Birchbox: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by msdollfaced /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They are usually good about sending a replacement for damaged samples provided that they have it in stock. Be prepared to just receive points though because it seems nowadays they prefer to do that more often than sending stuff out. Email them! 
I sent them an email and they are sending me another one! Got to LOVE Birchbox customer service! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sadly, the NUXE mask I got in my Birchbox broke me out something fierce. Although I do have wonky skin that likes to get spotty on occasion, nothing I can recollect has ever been the cause of a breakout besides hormones and genetics, so the fact that this broke me out is pretty amazing. I'm sad because I was super excited to try NUXE. I still want to try their lip balm that all the Youtube gurus rave about, but it's $20. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm curious about Nuxe products, too. I tried the shimmer oil and loved it, perfect for summer. Put it on my hair and skin, now I want to try some other products by them. I wanted to get the balm, but I have so many to go through already.

Originally Posted by SamAsh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I sent them an email and they are sending me another one! Got to LOVE Birchbox customer service! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That's awesome! I'm glad you get to try it out after all 

this happened to me last month, i live in texas and it decided to go to memphis after it was in my town. It arrived late but i didnt think of it as a big deal since i was going to get it either way. My BB tends to come to texas and then go to memphis and come back ;/
Thats weird. The only reason I freaked out is because (1) I wanted them before christmas, so I could give my daughter some of the things in them, but mostly because in 11 months of receiving bb and multiple other subs, that has never happened to me, and I panicked. I worried that the wrong address was somehow put on my box. Now that I know they're actually here and I should (hopefully) get them today, I'm calm haha.
Mine went to Des Moines once. It said it was at the post office in Omaha, NE. Then later the same thing for Des Moines. I live in Council Bluffs, IA. Des Moines has a similar ZIP code.

Originally Posted by Missglammygirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

what did you get?
I ended up with Box 24

• Benefit it's potent! eye cream
  • Juliette Has A Gun Mad Madame
  • Number 4 Clarifying Shampoo
  • theBalm® cosmetics Hot Mama Shadow & Blush All-in-One
I'm very happy! 

Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So tell us what the perfume smells like! Nobody has said...
It's pretty and musky. Pachuli and rose. It lasts for a long time. It's kind of sexy! I really like it! I'm totally getting the sample pack to see if there's one I love more. My entire family kept sniffing me all day telling me they liked it!

Thank you! Now I want to try it even more! Maybe I will get lucky next month. Sounds wonderful! And if you do not like Citizen Queen when you get the sample pack, please think of me and my trade list, LOL! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

p.s. With your sense of humor, you will find that ordering the sample pack is totally worth it if only for the translated-to-English scent descriptions that accompany each vial!

Birchbox has some renewal codes:

join10monthly = 20 ($2) points with renewed sub join110annual = 220 ($22) with yearly sub   I'm still made at Birchbox for fucking up my review this month, so  I'm debating it. On the other hand, I still think BB is a good deal so I'll probably cave. Sigh

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Birchbox has some renewal codes:

join10monthly = 20 ($2) points with renewed sub join110annual = 220 ($22) with yearly sub   I'm still made at Birchbox for fucking up my review this month, so  I'm debating it. On the other hand, I still think BB is a good deal so I'll probably cave. Sigh
Anyone know if it is possible to renew even though my annual sub doesn't expire until april? 

Originally Posted by Jackieblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
p.s. With your sense of humor, you will find that ordering the sample pack is totally worth it if only for the translated-to-English scent descriptions that accompany each vial!
ooo, I had a hunch that would be fun. Looking forward to it!

So if I upgrade to a yearly subscription, do I get a welcome box or just continue as is? Dumb question, I know lol

Originally Posted by beautynewbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So if I upgrade to a yearly subscription, do I get a welcome box or just continue as is? Dumb question, I know lol
I think you get a regular box. Welcome boxes are usually for 'gift subscriptions". But if it's really important to you, I would email CS to be 100% sure.

I've had Birchbox for a while now (September 2011), so I don't know if they've changed it at all, but my first box was a regular box. I did just sign up for a gift subscription, which means I got two boxes in December and both were awesome. I feel so spoiled this month! I'm sure I'll get the short end of the stick next month though, lol.

Originally Posted by beautynewbie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just checked my account...I started BB in April 2011 on a monthly basis and upgraded to an annual account in March 2012...I received a regular box in April 2012...not a welcome box as if I was just starting...hope this helps :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back