Birchbox: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is the one at the Del Mar Highlands Town Center, but there's one in Encinitas and somewhere else I think, too! 
Ohhhh I will have to look for it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am working in Carlsbad now, so should be close!!!

I gifted myself a second BB and was unable to leave feedback for my welcome box.. so I called customer service and was told that feedback is not available on welcome boxes but that next month I could.
What a load of BS. I was able to leave feedback on my welcome box.
Yes, absolute BS. I got a welcome box in April, after I e-mailed Bb cs and they said I would get the themed box, and I was able to review the welcome box. I was pissed after I e-mailed them again and they said oh, you got a welcome box, that's how it's supposed to be, but all my products were reviewable, so I wasn't totally pissed off, just kinda.

Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I gifted myself a second BB and was unable to leave feedback for my welcome box.. so I called customer service and was told that feedback is not available on welcome boxes but that next month I could.
Is this new??

I gifted myself a BB this month (it was shipped the 28th of Nov) and could leave feedback on everything except the tili bag - just finished feedback yesterday as a matter of fact.  It did take a little while to update  - I received the box and had to wait a bit before the products actually showed on the bb page - but they did show up eventually and all feedback links (minus tili) were there then.  The picture still shows a generic bb box, but the products are listed individually below that.

Gifted my sister a sub back in Oct and she could leave feedback on all 3 of her boxes, too...

Finally got my box, which was switched from the one they originally had listed, nad I love it! Too bad I canceled this month after seeing how not-me the original box was. This one fits with my profile much better, and I'm super happy with it. Probably the best box yet! Now I'm contemplating resubbing. UGH. Birchbox.. how you tempt me!

Just have to vent. I put an order in on the 14th and got my shipping on the 17th but of course it took to the 19th to actually ship.. There is still zero update on it! It just shows that it departed the sort facility. Grrrrr I want to know where it's at!

So, I called USPS and their automated system says the numbers don't exist, awesome. Too long to wait to talk to someone. I call birchbox, get the whole "leave a vm" thing, then decide to send them an email. I sent them an email asking what was going on and why did my boxes (on both accounts) come into Boise, (which normally means I'd have them next day) then leave and go to Denver, CO. At the time I sent the email, they were being "Processed by Local Post Office" in Denver. I specifically asked if somehow they had put a wrong address on my boxes, and why would they go to Denver from Boise, when they belong here. I got a very quick, but canned response, which OF COURSE answered none of the questions I had asked.

Dana, Dec 22 02:11 pm (EST):

Hi Trish,

Thanks for writing in. I'm sorry for the trouble!

I see that your tracking information has updated since you reached out to us and your Birchbox should be in your care soon, as it shows as now being in Boise, ID. You can track that package here: http://www.ups-mi.net/packageID/PackageID.aspx?PID=9102969011966051382389

Please let me know if you need anything else. Have a great day and a happy holiday!

Best,

Dana
Birchbox | 877-487-7272 | @BirchboxOps

JUST LAUNCHED: Score exclusive freebies in the Birchbox Bonus Shop. http://birch.ly/SzrVT3

Still need holiday gift ideas? Check out our Holiday Shop. http://birch.ly/XFWfA4

I KNOW THAT!!! I CAN READ THE TRACKING INFO!!!! Yes, my boxes are now both BACK in Boise, but nothing I said to them was addressed, they just did exactly what I was doing anyway, checked the tracking and wrote back. My boxes were supposed to be delivered on the 20th. Its the 23rd and still no boxes. They are back in Boise, but really?! I'm HOPING that I get them on the 24th, or I'll be more upset than I am now. Sometimes CS can be awesome, and other times they just suck. Why bother replying when you're not going to answer anything I asked and just give me a tracking update?! Ugh.

