Zoya Polish! What are you wearing right now?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made my Earth Day order today!

Got Faith, Hope, Charity, Monet, Vanessa, Jade, Neely, & Destiny. Vanessa's going to my hairstylist, & Jade's going to 1 of my best friends. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Hmm Faith, Hope, Charity... poetic ordering of polishes. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have a question for those of you who use Zoya often. Is there any advantage to using Zoya's base coat and top coat rather than other brands with your Zoya polish?
I'm sorry I didn't respond about this sooner - I thought I had. I have the base and top coat but haven't found based on a bit of experience with them that there is a major advantage to using them with Zoya polish over other good base and top coats. There's maybe a lower chance of bubbling, but that's about it. I usually don't have the patience to wait for Zoya Armor to dry, so I'll sometimes use it and top it with a fast-dry topcoat anyway. Other times I'll bypass Armor and just use the fast-dry. For me, polishes last fairly well, so I might be comparing two days of wear with minor chipping to four days of wear with minor chipping (well, I guess that is double), and the chipping is due to my soft nail corners more than the polish. The main part of the mani will last for over a week - I usually will just touch up corners if I want to wear it longer than a few days. Honestly I've never done a super-official test. The thing that makes the biggest difference for me on the quality and longevity of a mani is actually using a gel polish as my base for regular polish. I have a habit of doing that, and it also keeps my nails from breaking. For shimmery Zoyas, or holos of any sort, I would say they look OK on my slightly rough nails, and fantastic on the smooth gel. A ridge-filling base coat, like Zoya's Get Even, can also do that, but it doesn't give my nails the extra reinforcement the gel polish does.

If you have the patience to use a regular top coat, I say go for it. Otherwise, I'd just use a fast-dry top coat and not worry about getting Armor unless you're specifically having issues with Zoya manis lasting.

I thought Zoya Taylor would be much more yellow based on online swatches, but here it is on me. I added some dotting in Brigitte and Odette, plus an OPI silver. This is topped with Poshé.

Taylor dots lt fl.jpgTaylor dots rt fl.jpg

I can't wait for Zoya to have another Bogo sale or a really great sale on the new magical pixies. They are so pretty.

I can't wait for Zoya to have another Bogo sale or a really great sale on the new magical pixies. They are so pretty.
I just got an email offer for the new pixies.  Free standard shipping if you buy all 3 and you get a coupon for a free polish with your next order and a fee 8 oz Zoya Remove flip top remover with the trio.  Code MAGICAL and avail until 06/04 11:59 PM EST.  I wish I had an extra $30 and I would JUMP all over that!!!

@@Christa W I got the email and thought the same thing. I was hoping they would have did a mini set like the spring pixies. I think it was $12 and included a mini remove. I do love their nail polish remover. I am currently out but I will just have to wait for a better sale.

I'm currently wearing Rue as a base on the thumb and middle finger nails, with a bunch of other stuff. Rue showed such promise, but I'm a bit disappointed with how it looks on me. It's more purple than I expected. I think it is very flattering on folks with very pale complexions, but with my developing summer tan on what I would call fair but not pale skin, there is not enough contrast. I thought I would like Rue more, and Taylor [not here] less, than I do! Chantal [only held here, 1st photo] is lovely, but thin in opacity compared to all the others in the Naturel set. Normani and Odette [held in 2nd photo] are both great, and they even work for stamping! Here Normani is stamped on the middle and ring fingers, and Odette on the rest. These are under two lighting contexts so you can really see what the colours are like.

View attachment 2614
View attachment 2629

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if the is the right tread to post this, but I couldn't find anything else, and I didn't want to start a new thread...

right now Zoya offers three free shades, you just have to pay $12 for shipping and handling. Seems like a really good deal  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. There are some restrictions, but I'm under impression that Pixi Dust collection is eligible for this offer. I was really tempted to get Godiva, but decided to restock on my beloved nudes/neutrals/pastels. Godiva went to my wish list for now.

see their blog for promo details. 

Not sure if the is the right tread to post this, but I couldn't find anything else, and I didn't want to start a new thread...

right now Zoya offers three free shades, you just have to pay $12 for shipping and handling. Seems like a really good deal  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. There are some restrictions, but I'm under impression that Pixi Dust collection is eligible for this offer. I was really tempted to get Godiva, but decided to restock on my beloved nudes/neutrals/pastels. Godiva went to my wish list for now.

I think the code is THREEDOM.

I'm torn bc I want to order but I have no idea what colors I want! 

I just bought Godiva and got Sooki free a few weeks ago.  I ordered Charla, Binx and Ginny in this promo.  So much for my no buy.

Godiva is beautiful, I certainly do recommend it!

I just bought Godiva and got Sooki free a few weeks ago.  I ordered Charla, Binx and Ginny in this promo.  So much for my no buy.
I think I'm gonna go with Binx too, it looks so pretty and would be great to layer with the jellies I finally picked up from them - Katherine, Paloma, and Frida.  Can't wait to try out some jelly glitter manis!

I also ordered.  Thinking ahead to fall with Blair and Kalista.  Also ordered Neveah.

Well, I just ordered Goldie, Blaze, and my favorite...Sailor! My husband will roll his eyes at this order, I really don't need more fingernail polish, I just gave away about 75% of my collection (due to moving). :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Lol, I hear you. Being on no buy is tough. You have to reward yourself for that :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Godiva is beautiful, I certainly do recommend it!
I agree, it's on my wishlist for future purchases

I think the code is THREEDOM.

I'm torn bc I want to order but I have no idea what colors I want! 
yep, it is. 

I was torn, because I wanted everything, lol. But, I believe the code can be used only once.

Back