Birchbox: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so just an update on Box 3, the one with the Thymes Body lotion as a sample and a lifestyle extra. I talked to one of the nice BB customer service girls and she told me that the samples were put together by request of the Brand, to see which one sold better. I guess my question is, why wouldn't they do one of those double lifestyle things like they do with other boxes? Oh well, that's the story, just thought I'd share.

I got a box with the Thymes lotion...one bottle and one packet...if they really wanted to compare they would have put the same sizes (preferably bottles) instead of comparing apples to oranges.

If they truly wanted a comparison they should have atleast let us do feedback on both..instead of screwing us out of feedback points!

Originally Posted by jaimelesmots /img/forum/go_quote.gif

so just an update on Box 3, the one with the Thymes Body lotion as a sample and a lifestyle extra. I talked to one of the nice BB customer service girls and she told me that the samples were put together by request of the Brand, to see which one sold better. I guess my question is, why wouldn't they do one of those double lifestyle things like they do with other boxes? Oh well, that's the story, just thought I'd share.
Hi there!  I was wondering why there were 2 of the same brand in one box like that.  Seems lame to me.  Totally felt like Box 3 was a "punishment" box, did you?  Maybe it's because I haven't been completing product surveys as often as I should.  Whoops! 

If they truly wanted a comparison they should have atleast let us do feedback on both..instead of screwing us out of feedback points!
Yes. That. ^ I am ticked off about not getting to reviee the little foil packet. I mean, we are forced by Birchbox to review foil packets quite frequently, but we got 4 legit samples and then got screwed out of 10 points, basically. Just my opinion. I know it might be a little harsh, but I am quite ticked off about it. I got box 3 as well.

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes. That. ^ I am ticked off about not getting to reviee the little foil packet. I mean, we are forced by Birchbox to review foil packets quite frequently, but we got 4 legit samples and then got screwed out of 10 points, basically. Just my opinion. I know it might be a little harsh, but I am quite ticked off about it. I got box 3 as well.
I didn't get this box, but I completely agree with you ladies.  Especially because Birchbox said that the company that makes the lotion asked to have the two scents put together so that they could see which one sold better!  Wouldn't it have been better for the company if you could review both scents? That way they'd have accurate feedback on both the products they're wanting you to try, not just one.  Especially as it caused the majority of those who received the lotions to say they NEVER want to buy anything from this company again!

I hope BB comes to its senses and allows you all to review it.

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't get this box, but I completely agree with you ladies.  Especially because Birchbox said that the company that makes the lotion asked to have the two scents put together so that they could see which one sold better!  Wouldn't it have been better for the company if you could review both scents? That way they'd have accurate feedback on both the products they're wanting you to try, not just one.  Especially as it caused the majority of those who received the lotions to say they NEVER want to buy anything from this company again!

I hope BB comes to its senses and allows you all to review it.

I did tell the CS girl something similar to this, that it would have made more sense to be able to review both or something. She basically said she'd make a note and let marketing know that I didn't like the way it was set up and that I'd never get "the same sample twice" again. I liked the lotion, I just think BB could have thrown me another extra (fortune cookie?) or something to make the box worth it. I think it was a bad call on several accounts.

For those that got the Benefit Eye Cream, how are you getting the product out? I used my pinky at first to get a bit but now I have to go on an angle and my (short) nail touches... Ew. Months ago, Beauty army did little spatulas that I thought were dumb and I never got one.. Now that I have a tiny little pot of cream I wish I had it!

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those that got the Benefit Eye Cream, how are you getting the product out? I used my pinky at first to get a bit but now I have to go on an angle and my (short) nail touches... Ew.

Months ago, Beauty army did little spatulas that I thought were dumb and I never got one.. Now that I have a tiny little pot of cream I wish I had it!
I like to use a q-tip to get stuff out of little pots..works good!

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like to use a q-tip to get stuff out of little pots..works good!
This is what I do as well (and then the gray kitty tries to steal the Q-tips because he likes things he can carry around and flip in the air, but that's a whole different mess!).  

For those that got the Benefit Eye Cream, how are you getting the product out? I used my pinky at first to get a bit but now I have to go on an angle and my (short) nail touches... Ew. Months ago, Beauty army did little spatulas that I thought were dumb and I never got one.. Now that I have a tiny little pot of cream I wish I had it!
I actually saw a tiny beauty spatula at CVS the other day! I can't remember the brand, but there were a bunch of them hanging next to an end cap in the beauty department. It even has a little lip on one edge to get product from under the ridge of a bottle or screw-top container. I think it was like $2 or so.

This is what I do as well (and then the gray kitty tries to steal the Q-tips because he likes things he can carry around and flip in the air, but that's a whole different mess!).  
My grey kitty does the same thing!

I finally got my December birchbox I got box1 and im extremely happy with it.

bb box 1:

12 benefits instant healthy hair treatment

Emily's chocolate chocolate covered fortune cookies

Fresh citron de vigne rollerball

Sampar ultra hydrating Fluid

The Balm hot mama

The only thing that could have made this box better for me would have been mary lou manizer instead of hot mama.

This box was definitely an upgrade from my welcome box in November.

I bought the full size of the cc cream and after several consecutive days of trying it I think I am going to end up returning it. Goes on nice enough and skin feels good but the coverage is just not there. I found myself using twice as much as my regular BBs and still not getting anywhere near the coverage. I went back to one of my regulars today and that just clinched it. Sorry, Juice Beauty...I do like some of your products from this line, but this one is a fail for me. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I bought the full size of the cc cream and after several consecutive days of trying it I think I am going to end up returning it. Goes on nice enough and skin feels good but the coverage is just not there. I found myself using twice as much as my regular BBs and still not getting anywhere near the coverage. I went back to one of my regulars today and that just clinched it. Sorry, Juice Beauty...I do like some of your products from this line, but this one is a fail for me. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I was very disappointed with the coverage, too. Everything else was decent, but felt like I was putting moisturizer on my skin and not a very good tinted one lol. I'll be sticking to my BB cream for now.

Right! I just called for my return label. I would rather have the points back to use for something else I like but can't/won't typically otherwise afford (like the pricey Stem Cellular Moisturizer which I have sampled and really liked). I love that Birchbox has a good return policy.

Back