Zoya Polish! What are you wearing right now?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only Magical Pixie Dust I really love is Bar.  Because it is so neutral on me it just looks like my fingers dipped in quartz.  Ugh so much love.  It might be the first polish I get to the bottom of outside of the cheap whites I use for undies.  The others just don't do it for me.

Speaking of not doing it for me: I didn't take pics but I have Yuna on right now, that I borrowed from a friend.  In all the pictures I see online (part of why I didn't bother with pics) the bronze shimmer seems really prominent.  From a distance, the bronze + gray just look like a weird army green.  It just doesn't have the same impact it does from closeup pictures/lightbox pictures.

I have a friend who is a polish collector and we were arguing about our favorite swatchers online.  She loves ones that make the colors look like art--I like ones that make polish look like they are going to look if I put them on my hands  :rolleyes:
That's good to know about Yuna, it was next on my "must buy now!" list but I think I'll pass if the shimmer isn't prominent. 

Thanks everyone for the pictures and advice! I have Binx and OPI Teenage Dream, which I think are close enough colorwise to Arlo and Lux to make me not want to chance the craziness of magical pixies. I have several regular pixies that I love but they are all similar colors to the ones I don't have so for once I'm going to let a sale go by without buying anything! 

Some Zoya oranges, index to ring finger: Myrta, Channing, and Penny.

Oranges rt*.jpgOranges lt1*.jpg

Zoya is one of my favorite brands.  I am wearing Maya, a nice spring like coral, even though there is still about 18 inches of snow outside my window here in Northern Wisconsin.  

I found a bottle of Monet on clearance at Ulta last week, and if there's anything I love more than polish it's clearance polish!  I layered it over black and OMG is it gorgeous!  I think it might be my new favorite combo.

Zoya is one of my favorite brands.  I am wearing Maya, a nice spring like coral, even though there is still about 18 inches of snow outside my window here in Northern Wisconsin.  
Still? What do you mean still? Isn't it going to get even colder? I've been griping about the terrible tomato harvest this year, but we don't have snow yet... yikes!

And welcome to the forum! We always love to see pictures here in addition to the lovely polish feedback, if you can manage to do them. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here is Zoya Stevie with no topcoat. I'm enjoying the texture! My nails look like they're really of different lengths - it's just the photo angle; but I did file them down a bit recently.

Stevie rt1*.jpgStevie lt5*.jpg

What?  Snow?  Seriously?  My family back in Wisco didn't tell me that, seems so early to have snow already!

I found a bottle of Monet on clearance at Ulta last week, and if there's anything I love more than polish it's clearance polish!  I layered it over black and OMG is it gorgeous!  I think it might be my new favorite combo.
I love the Monet topper over black or dark polishes too - super pretty!  I got Monet in the spring and I was so stoked about it, but I've only worn it a few times because it's a b***h to get off.  But I recently got that Julep Party's Over Glitter Remover kit and that is going to help a lot.

I passed on the Zoya BOGO kind of because I couldn't make up my mind.  I've been so in the mood for deep red/cranberry/wine/oxblood ect. and they have so many lovely ones, so I kept googling swatches trying to compare and then I gave up.  At the last minute I decided I did want to order, but I was too late by a 1/2 hour!  Oh well, next time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I really want Maria Louisa next.

I love the Monet topper over black or dark polishes too - super pretty!  I got Monet in the spring and I was so stoked about it, but I've only worn it a few times because it's a b***h to get off.  But I recently got that Julep Party's Over Glitter Remover kit and that is going to help a lot.
I recently read on another thread somewhere here that a dryer sheet is good to get glitter off.  I haven't gotten to try it yet but that would be awesome if true.  

You are so right about removing it!  I took it off on Sunday and it was a giant pain in the ass.  It even seemed worse that most of my other glitters.  I use the Target brand dip it remover and it still took forever.  I think next time I wear it I will just be prepared to do the tin foil removal method.

This is Zoya Naomi. I'm always really curious what the older nudes look like, and what they look like compared to the newer ones and each other. This is not a comparison, but I thought others might be curious too. Apologies, it's not the greatest swatch - I should have waited more between thinner coats to get a non-globby finish. :rolleyes: A couple of lighting conditions; there will be a few more with stamping.

Zoya Naomi rt1.jpgDSCN5496 - Version 2.jpg

I was wearing Zoya Muse but it peeled right off.  I had the same problem with Binx.  I got Muse on clearance at Ulta and was going to pick up Stasi next week but I might not now.  Anyone else have any problems with the Bubbly collection???

On a happy note I got Nori yesterday I'll be posting pics of that as soon as I paint my nails.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wearing Zoya Muse but it peeled right off.  I had the same problem with Binx.  I got Muse on clearance at Ulta and was going to pick up Stasi next week but I might not now.  Anyone else have any problems with the Bubbly collection???

On a happy note I got Nori yesterday I'll be posting pics of that as soon as I paint my nails.
I wonder whether they did something to them to make them more easily removable? I don't have them, so I wouldn't know, but that does sound strange.. then again, otherwise many are complaining about how difficult glitters are to remove!

I got Binx but I haven't worn it yet.  I got it late summer and it just didn't feel right for that season, so I'm saving it to use maybe under the Zoya Jellies as a layered glitter mani.  Sad to hear you're having problems!

ZOYATREATS gets you 3 polishes for $15 through midnight EST today! 
I saw that code but resisted the urge to get anything even though I totally want the matte collection and several from the Entice/Ignite collection.  With shipping the polishes still came out to $7.50 a bottle, so I'll wait for a better sale!

I saw that code but resisted the urge to get anything even though I totally want the matte collection and several from the Entice/Ignite collection.  With shipping the polishes still came out to $7.50 a bottle, so I'll wait for a better sale!
Yeah, I'm really looking forward to Black Friday sales - I hope there will be a good one, and @@kaitlin1209 please do post it here; it helps to remind me!

Latest posts

Back