 32 oz polish remover, Adina, Aurora, and Tomoko. All for $25! :)

I got Hunter, Rue, and Farah.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can you use this code more than once? I just bought the 32 oz polish remover, Adina, Aurora, and Tomoko. All for $25! :)
I don't know if they truly let you use it more than once, but I do it the way one gets an extra Birchbox sub: new email address = new account, and then you can re-use the code. I have 3 accounts with Zoya. Same shipping address, same name, same credit card.

Ok ladies I am giving in and going for this one! I need some help choosing which 3 to get. I'm looking for some classy, nuetral colors that won't stand out too much since I work in an office. I'm think I'll get Rue, but none of the other colors in the new natural collection really appeal to me. Suggestions please!!

I just can't seem to pass up their promos--Anja, Kalista, Petra.  I'm in a warm and cozy state of mind....go away polar vortex. 

I'm in gals- I had my mom and sis each pick out a color- we got storm, blaze & neve. I've wanted Storm forever- it's about time !!

I banned myself from buying more than the three free since I had just bought the HTF Chloe on eBay yesterday and (more importantly) I don't like how I'm storing my np at the moment and definitely don't need to add to my collection until after I move cross country next month. I'm sure I'll buy more in the interim despite that lol.

I got: Brigitte, Odette, and Normani. =) I'm really trying to branch out from my little collection of vibrant pinks/cherry & vampy reds. =D

@JuliaGhostx3 I got Zoya Blu in an ipsy bag last year and hated the color and formula. I thought I was going to swear off Zoya colors… now I love it! Which color did you get?

Ok ladies I am giving in and going for this one! I need some help choosing which 3 to get. I'm looking for some classy, nuetral colors that won't stand out too much since I work in an office. I'm think I'll get Rue, but none of the other colors in the new natural collection really appeal to me. Suggestions please!!
I ordered Farah (light yellow/gray beige) and Dove (light gray, but that's still kind of a neutral to me). I also love Penelope, which is a dusty mauve color that I feel is fairly office-appropriate.

Hey y'all, just updating that I merged the thread @DreamWarrior made with this one 
flowers.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I liked Flynn from the fall collection. I also have Kristin and Carey. Check out the Intimate and True collections they have some pretty neutrals. Also the Feel collection. I really love my Carey.

I suggest looking up swatches of Farah, Pandora, Shay, and Zanna.

Okay, I think this is what I am going to get: I don't have a nail polish thinner, and this should work in both Zoya and Julep.  Do you think it would work in Butter London (only 3 free)?  I haven't tried a textured polish yet, but Chyna looks nice.  A MUT reader recommended Kristen and Zanna, and I needed purity and a sheer pink for French.  Except for Chyna, which will be perfect for Vday, these look springy enough. And, my husband won't understand!!  I better not get all these colors in my subscription boxes in the next few months!!  
One of the great things about Chyna is that if you decide you don't like it textured, put on a thick glossy top coat like Poshe and it just looks like a beautiful regular polish.

I wasn't planning on getting anything, but apparently I am just a sucker for a sale.  I ordered Piaf, the Sparkle Gloss Topcoat, Logan, Cynthia, Manhattan Mixer, and Storm.

So, I've been thinking about getting the Pixie Dust Polish... but I have a few questions for anyone that has used them before.

1.  My experience with Matte polishes is that they chip fairly quickly - is this so with this Pixie Dust Polish?

2.  Wearing daily - Does the paint snag on anything, like clothing, hair, etc?

3.  Being that it's matte (I've known matte paint that after a while dulls)... being that this is "Pixie" dust - does the paint fade or dull after a while??  Does it loose its luster?

So, I've been thinking about getting the Pixie Dust Polish... but I have a few questions for anyone that has used them before. 1.  My experience with Matte polishes is that they chip fairly quickly - is this so with this Pixie Dust Polish? 2.  Wearing daily - Does the paint snag on anything, like clothing, hair, etc? 3.  Being that it's matte (I've known matte paint that after a while dulls)... being that this is "Pixie" dust - does the paint fade or dull after a while??  Does it loose its luster?
In my experience, they do not chip easily but wear better than my regular polish. I've never had them snag on anything; the texture is very fine. I haven't had them get dull, but I also change my polish every couple days. I did experience some dulling with OPI Liquid Sands, just on dark colors.

Darn it...was just going through my boxes of polish to re-do my nails tonight, and realized I already own Ginessa (which I ordered with this deal yesterday). I've never even used it, either! Being so addicted to buying things that you don't even know what you have sucks sometimes LOL (I've done the same thing with ordering repeat bras and panties from Victoria's Secret and basic tank tops from Kohl's).

But Ginessa's a light sparkly silver shade, and I'll just mix it with some other polish to make something cool. I do love to mix my own colors sometimes :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So, I've been thinking about getting the Pixie Dust Polish... but I have a few questions for anyone that has used them before.

1.  My experience with Matte polishes is that they chip fairly quickly - is this so with this Pixie Dust Polish?

2.  Wearing daily - Does the paint snag on anything, like clothing, hair, etc?

3.  Being that it's matte (I've known matte paint that after a while dulls)... being that this is "Pixie" dust - does the paint fade or dull after a while??  Does it loose its luster?
I got a Pixi Dust polish in an IPSY bag and have to say while I love the look, I couldn't stand how rough and scratchy feeling my nails were so I took it off within a few hours of painting it on.  I like a smooth finish.  I would use this on my toes though where I am less apt to notice if they are rough feeling.  

Needs help, ladies.  Think I am going to take the plunge and order a few.  I am looking for really simple colors to just help give me a polished look.  In general I would favor a cream finish.  I have Brigitte in my basket and Faye (totally not what i just described, but I've been wanting this one for something fun for a while).  I just want to pick one more.  Something even more subtle than the Brigitte.  My problem is I have pale olive skin tone (definitely on the yellow side vs pink side) but for some reason I can't figure out if cool, neutral or warm shades look better on me.  For example, I'm pretty sure I tried Mia before and thought it was too "pink" looking.  And I have Addison, but only like it on me in certain lights.  I have Amanda and think it is a little too beige.  Also it is much more beige than it looks online, so it totally makes it hard for me to know what something is really is going to look like, and I often find some colors make me look dead.  People will often try to put warmer colors on me and I always think it looks to harsh and fake looking.  Any ideas?  I have Summer, Mia (just in case my memory is bad on this one), Piper, Pandora, and Kennedy in my bag as options.  Am open to other suggestions as well.  A perfect French color would also be acceptable.  I have Loretta already and it works pretty well as a pink shade, but wouldn't mind something a little less pink and a little more opaque.  Thanks for any suggestions.  It's the skin tone, polish tone thing that always throws me.  That and that I know the colors on the computer are definitely off.  

Back