Why do people think ear gauges are so gross?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha, I have a funny story about that..

A guy was doing teaching work experience, where you do a whole semester for free as part of your degree.

The guy had ear gauges and after a week of working there, the principal noticed them and said, you'll have to take them out, they might scare the kids.

So the next day the guy turns up with the gauges taken out, and his ears all stretched and long, and the kids completely freak out! the principal ended up asking him to put them back in, LOL.

Frankly i couldn't care less about ear gauges. They wouldn't suit me and I wouldn't get them done, but I think they look good on some people. They don't gross me out and I'd certainly never criticise anyone's piercings to their face! how rude!

and wth, this girl has a clit piercing??? I guess she thinks its different because it's not visible on a daily basis, but I think she's silly.

i dont think its gross when its not too big but the clit one i imagine would hurt lik ehell. i cant even think about it !

i want to have a nose piercing but i have heard ppl waking up withit in their mouth coz they got sucked in during their sleep

i guess i can always find a lil sth and stick it to my nos with glue
biggrin.gif

like i don't think that gauging your ear is grosse because it like any other style i got my ear gauged. but dont exagerate like bigger then 5o that just F***ed up

Originally Posted by Manda /img/forum/go_quote.gif Have any of you seen that Dr. 90210 episode where the guy stretched his lobe out so much that it ripped?? *shudders* eewwww, now that's when it gets gross! I think 0g is fine, but when they get TOO big it starts looking funky, but hey if that's what you're [they're] into, go for it, ya know? yes i saw that episode and YES it was gross, after he got his ears fixed he wanted to stretch them out again
wtf.gif
i do like ear gauges and genital piercings as long as its done in moderation.

I do not like any body modifications. I don't condemn anyone for doing it though.

For the record, I've heard insurance won't pay for any medical needs from having these done as it is considered cosmetic.

Gauged ears are hot!
smile.gif
You shouldn't care what anyone thinks (If that's even the case).

And that girl who made a comment to you is a moron.

There's people who give me looks and such because of my piercings but I really don't care. The most looks i get from is the older people but they still think it's the 1970's.

I don't see there being anything wrong with it though and I don't see why we have to "HIDE" them. Everyone is going to have their own opinion about ANYTHING and everything. Everyone has their own style. It's the 21st century. People need to just get over it. (But i doubt that'll happen
smile.gif
)

because it has been glamorized and made into some sort of "scenestar" accessory. I personally think it looks sexy on some guys but everyone who is anyone has their ears stretched. Its kinda like the septum piercing..its not gross but everyone has it so you just get really tired of seeing it. This is just what I think.

Hmmm.... I dunno what to say. I've seen some ears where the hole was so damned huge, the hole was almost as big as the ear. To me, it's more "freaky" looking than anything. I say to each his own! Do what you like, how you like. As for the clit piercing, well... I couldn't do it. I went with my friend to have hers done, and it hurt me watching a needle down there (I was standing on her side further back so I didn't see him actually pierce it), but knowing the needle was there... OW! Again, to each his own! It's not my ear, so why should I let it bother me?

And now I feel really old cuz I had no idea what the hell yall were talking about until I googled it. LOL.

I don't like it, but I don't judge people for it either. I do NOT like a lot of piercings in general so i guess I am a bad person to ask..

I'm a big believer in expressing yourself any way you want. I really cant get over that girl commenting so rudely on your ears and then saying her clit is pierced !

Originally Posted by KellyB /img/forum/go_quote.gif And now I feel really old cuz I had no idea what the hell yall were talking about until I googled it. LOL. Im the same Kelly, don't know what we would do without google.
Im of the opinion that what ever body mods you do to yourself is a personal thing and other people should respect you for your life choices.

Having said that I am not a fan of it but if I were to meet someone who has had it done, it does not worry or affect me in the slightest.

Nothing wrong with piercings however I don't find all piercings cute. I don't think stretched earlobes or private piercings (OUCH) are gross either. I just don't find them cute; just not my taste. I have piercings in my ears and a belly ring though and I would get my tongue pierced.

Back