Why do people think ear gauges are so gross?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a piercing on my cartilage (sp?) and I think is a very beautiful thing being able to pass through the pain of piercing somewhere on your body.

I don't that this co-worker should have minded your business.

I don't think they are gross. If they are too big then do are a bit. I think 1 or smaller than that are ok. Any bigger is ugly.

Originally Posted by BloodMittens /img/forum/go_quote.gif Mine is only a 0g. So it's not even that big, and I can take them out whenever I want and they will go back to their original size
biggrin.gif

PARTAH!

I just hate when people are hypocrites about piercings. <3

wrong, sorry but the "point of no return" i would say is size 0, which, sadly, is your size. so if later on you don't want gauged ears anymore, you need plastic surgery to restore them to there original size.

hmmm i tend to agree with Aprill's comment which goes back to 2007. You really can't have a gauge piercing and expect to be taken seriously in the business world or a hospital setting for instance. I have never seen even one in any of those places. Same for tattoos on the neck or face, or other facial piercing.

Small Nose piercings seem to be an exception for some reason.

and there will be comments, even if noone (except in the case of this coworker) says anything directly to you people will always make comments.

As much as i dont think genital piercings are at all attractive at least this girl doesn't have it on display except to whomever she chooses to show it too.

I can really be 50/50 on this one. I don't think she had any right to say anything to you....everybody is differant and has a differant style its what makes people interesting, the world would be sooo blah if we were all interested in the same sort of things. That being said I would never personally do it. When I was 15 I got a few really bad tattoos because it was the "in" thing to do, over the years I have had to get coverups and now I regret it, I have one on my arm that I can't cover in the summer when I wear a tank top. I'm looking into getting them removed at least one (I have 7 total) but its expensive! I'm not saying I dislike tattoos but I do regret where I got the tattoo. I now stick to styles that I can change if I want with out a expense.

I went out of my way to create a makeuptalk account JUST to tell you EXACTLY why people think ear gauges are gross
policeman.gif

But i think the following picture says it all.

http ://

i4.bebo

.com/044a/1/mediuml/2008/08/13/14/666

6933585a8625674815ml.jpg

Like some of the previous comments said, the tiny ones don't disturb me at all, because they are just like regular piercings and unnoticeable
lol.gif

But when they are the size of a foot hanging from your ear...it gets kind of.....gross XD

I understand people (mostly caucasian) feel the need to express their sense of culture and rocker ways or watever
rockwoot.gif
but those sick ear gauge things are just...disturbing XD nothing personal

~Hoping you appreciate my reply
whistling.gif

Holy cats! If this guy's head looks this way, I can only imagine what he does to his genitals.

Uhh...on second thought, maybe I shouldn't...

I agree with Mizzyme. Of course everyone has the right to do what they want with their body and no one should be insulted or discriminated against because of the way they look, though unfortunately it happens. I have 3 tatoos, one visible and it's the only one a regret because it can be seen most of the time. I can see people glancing at it and I feel like I'm being judged. Even though some people are just curious, some really are judging. I wish I hadn't done something so permanent and I know I'm only going to feel sillier the older I get. This is just the way I feel though and I hope other body modifiers always love and are proud of their body art.

I like certain piercings and tatoos. These can all be done tastefully and delicately. I would like one on my ankle but I've not had the courage to do so. I have a few ear piercings and would like a nose piercing. I don't think this is something extreme and I doubt someone at work is going to judge me based on it. The photo above however makes me questions where would someone like that work?

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif The photo above however makes me questions where would someone like that work? My feelings exactly! Tattoos and piercing may be more socially acceptable these days but employers are the ones making the call. School districts around here do not allow visible tattoos or piercings for any applicant.
Like it or not if you look like the guy above you will get judged. Hey he may be a nice guy or really smart but I'm sorry if you look like that you will NEVER get a chance.

i think both ear gauging and clit piercings are just way too extreme. that kind of scares

me.

My boyfriend and I saw him at Taco Bell! MONTHS after seeing him on google. It was really weird. But anyways, he's down-gauging his ear and nose gauges. So they're not this huge anymore.

Originally Posted by BloodMittens /img/forum/go_quote.gif Mine is only a 0g. So it's not even that big, and I can take them out whenever I want and they will go back to their original size
biggrin.gif

PARTAH!

I just hate when people are hypocrites about piercings. <3

My 16 year old daughter has gauges also. Our agreement is that she cannot go beyond 0. People dont realize that up to that point, they will close up and you'll never know they ever had gauges. There's ALOT of misconception about them.

I won't do it myself mainly because I'm scared of what people would think one, and two I can't do it at the office. However, I find it very sexy. I love to see men with them and I do not think it looks gross in anyway. Petrilude looks handsome with his
smile.gif

laughing.gif
If you like em, don't sweat it, everyone has their own personal style and self preferences!

Personally I do not like guages, they are unprofessional and tacky. It is something you do when you are and i am sure will regret as you get older. I think of what kind of message i would be sending my kids then.

Back