Zoya Polish! What are you wearing right now?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zoya sent me another Lola to replace my damaged one.  I got it yesterday and knew as soon as I opened my mail box that it was broken, too.  Not just broken but shattered.  The bubble mailer was saturated with polish, and my mail box smells like polish.  I'm not a happy camper.
Are they replacing the replacement?

I'm posting here, but on my hands, this is a disappointment for colour. The colour just doesn't do anything good for me. Zoya Miranda PixieDust is a pretty-looking mid-pink with some warmth to it, and you would think it could look good on almost everyone, and probably be very inoffensive in many contexts. I think it might be OK on my toes, and in nail art, but as an all-over colour, it's just not quite right on me. I think the photos make it look a lot better than irl. My skin has a cool-leaning undertone (though tanned in the summer), and this warm pink just creates an odd combination. It makes my skin look grey-yellow. Ick. I added some white stamping and then a blue-leaning top-coat, which made it more wearable, so we'll see, it might survive a couple of days on me with that. :unsure:

Like this, no.

Miranda rt.jpg

I finally got my 2nd replacement bottle of Lola last week.  And it was in one piece!  Wearing it now, and I gotta say it's one of my favorite neons.  A little on the sheer side, I've got 2 coats on and you can see nail line but it still looks good.  The formula was also great!

I have Giovanna on my toes.  I thought it might be too dark for this summer weather, but once it was on it's a nice bright, shiny green.  

I finally got my 2nd replacement bottle of Lola last week.  And it was in one piece!  Wearing it now, and I gotta say it's one of my favorite neons.  A little on the sheer side, I've got 2 coats on and you can see nail line but it still looks good.  The formula was also great!
Yay! Finally! Glad you're enjoying it.

sharky1.png

Liberty, London, Tomoko. I love it but I already want to change it, because that's how I roll with polish.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That looks really fantastic! I so love this one! I'm wearing Liberty on my toenails, but now I really want to try something like this on the fingernails. Beautiful!

eta: By the way, we're still looking for more volunteers to submit Inspirations for set 4 and 5 of the 30 Inspirations Nail Art Challenge... (https://www.makeuptalk.com/f/topic/132554-30-inspirations-nail-art-challenge-2014/)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is Zoya Hudson. Not absolutely fantastic on me, but I fixed that with some stamping. :)

Z Hudson lt1.jpgZ Hudson rt1.jpg

ZOYA is having a BOGO on PixieDusts! Buy 1 textured polish (from the textured page on their site), get 1 free. Free shipping on orders over $25. Code is TEXTUES. This lasts until 9/7.

So now I have a question...I'm interested in the magical pixie dusts and Lux and Arlo look really similar. Does anybody have an opinion on which is better and/or on the magical pixies in general (I'm a little worried about them being super bumpy).  

ZOYA is having a BOGO on PixieDusts! Buy 1 textured polish (from the textured page on their site), get 1 free. Free shipping on orders over $25. Code is TEXTURES. This lasts until 9/7.

So now I have a question...I'm interested in the magical pixie dusts and Lux and Arlo look really similar. Does anybody have an opinion on which is better and/or on the magical pixies in general (I'm a little worried about them being super bumpy).  
I have one of the magical pixies, Bar, and while it's a gorgeous color it is very bumpy and rough.  And the holo glitters in it can look very clumpy.  I know lots of people love the magical pixies but they are a bit much for me personally. 

I have one of the magical pixies, Bar, and while it's a gorgeous color it is very bumpy and rough.  And the holo glitters in it can look very clumpy.  I know lots of people love the magical pixies but they are a bit much for me personally. 
Thanks! I was afraid that they would be really rough. I think I'm going to show some restraint and avoid this sale!

ZOYA is having a BOGO on PixieDusts! Buy 1 textured polish (from the textured page on their site), get 1 free. Free shipping on orders over $25. Code is TEXTUES. This lasts until 9/7.

I have Lux and Ginni which is more of a pink than Arlo which leans more to purple.  I took some photos for you.  They are definitely more bumpy, however they can look better if topped with a clear coat (or a few).  Personally I prefer the Arlo shade but Lux makes for a great light pink to give you just some glitter but not be overly in your face.  Lux is very subtle depending on your skin tone. 

ZoyaMagical2.jpg

L to R: Ginni, Lux, Cosmo

ZoyaMagical3.jpg

Ginni is on top, Lux on bottom

ZoyaMagical4.jpg

Here is with Cosmo also and no flash

ZoyaMagical.jpg

Here is with 2 of my regular pixies Godiva and Tomoko so you can kind of see how different they are.

I have Lux and I do like it but it's definitely a bit much.  I actually prefer the regular Pixie Dusts vs the magical ones.  The addition of the large glitter kind of throws off the beauty of the shade, IMO.

I LOVE the regular PD's though and have a bunch of them now.  They are perfect for a simple mani that dries quickly and still has some bling to it, especially with top coat.

The only Magical Pixie Dust I really love is Bar.  Because it is so neutral on me it just looks like my fingers dipped in quartz.  Ugh so much love.  It might be the first polish I get to the bottom of outside of the cheap whites I use for undies.  The others just don't do it for me.

Speaking of not doing it for me: I didn't take pics but I have Yuna on right now, that I borrowed from a friend.  In all the pictures I see online (part of why I didn't bother with pics) the bronze shimmer seems really prominent.  From a distance, the bronze + gray just look like a weird army green.  It just doesn't have the same impact it does from closeup pictures/lightbox pictures.

I have a friend who is a polish collector and we were arguing about our favorite swatchers online.  She loves ones that make the colors look like art--I like ones that make polish look like they are going to look if I put them on my hands  :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back