• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Zoya Get 3 polishes for $12 or 3 polishes/FS with $25 purchase - 1/7-1/13

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So, I've been thinking about getting the Pixie Dust Polish... but I have a few questions for anyone that has used them before.

1.  My experience with Matte polishes is that they chip fairly quickly - is this so with this Pixie Dust Polish?

2.  Wearing daily - Does the paint snag on anything, like clothing, hair, etc?

3.  Being that it's matte (I've known matte paint that after a while dulls)... being that this is "Pixie" dust - does the paint fade or dull after a while??  Does it loose its luster?
Like sleepykat, I find they wear really well. Usually I chip doing dishes or scratching my dog or something silly, but the Pixie Dusts stay put on me for at least a week (probably longer, but I get bored easily and change polish before then). I style my hair with my fingers and the texture doesn't really snag it (I have very fine hair). I'm extra careful with stockings when I wear it, but I haven't really noticed issues with snagging. Some people totally hate the feel of it, though, so I can understand that. If the paint fades, I've never noticed because they're all so packed with glitter. I have noticed that my face makeup will smudge onto it and dull the finish if I curl my fingers in and prop my cheek on my fingers. But it washes away easily, and I need to learn to stop touching my face anyway. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm wearing Sunshine right now and love it. I think it looks just like indigo wash denim. <3

On Zoya's Facebook page, they said that whoever took advantage of the Color2014 code will receive another promo code soon.  Nice!

Quote: Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  On Zoya's Facebook page, they said that whoever took advantage of the Color2014 code will receive another promo code soon.  Nice!

I got my promo code today and it I won't be using it. It is a one time use code and I am offering it to anyone that wants it. PM me.

This is what it is for: 

Now you can get Monet, the special effect topper, FREE*plus free standard ground shipping when youpurchase any combination of two (2) Spring 2014Awaken or Magical Pixie Collection Shades.

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by coffeecardigan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my promo code today and it I won't be using it. It is a one time use code and I am offering it to anyone that wants it. PM me.

This is what it is for: 

Now you can get Monet, the special effect topper, FREE*plus free standard ground shipping when youpurchase any combination of two (2) Spring 2014Awaken or Magical Pixie Collection Shades.

Will it work? I thought it was specific to your account. It said non-transferable.

Quote: Originally Posted by sleepykat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Will it work? I thought it was specific to your account. It said non-transferable.
Hmmmm good question. Well, I suppose it is worth a try. I definitely won't be using it so if anyone would like to try it, I am happy to pass it along. 

Hmmmm good question. Well, I suppose it is worth a try. I definitely won't be using it so if anyone would like to try it, I am happy to pass it along. 

I agree, it's definitely worth a try. Please let us know if it works, because I don't think I will be using mine, either. 

Thanks ladies for the feed back on the Pixie Paint.

I still havent received a shipping confirmation and I'm a little bumbed about that.  I am impatiently waiting for my new colors.  Oh, the joys of ordering online during a super awesome sale.
icon_rolleyes.gif

@DreamWarrior if you ordered from the new spring collection; they won't be shipped until February when it's released. For other orders, I think they got inundated with people using the color2014 codes. It took me about a week to get a shipping confirmation from that, and my friend is still waiting for hers (I ordered about a week before her, and I already got my polishes). But I've always found Zoya to be reliable; a little slow sometimes, but reliable.

(My friend is steamed, though. I live in MA and have always gotten my shipments before her, and she lives less than an hour from the Zoya warehouse.)

I agree, it's definitely worth a try. Please let us know if it works, because I don't think I will be using mine, either. 

This is what it is for: 

I am pretty sure it's account specific.  They made sure to give specific codes per your email that's why it's taking forever to get the actual emails out...

I still haven't gotten the email for the second promo yet but since it was in my account I already used it.  In the first promo I only got 3 I ordered Dream, Storm and London.  Second promo I ordered Rebel (blue shimmer), Cosmo (holo pixie) and the free Monet top coat.

I had a coupon for free remover with $20 purchase too so I placed a second order of the itty bitty remover, Payton and Kelly and that one already shipped.... Can't wait for Earth Day.

Quote: Originally Posted by Christa W /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still haven't gotten the email for the second promo yet but since it was in my account I already used it.  In the first promo I only got 3 I ordered Dream, Storm and London.  Second promo I ordered Rebel (blue shimmer), Cosmo (holo pixie) and the free Monet top coat.

I had a coupon for free remover with $20 purchase too so I placed a second order of the itty bitty remover, Payton and Kelly and that one already shipped.... Can't wait for Earth Day.
Gorgeous colors, and omg, I forgot about the Earth Day bogo! Thanks for reminding me so I can start budgeting. 
biggrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by formul8edphrase /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Gorgeous colors, and omg, I forgot about the Earth Day bogo! Thanks for reminding me so I can start budgeting. 
biggrin.gif

It was super hard to choose the new stuff for me because there aren't any swatches yet but I wanted to make sure I ordered while I still had money otherwise I may be broke LOL.  If I had money before Christmas I would own a lot more.  I know they said the new stuff won't start shipping until 02/01 but they said "maybe" some will go out sooner so since I pretty much ordered within 4 hours of the promo going live, I hope if they do I am able to get them.  The pink and blue pixie dusts said right away they were getting tons of request for them and they would be a possible back order.  Cosmos did not.  My first Zoya order didn't get to me until the next day anyway so I didn't even have the pamphlet.  I looked at it again once they came and I am super happy I got Cosmos instead.  Not that I won't want the other two down the road but it looks like the glitters in this one are basically all the pastel colors of the Awaken collection and it looks more like a shade I would wear with something to dress up a bit like blinged out fingers.  I really wish the swatches were available though I am going crazy.  I hope Rebel is everything I want it to be!

