A Midsummer Night's Dream 2014: The Reveal Thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have I ever mentioned what my mom used to do in the fall?  She would get those caramel sheets intended for wrapping caramel apples and sandwich them between two thin layers of Rice Krispie treats.  The stores around here only had the sheets in the fall back then (I think they're a year-round thing now), so it was very much a seasonal thing for us.

Have I ever mentioned what my mom used to do in the fall? She would get those caramel sheets intended for wrapping caramel apples and sandwich them between two thin layers of Rice Krispie treats. The stores around here only had the sheets in the fall back then (I think they're a year-round thing now), so it was very much a seasonal thing for us.
That sounds so good. Also, I have never seen caramel sheets. They sound amazing, I love all things caramel. Are they a local thing?

That sounds so good. Also, I have never seen caramel sheets. They sound amazing, I love all things caramel. Are they a local thing?
They're definitely not a local thing. I have found them in many areas. I usually see them in the produce section.

Not sure if anyone remembers from my ModMother reveal, but the great and glorious @@slinka sent me a $15 gift card to Shiro Cosmetics, and after weeks of agonizing, I placed my order!

niccagenibblingpetitfoursinaposhvictoriantearoom1-380x380.jpg

Nic Cage Nibbling Petit Fours in a Posh Victorian Tearoom - Full Size

niccagechurningbutteronecrispthanksgivingmorn1-380x380.jpg

Nic Cage Churning Butter One Crisp Thanksgiving Morn - Sample Size in a Clamshell

agirlandacat1-380x380.jpg

A Girl and A Cat - Tinted Balm (Looks scary, but it's a nice berry color on the model)

Total came to exactly $15, and I paid the $2.75 shipping (didn't know if the gift card would cover shipping, and I thought it was fate when I got the cart to $15!)  Now the long wait, as there's a 2 week turnaround time (TAT) for order fulfillment! AND THEN I WILL HAVE MY PRETTIES OH YES I WILL.

And my Nic Cage Doing the Charleston in a Bustling Speakeasy (from @@meaganola ) and Nic Cage Nibbling Petit Fours in a Posh Victorian Tearoom will be BEST FRIENDS FOREVER. 

Last edited by a moderator:
They're definitely not a local thing. I have found them in many areas. I usually see them in the produce section.
Huh..I have never seen or even heard of this before.  It sounds delicious.  I thought maybe I was just being dense so I asked my boyfriend when I got home from work and he had never heard of this either.  He thought I was talking about something I wanted to invent..hahah!  I'll have to ask my mom next.  I'm so puzzled!

Not sure if anyone remembers from my ModMother reveal, but the great and glorious @@slinka sent me a $15 gift card to Shiro Cosmetics, and after weeks of agonizing, I placed my order!

Nic Cage Churning Butter One Crisp Thanksgiving Morn - Sample Size in a Clamshell

A Girl and A Cat - Tinted Balm (Looks scary, but it's a nice berry color on the model)

Total came to exactly $15, and I paid the $2.75 shipping (didn't know if the gift card would cover shipping, and I thought it was fate when I got the cart to $15!)  Now the long wait, as there's a 2 week turnaround time (TAT) for order fulfillment! AND THEN I WILL HAVE MY PRETTIES OH YES I WILL.

And my Nic Cage Doing the Charleston in a Bustling Speakeasy (from @@meaganola ) and Nic Cage Nibbling Petit Fours in a Posh Victorian Tearoom will be BEST FRIENDS FOREVER. 
I have had my eye on A Girl and A Cat.  It looks like such a pretty color.  Once I make a Shiro order it will be mine. 

Is it weird that I just want those glosses for the hilarious pics of Nicolas Cage?  Those are beyond hilarious!!!  I need them.  I want to get the Nicolas Cage Raking Fall Leaves eye pigment too.  Everyone needs a little Nic Cage hilariousness in their lives right?

Speaking of Nicolas Cage, I watched National Treasure with my 3 girls yesterday.  My 9 & 11 year old LOVED it (we've been to all the cool historical sites in the movie this year) & my 6 year old thought it was the most boring movie she's ever seen in her life.  ha ha ha.

you guys!!!!!!  I'm so lucky. I have the best fairy god child ever!!!! not only was she a dream to shop for bur look what i got in the mail yesterday!!!  @@lovepink is the sweetest person!!! I'm so thankful for her thoughtfulness!

2014-07-31 13.07.47.jpg

Look at all these pretties!!!!

2014-07-31 13.09.38.jpg

everything was wrapped all pretty with notes about everything. 

2014-07-31 13.11.03.jpg

Nail tools. those are toe separators are super cute

2014-07-31 13.12.34.jpg

I love sephora X nail polish. This set was on my wish list!

2014-07-31 13.13.05.jpg

Rainbow honey july mystery bag.   sadly my husband lost his job a couple months ago and still hasn't found anything so i had to cut my subs back and this was one of the last ones i cut since i loved it so much.  I was so happy to get this because i really wanted julys colors but just could not make it work in my budget. I cried when i saw it.

