Zoya Polish! What are you wearing right now?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one we've all seen many swatches of, I imagine: Zoya Odette. It's really interesting how varied this looks under different lighting conditions. I describe it as a dusty smoky rose-mauve with a purple hue that intensifies under increasing light. It has a very nice natural shiny fnish, but I did use top coat to reinforce against chips and wear.

Zoya Odette lt il.jpgZ Odette rt fl2.jpgZ Odette rt fl1.jpg

I love Odette! It definitely looks different depending on the light. I also think it changed color while I was wearing it, if that's possible. I used a base and top as usual but idk. Maybe it was just the extreme color differences in different lighting. 

I love Odette! It definitely looks different depending on the light. I also think it changed color while I was wearing it, if that's possible. I used a base and top as usual but idk. Maybe it was just the extreme color differences in different lighting. 
I suppose it's possible; I just haven't noticed any of my Zoyas or Odette fading or changing over time. It seems like it's much more common in gel polishes, or I hear about it more online for those. I've avoided getting polishes that are reported to fade to icky colours, so I've not experienced it myself. I'd suspect it would be more the crazy light effects for Odette, but I've not worn it for a super long time myself to check on any potential change. The range is quite wild for the Odette photos on Google!

I love Odette too!  I think it's a great neutral-ish purple that's not too boring or too wild.  Just a very nice shade that you could wear with anything/for any event.  I'm really glad it's part of my collection.

I decided to wear Normani next after Odette. I imagine most of you have seen this one many times before too; all four of these photos are Zoya Normani, and just like Odette, it is a crazy light-based chameleon! I love this one; and it got comments. I guess these grey/taupe/brown/purple/whatever colours are still interesting after years of 'taupe' being a trend. :) I have no problem with that - trend or no, I intend to have years of happy Normani-wearing ahead of me! It's also wonderfully glossy pre-top coat, despite the scuffed/greased look on some of these pics. It's maybe just moisturizer residue.

Z Normani rt1.jpgZ Normani lt #1.jpg

Z Normani rt #1.jpgZ Normani lt1.jpg

I didn't take a photo of this pre-spots, but I think we can see Zoya Cheryl around the distraction (I'll put the finished project on the 31 day challenge). I really love this one. I consider it a brown that works on a my cool-toned skin because of the red base. I love the shimmery intensity.
Zoya Cheryl dots rt.jpgZoya Cheryl dots lt.jpg

I MIGHT have purchased all of the velvet mattes at Ulta recently.  I can't stop using them!  Thankfully they were B2G1 - plus triple points.  Those triple points rule my world.
Are you wearing them matte or top-coated? And I have Savita, Verushka, and Posh, but am wondering about the others. Thoughts? I think it's Loredana that gets panned online by a few people - what is your experience with it?

Are you wearing them matte or top-coated? And I have Savita, Verushka, and Posh, but am wondering about the others. Thoughts? I think it's Loredana that gets panned online by a few people - what is your experience with it?
I'm wearing them matte (2 coats) w/ just a base coat.  Tip wear is a problem this way, but after a few days I just added another coat to make it last thru the weekend.  I haven't used the Loredana yet, just the Posh, Harlow and Savita.  

I love the faster dry time.  And I'm kind of in awe of the way they look wet vs dry. I literally sit and watch it transform before my eyes!  

I've also tried a separate color as an accent coat over the other coat.  I think it was Savita over Harlow.  It seemed like a good idea at the time, but a lot of the Harlow came through.

I'll try the Loredana after Thanksgiving.  I am eyeing that with the Veruschka.

I'm currently wearing Savita with a few silver snowflakes horribly painted on with a silver nail pen.  I'm trying to branch out a bit -- I've been a boring pink/red nail person for all of my life.  I'm lucky to have great natural nails.  I've had two manicures in my whole life and ONE fake nail -- a thumb nail b/c I broke it in Las Vegas dragging luggage around and was headed to NYC the next week and needed something quick!

I'll update once I try a few more colors.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Good luck w/ the Loredana. Now I'm really curious!

Another Zoya: Carrie Ann. It was such fun wearing this one! I do find it has a bit of a pink tinge for a red, so it's hard to decide where to place it, other than 'wear again'. :) No complaints about this beautiful colour.
Carrie Ann lt1.jpgCarrie Ann rt4*.jpg

The original version of my holiday season mani -  Chita and Godiva, later I replaced Godiva with Owsin, but I can't find a picture of that one. Not sure which one I like better though...

DSC04981.JPG

Struggling to choose just 3 polishes to order for the New Year, New Hue promo! I have Rue, Brigitte, and Lux in my cart, but I'm also lusting over Autumn and Dream.

I just realized I hadn't purchased my polishes yet and the nynh promo still works!  I am proud of myself for actually looking through my polishes and picking colors I was low on not just colors I Iove.  I got Rina for St. Patricks day, Willa as I somehow don't have a basic black and Thea just for fun.  I am so in love with their Pixie Dusts!  I am currently wearing Deborah Lippman Private Dancer (alltime favorite color) with Bar (pixie dust) on top.  

I just realized I hadn't purchased my polishes yet and the nynh promo still works! I am proud of myself for actually looking through my polishes and picking colors I was low on not just colors I Iove. I got Rina for St. Patricks day, Willa as I somehow don't have a basic black and Thea just for fun. I am so in love with their Pixie Dusts! I am currently wearing Deborah Lippman Private Dancer (alltime favorite color) with Bar (pixie dust) on top.
Just ordered Bar in the 3 free promo. Along with Remy and Arlo. Can't wait!!!

Oh boy, They got me with the "order $25 more and get free shipping" thing.

I ended up getting Midori, Veruschka, Adina, Dillon, Haven and Paloma.

I've only got 3 Zoyas in my possession and a big wish list on the site, so I thought I'd stock up.

Latest posts

Back