I successfully resisted the Monet promo. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The Awaken shades look similar to the Lovely shades to me so far, Monet is similar enough to an indie topper I have, and I will wait for the Magical Pixies until there is a better promo. If any of my reasoning is faulty, please don't let me know.

I successfully resisted the Monet promo. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The Awaken shades look similar to the Lovely shades to me so far, Monet is similar enough to an indie topper I have, and I will wait for the Magical Pixies until there is a better promo. If any of my reasoning is faulty, please don't let me know.
I like your reasoning! I'm on the fence about Monet, so I'm planning on waiting until I see some blogger swatches. For now, I'm resisting!

No fault in it at all.  I just started my Zoya collection with the Spirit Trios in September so I am behind the ball on the brand.  Since there is no Ulta close (they may be building one 3 miles from my house!!!!)  and I got lost trying to find the salons that carry them, I have to take advantage of the offers online whenever I can.  I think by the time February is over and the code expires you will have had plenty of time to decide.  I will be posting pics of Rebel and Cosmo for sure!

What indie topper is it?  Just curious.  It almost looks like a pink version of Revlon Heavenly to me. 

I still havent received a shipping confirmation and I'm a little bumbed about that.  I am impatiently waiting for my new colors.  Oh, the joys of ordering online during a super awesome sale.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Which ones did you go with?  I have Tomoko, Sunshine, Dahra, Liberty and London.  I still want Chita, Carter and well I want them all but those are my top 2.

No fault in it at all.  I just started my Zoya collection with the Spirit Trios in September so I am behind the ball on the brand.  Since there is no Ulta close (they may be building one 3 miles from my house!!!!)  and I got lost trying to find the salons that carry them, I have to take advantage of the offers online whenever I can.  I think by the time February is over and the code expires you will have had plenty of time to decide.  I will be posting pics of Rebel and Cosmo for sure!

What indie topper is it?  Just curious.  It almost looks like a pink version of Revlon Heavenly to me. 

Zoya is my favorite mainstream brand (first discovered through Birchbox, with a mini of Kristen), so I have a crazy amount of them.

The indie that is close enough (although definitely not a dupe) for me to Monet is Black Cat Lacquer Let Them Eat Cake. The main differences I see are: It has a clear base instead of pinkish, it doesn't have purple in it, and it does have nearly microscopic snow glitter. Oh, and it seems that Monet's main glitter pieces are holographic. LTEC's main glitters are not holographic, but there are smaller holographic glitters sprinkled throughout. You can see the little holo bits well in real life, but not usually in photos. Here's a bottle shot that does, though (photo is from misshollyberries.com):

On the left is a photo of Let Them Eat Cake over different polishes (photo is from jennibertt.blogspot.com), and on the right is Zoya's promotional photo of Monet over the rest of the Awaken collection.

Revlon Heavenly seems more cellophane-y to me, and it has squares which the other two don't. I think Monet has more color variety than either of the other two. But all three have a similar type of effect. Photo below is from lacqlustre.com:

icon_rolleyes.gif

Which ones did you go with?  I have Tomoko, Sunshine, Dahra, Liberty and London.  I still want Chita, Carter and well I want them all but those are my top 2.

I have Tomoko, Sunshine, Liberty, London, Chita and Carter. Tomoko is stunning, in my opinion, very classy. I haven't tried London or Sunshine yet. Chita is amazing, such a rich green. Carter I love but it was a surprise to me because the photos I saw didn't capture it's true color. It's so intense and beautiful! Liberty is a must have. I've read that it stains, but I didn't experience that. I always wear base coat, though. Oh, I haven't tried it with the others, but Liberty also looks great with a bunch of top coat if you're not in the mood for matte.

I have Tomoko, Sunshine, Liberty, London, Chita and Carter. Tomoko is stunning, in my opinion, very classy. I haven't tried London or Sunshine yet. Chita is amazing, such a rich green. Carter I love but it was a surprise to me because the photos I saw didn't capture it's true color. It's so intense and beautiful! Liberty is a must have. I've read that it stains, but I didn't experience that. I always wear base coat, though. Oh, I haven't tried it with the others, but Liberty also looks great with a bunch of top coat if you're not in the mood for matte.
My Secret Santa gifted me Liberty and I haven't worn it yet because I heard it stained too and I was trying to figure out if I should wear a base coat with it because I have never worn a base coat with textured polishes ever.  I am so glad to hear it didn't stain on you!  I LOVE Sunshine.  It's so pretty.  I have worn that one three times.  I have actually never worn Tomoko yet!!  You are making me want to go buy both Carter and Chita right now!! LOL!  My only green textured polish is In the Rough by China Glaze and that doesn't count.  Great comparisons!!!!!  Thanks for that!

My Secret Santa gifted me Liberty and I haven't worn it yet because I heard it stained too and I was trying to figure out if I should wear a base coat with it because I have never worn a base coat with textured polishes ever.  I am so glad to hear it didn't stain on you!  I LOVE Sunshine.  It's so pretty.  I have worn that one three times.  I have actually never worn Tomoko yet!!  You are making me want to go buy both Carter and Chita right now!! LOL!  My only green textured polish is In the Rough by China Glaze and that doesn't count.  Great comparisons!!!!!  Thanks for that!
You're welcome. I always wear a base coat with my textured polish with no problems, so I for sure recommend it with the intense shades like Liberty.

My polishes came in yesterday. I ordered: Norra, Twila, Rory (my favorite polish, I ordered this second one for my best friends birthday.) , Neve, Mason, & Arabella. (My boyfriend made another order for me and that should come in next week, so I'll post pics when it does. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> )

Latest posts

Back