2014-07-31 13.14.34.jpg

this is the cutest makeup bag ever!!!! 

2014-07-31 13.15.09.jpg

Also super cute kitty tote bag i love love love it!!  I so have a bag addiction.

2014-07-31 13.15.53.jpg

Lush shower jelly need I say more???? I'm super excited to try this

2014-07-31 13.16.58.jpg

bath and body works gelato candle.  Back when I was FGM stalking she posted this on her instagram and i really wanted to smell it now i have one of my own and it smells like heaven.

2014-07-31 13.17.54.jpg

these were a few of her favorite things  and mine too!!! Zoya is my favorite nail polish ever I have been dieing to try out their bubbly collection! and 2 pink eye shadows because we both know the importance of pink eye shadow!!!!

2014-07-31 13.18.58.jpg

Puppy and kitty treats!!!! another place our budget has been cut is in the pet treats area so i know they will love them.  also bonus my gus and molly being like stop taking pictures and just give us those treats already!!! 

2014-07-31 13.23.48.jpg

here are all my lovely gifts!!! I feel so spoiled! I can't wait to play with all my new nail polishes!!!  

Is it weird that I just want those glosses for the hilarious pics of Nicolas Cage?  Those are beyond hilarious!!!  I need them.  I want to get the Nicolas Cage Raking Fall Leaves eye pigment too.  Everyone needs a little Nic Cage hilariousness in their lives right?

Speaking of Nicolas Cage, I watched National Treasure with my 3 girls yesterday.  My 9 & 11 year old LOVED it (we've been to all the cool historical sites in the movie this year) & my 6 year old thought it was the most boring movie she's ever seen in her life.  ha ha ha.
I hate admitting this, but I find Nic Cage highly annoying (maybe because I prefer actors who can disappear into their roles, and I feel like every movie he's in is just "OH HAI I'M NIC CAGE AS WHOMEVER IN THIS MOVIE. BUT REALLY JUST NIC CAGE" and I find that irritating.  So stuffing him into a Victorian/Flapper dress just makes me giggle.  Oh and did you notice on the Raking Leaves pigment, there's a link to an Etsy shop (owned by the lady who suggested the CotM) with a PERFUME OIL that matches the pigment?  Flippin' hilarious!

(Oh and I did love him in The Croods. Maybe because I couldn't see his face?)

Huh..I have never seen or even heard of this before.  It sounds delicious.  I thought maybe I was just being dense so I asked my boyfriend when I got home from work and he had never heard of this either.  He thought I was talking about something I wanted to invent..hahah!  I'll have to ask my mom next.  I'm so puzzled!
They used to be called Wrapples (maybe they still are, lol). I can still hear the commercial jingle in my head...

I hate admitting this, but I find Nic Cage highly annoying (maybe because I prefer actors who can disappear into their roles, and I feel like every movie he's in is just "OH HAI I'M NIC CAGE AS WHOMEVER IN THIS MOVIE. BUT REALLY JUST NIC CAGE" and I find that irritating.  So stuffing him into a Victorian/Flapper dress just makes me giggle.  Oh and did you notice on the Raking Leaves pigment, there's a link to an Etsy shop (owned by the lady who suggested the CotM) with a PERFUME OIL that matches the pigment?  Flippin' hilarious!

(Oh and I did love him in The Croods. Maybe because I couldn't see his face?)
Oh man, you should hear the conversations my hubby & I have about Nic Cage.  We have even done little "plays" making fun of what movies would be like with Nic Cage in them because you're totally right.  Nic Cage can only be Nicolas Cage.  My favorite was my hubby showing me what Pirates of the Caribbean would be like if Nicolas Cage was cast as Captain Jack Sparrow.  I have tears of laughter in my eyes right now just thinking about it.  I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds it funny.  ha ha ha.

I had no idea he was in the Croods.  Is he the dad?  Now that I'm thinking about it, yup he has to be the dad.  The voice.  I'll never watch that movie the same again. . . nope I'll picture Nic Cage in a flapper dress or a tea & crumpet dress.  he he he.  REALLY need to make an order right now.

Yes! He's the dad!  And I'm watching The Croods with the kids RIGHT NOW!! (seriously, what would I do without Netflix?)  I totally heart Emma Stone (Easy A 4-ever!) and Ryan Reynolds, and it funny to hear their voice, have a name for their face, and reconcile that to their characters (which look VERY different!)

In fact, had one of those moments while watching Muppet Treasure Island last week.  An old pirate was talking and I *knew* his voice - it was the dad from Brave!  

I'm one of those people that sees a face/hears a voice and freaks out til I know where I've seen it before.  Yay for IMDB!  Used it last night to figure out that a guy from Witches of East End was on Buffy - A Long, Long Time Ago.

And I need to see this "Nic Cage as Jack Sparrow"!!! Sounds AWESOME.

Back