-->

Welcome to MakeupTalk

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to MakeupTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of MakeupTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Sponsor

Recent Images In This Topic/Thread

No Images in this topic
Photo

Why do people think ear gauges are so gross?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#Post 1 of 90 OFFLINE   BloodMittens

BloodMittens

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Joined 15-June 07
Reviews

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:45 PM

I've noticed since the yeaaaaaarsssss back when I gauged my ears, that a lot more kids and teens are doing it now and growing up around it as a part of their certain "style". When I first started stretching my earlobes, there was no real "right" or "healthy" way of doing it. I just stuck the plugs in and bled. But now it's a huge thing that 14 year olds are going to tattoo shops with their parents to get their ear gauged.

I work at Victoria's Secret, and I am allowed to have my earlobes stretched and everything, I just have to hide them behind my hair, which is easy. But I had a new girl come up to me the other day and express how grossed out she was by my earlobes being stretched, but the other day I heard her talking about how she has her privates peirced. So where does she have room to talk?
Vegetarian. Makeup Artist. Photographer. MAC Pro. Dita Von Teese is my idol. Gloomy Bear.
My life = Fun, Sober, Friends, Fiance.
Check out my makeup for sale
http://www.makeuptal....ml#post1078876

#Post 2 of 90 OFFLINE   Manda

Manda

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  • Joined 28-December 06
Reviews

Posted 27 June 2007 - 07:15 PM

Eww yeah, I think a clit piercing is WAY grosser than stretched earlobes. Then again I don't mind stretched ears, I like to poke my finger through my friends...ear sex lol
Follow me on Twitter @markgirlManda

#Post 3 of 90 OFFLINE   katnahat

katnahat

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Joined 20-March 07
Reviews

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:04 PM

I am no fan of either. I feel it could be hurtful or unsightly in the "retirement" years of life.
Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice.
Kat ^-^

Hatter!

#Post 4 of 90 OFFLINE   StereoXGirl

StereoXGirl

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,495 posts
  • Joined 09-August 06
Reviews

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:09 PM

Dang! I'm not into piercings "down there." lol.

I don't mind gauged ears, though. I actually kind of like how it looks. My only negative thought would be that they might not want gauged ears once they get old. But that's entirely up to them whether they'd mind it or not.

#Post 5 of 90 OFFLINE   Jessica

Jessica

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts
  • Joined 13-November 06
Reviews

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by katnahat View Post
I am no fan of either. I feel it could be hurtful or unsightly in the "retirement" years of life.
I agree....i'm not a fan of either piercings but i have my nose pierced and none of my friends seem to like it. So to each his own i guess. Actually the ear lobe stretching only bothers me when theyre really hanging down

#Post 6 of 90 OFFLINE   Bexy

Bexy

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts
  • Joined 10-May 07
Reviews

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:14 PM

I am a to each their own kind of person. I would not want them personally since I may not want them when I am older. But I do not think they are gross. I hear a lot of people that think that tattoos are gross but I like them.

#Post 7 of 90 OFFLINE   MindySue

MindySue

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts
  • Joined 18-February 07
Reviews

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:16 PM

Why, because it looks gross..I did it. It just IS gross..a big hole. sorry. I cant really talk I did it myself but I regret it.

#Post 8 of 90 OFFLINE   BloodMittens

BloodMittens

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
  • Joined 15-June 07
Reviews

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by MindySue View Post
Why, because it looks gross..I did it. It just IS gross..a big hole. sorry. I cant really talk I did it myself but I regret it.
Mine is only a 0g. So it's not even that big, and I can take them out whenever I want and they will go back to their original size

PARTAH!

I just hate when people are hypocrites about piercings. <3
Vegetarian. Makeup Artist. Photographer. MAC Pro. Dita Von Teese is my idol. Gloomy Bear.
My life = Fun, Sober, Friends, Fiance.
Check out my makeup for sale
http://www.makeuptal....ml#post1078876

#Post 9 of 90 OFFLINE   emily_3383

emily_3383

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,286 posts
  • Joined 29-October 05
Reviews

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:31 PM

I dont think its gross but then again i dont live in a small town. Alot of people have those piercings and i could careless.

