Zoya Polish! What are you wearing right now?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm yawning uncontrollably at those colors.  I was excited for exclusive colors and placed an order but I'm kind of wishing I didn't if that is what we are getting.  I have a huge polish collection and those are pretty basic.  I guess I'll give them away.

I love those colors. I almost ordered a cream/khaki with the promo but opted for a pink for my daughter instead, so I hope these are the actual shades! Also, Zoya did not indicate anywhere that the colors were "New", just not available for purchase before. My other curiosity is that I have yet to see anyone post a picture of the minis that they actually received, so I wonder if at this point it is just speculation. They were free anyways, so noone really has any room to complain. 

I love those colors. I almost ordered a cream/khaki with the promo but opted for a pink for my daughter instead, so I hope these are the actual shades! Also, Zoya did not indicate anywhere that the colors were "New", just not available for purchase before. My other curiosity is that I have yet to see anyone post a picture of the minis that they actually received, so I wonder if at this point it is just speculation. They were free anyways, so noone really has any room to complain.
One girl is apparently private msging a photo but unless they paid for like super overnight shipping I'm not sure what's up with it either. Could be for nothing actually. Here's to hoping for this Zoya exclusive multichromes!!!

There were different graphics used in the promotion, at least one definitely said 'new'.  Even if I'm remembering that wrong, IF it is true it is still misleading.  I'm not kicking up a stink but no, I wouldn't have placed an order if I had known.  I'm at the point in my polish collecting that I don't buy anything that isn't in some way unique.

I can't help myself when it comes to Zoya deals and I really wanted to see what the mystery polishes were so I did participate in this promo. If the colors are what is in the spoiler, I am less than impressed. These just aren't colors that I wear so I'm not super thrilled with them. However, I did get three polishes I love (Jo, Rebel, and India) for a discount so I am happy about that!

Interesting...

image.jpg

Interesting.... That said, I'm happy I resisted this promo!  Those shades, if they are in fact the mystery trio, are already well represented in my collection.

One girl is apparently private msging a photo but unless they paid for like super overnight shipping I'm not sure what's up with it either. Could be for nothing actually. Here's to hoping for this Zoya exclusive multichromes!!!
I'm hoping for something at least more exciting than a black and a gold polish too. But I would be more disappointed if they were direct dupes of something right from the regular collection...

Last edited by a moderator:
what was the description?  I read the article, and were these shades ever available for purchase at Zoya?  If I couldn't purchased them before, I think they are "new"..

I actually like the looks of them 

from the link that you posted "These three Peter Som Zoya custom colors won't be available for purchase individually, but Isa hinted that they may be available as part of an upcoming Zoya promotion. Keep your eye on Zoya's blog and Facebook page if you're interested!"

And then I read the description on the promo

"*Mystery shades have never been available for retail sales and will not be available for individual (open stock) purchase. The three shades will be available exclusively in mini (0.25oz) sizes as part of the mystery gift only."

So, I don't think they did anything wrong here..if the shades have never been available to purchase, I think some on that FB page are just being overlydramantic.

I found a photo from the NY show that showed the detail of the colors better - nice

1551__700__.Zoya_Nail_polish_petersom_runway_nails_web620.jpg
I do have to say I love this look - beautiful model and makeup too. The simplicity is appealing. What they've done at the lower eye corner is really effective (on her) too. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

But some 'boring colours' I enjoy, too. If the yellow & gold in the March? mini set are actually like Farrah and Jules I might quite like to have them. Here is Zoya Amanda, which I am glad to have tried. Based on swatches out there (and this one is not much better, it's sans brush clean-up and in odd lighting), it was really hard for me to guess how this one would suit, but it really works for me.
Z Amanda rt1.jpgZ Amanda lt1.jpg

Yup it's them!!! I actually really like them

image.jpg

Here's all of them

Anais, Charlott, Severine then Arlo, Bar and Remy

image.jpg
I think they look pretty cute.  Even if they are basic neutrals are just good staples to have.

This article makes them seem more interesting to me:  http://gothampolish.blogspot.com/2014/02/zoya-at-nyfw-backstage-at-peter-som-aw.html

I did order Jules and Pasha so I'm wondering if Severine is really close in color to either of those.

At any rate, I'm really excited that they are offering the coupon code for the Satins.  I actually love the look of those and wanted to order some anyway.

yeah, pretty happy with that, as I didn't get any neutrals in my order and these are a  nice addition.

@@Christa W  That is lovely!  I've never done any stamping before but I really need to get into it! 

In other news, I tried India a few days ago, and it was so thick!  I was really surprised because I don't think I've ever had a Zoya that thick before.  It's really pretty but the shimmer in it doesn't seem to translate to my nail so it didn't look as pretty as it does in the bottle. 

@@Christa W That is lovely! I've never done any stamping before but I really need to get into it!

In other news, I tried India a few days ago, and it was so thick! I was really surprised because I don't think I've ever had a Zoya that thick before. It's really pretty but the shimmer in it doesn't seem to translate to my nail so it didn't look as pretty as it does in the bottle.
Hmmm that's interesting. Here's Remy. I painted my nails last night and woke up with blue fingers but man is it freaking beautiful!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back