#Post 10 of 90 OFFLINE   Aprill

Aprill

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,482 posts
  • Joined 09-January 07
Reviews

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:43 PM

I dont think that they are gross, but they are very unprofessional and childish for particular professions. On the streets, to each his own; in a bank, in a hospital, law firm, ect, it is not nice.

#Post 11 of 90 OFFLINE   MissMudPie

MissMudPie

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts
  • Joined 19-August 06
Reviews

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by Aprill849 View Post
I dont think that they are gross, but they are very unprofessional and childish for particular professions. On the streets, to each his own; in a bank, in a hospital, law firm, ect, it is not nice.
I agree.

#Post 12 of 90 OFFLINE   Manda

Manda

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts
  • Joined 28-December 06
Reviews

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:03 PM

Have any of you seen that Dr. 90210 episode where the guy stretched his lobe out so much that it ripped?? *shudders* eewwww, now thats when it gets gross! I think 0g is fine, but when they get TOO big it starts looking funky, but hey if that's what you're [they're] into, go for it, ya know?
Follow me on Twitter @markgirlManda

#Post 13 of 90 OFFLINE   jdepp_84

jdepp_84

Compulsive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts
  • Joined 15-April 05
Reviews

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Manda View Post
Have any of you seen that Dr. 90210 episode where the guy stretched his lobe out so much that it ripped?? *shudders* eewwww, now thats when it gets gross! I think 0g is fine, but when they get TOO big it starts looking funky, but hey if that's what you're [they're] into, go for it, ya know?
I agree, too big well mmm....but I think it aslo depends on the person, some guys at my school have them super big and they actually look real nice. But others...I think it goes with the personality, know what I mean? I don't think they are gross, I think they are actually neat. My mom hates them but then again she's old and has different views. As far as the chick having a clit piercing....she's just stupid
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping him up."

#Post 14 of 90 OFFLINE   LilDee

LilDee

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts
  • Joined 29-March 06
Reviews

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Manda View Post
Eeek! Eeww, Eewww! I was not prepared to read that right now

#Post 15 of 90 OFFLINE   magosienne

magosienne

Obsessed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,321 posts
  • Joined 02-May 06
Reviews

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:43 PM

i don't mind, though i prefer the smaller ones, i can't help but think the bigger it is, the more it's hurting.

#Post 16 of 90 OFFLINE   babyangel

babyangel

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Joined 16-March 07
Reviews

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:01 PM

It doesn't suit everyone. Some people totally rock it though.

Babyangel.

Life is an adventure to take, to taste, to love and to live!

#Post 17 of 90 OFFLINE   Bec688

Bec688

Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,356 posts
  • Joined 04-July 06
Reviews

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:02 PM

I'm not a fan of ear gauging, but that's my personal opinion. It can look great on some people and if you're happy with it, then great That was extremely rude of that girl to come up to you and say that, if she doesn't like it, then fine, but she should keep her mouth shut and her opinions to herself. There's no need to be nasty.

#Post 18 of 90 OFFLINE   Princess Jen

Princess Jen

Trainee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Joined 30-June 07
Reviews

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:43 PM

I have my ears gauged to about an 8.
[[too scared to go any farther]]
and people dont tend to notice, but when they do its about a 50/50 reaction. Some people thing its fascinating and other go... EEEEEEEEEEEEEW. haha.
Earlobe streaching is pretty sweet though.
<3
"She's dressed to kill, I don't know what to wear!"[[Let's set the stage on fire, Hollywood will be jealous]]

#Post 19 of 90 OFFLINE   kellianne76

kellianne76

Aficionado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts
  • Joined 09-March 05
Reviews

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Aprill849 View Post

#Post 20 of 90 OFFLINE   sooner_chick

sooner_chick

Buff

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Joined 11-September 05
Reviews

Posted 30 June 2007 - 07:15 PM

I'm not a fan of ear gauging, or a private piercing, the big holes in the lobes do look unusual. I do like tattoes. To each their own.
Optimist And Philosopher