icn_back_top.gif
Results for 9102969011966051382389                Help          
printer.jpg
Print
  PackageID:
Sequence Number:
Zip Code:
Weight (lbs.):
Projected Delivery Date:
Dec 20 2012

usps1.gif

Delivery Confirmation Information

Delivery Confirmation Number: 9102969011966051382389
Date/Time
Event Name
22 Dec 2012 03:29 Package processed by local post office
BOISE, ID 20 Dec 2012 04:10 Package processed by local post office
DENVER, CO 18 Dec 2012 06:50 Shipment Acceptance at PO
BOISE, ID 17 Dec 2012 11:02 Shipment Info Received by Post Office
TWIN FALLS, ID
Date
Description
Dec 17 2012 Package transferred to Post Office BOISE, ID Dec 17 2012 Ready for post office entry West Valley City, UT Dec 15 2012 Package transferred to dest MI facility Edgewood, NY Dec 14 2012 Package processed by Mail Innovations Edgewood, NY Dec 14 2012 Package received for processing Edgewood, NY

Enter Tracking Numbers

Originally Posted by Scooby384 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BB has nothing to do with USPS, or why/how your package goes where it goes...so there's really no answer they could give you on that.
Actually, they could have answered me, because as I said before, I specifically asked them if they had put my correct address on the box or if maybe my boxes were addressed incorrectly. They should be able to tell me whether they sent my boxes to the address on my accounts, I'm aware they have nothing to do with USPS but I was trying to make sure that Birchbox didn't screw up something before they went to USPS.  

I think the problem is that nobody seems to read, they just skim and pull out of it what they want, and then reply accordingly. I never said they could have answered what USPS was doing with my package, I said my question wasn't addressed, instead they sent me a tracking update.

Actually, they could have answered me, because as I said before, I specifically asked them if they had put my correct address on the box or if maybe my boxes were addressed incorrectly. They should be able to tell me whether they sent my boxes to the address on my accounts, I'm aware they have nothing to do with USPS but I was trying to make sure that Birchbox didn't screw up something before they went to USPS.   I think the problem is that nobody seems to read, they just skim and pull out of it what they want, and then reply accordingly. I never said they could have answered what USPS was doing with my package, I said my question wasn't addressed, instead they sent me a tracking update.
Sometimes you get better info by tracking it through USPS once it transfers over. If you enter your tracking number there, it says your package is in Caldwell. Hopefully that is where it should be?

Guys!!! My Juliette Has a Gun sample exploded all over me when I tried to open it.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Will Birchbox send another if I ask? I was REALLY looking forward to trying it out...

Originally Posted by spmblueeyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually, they could have answered me, because as I said before, I specifically asked them if they had put my correct address on the box or if maybe my boxes were addressed incorrectly. They should be able to tell me whether they sent my boxes to the address on my accounts, I'm aware they have nothing to do with USPS but I was trying to make sure that Birchbox didn't screw up something before they went to USPS.  

I think the problem is that nobody seems to read, they just skim and pull out of it what they want, and then reply accordingly. I never said they could have answered what USPS was doing with my package, I said my question wasn't addressed, instead they sent me a tracking update.
this happened to me last month, i live in texas and it decided to go to memphis after it was in my town. It arrived late but i didnt think of it as a big deal since i was going to get it either way. My BB tends to come to texas and then go to memphis and come back ;/

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else think the Modelco lip gloss was awful? The only thing I love about it is the mirror on the side. The scent is too strong and I'm not liking the fake strawberry smell. When I pull out the applicator little strings of gloss come out with it and get all over the screw top and drip. It has zero staying power. I've been wearing it for three days and I'm very unimpressed with this product. 

My sister got the better end of this deal - I swapped her an Apothederm face cream for this gloss. 
I got one in a swap last month, and I loved it -- but about a week or so ago, it started smelling weird.  Almost...  Metallic, maybe?  It could just be my nose (allergies and the lingering remnants of a cold, yay), but now I'm thinking it's just going to be used for the mirror.  I have a lot of glosses (just got the stila holiday set thanks to Birchbox points, plus Pixi stuff from LBB, plus a bunch of B&BW squeezy tube glosses, plus I don't know how many others I've forgotten about), so not using this one isn't much of a loss.

cancelled birchbox i almost couldn't do it! BUT on the plus side i purchased 2 stila eye shadow pallets and my dads Christmas present practically free!:DD

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just have to vent. I put an order in on the 14th and got my shipping on the 17th but of course it took to the 19th to actually ship.. There is still zero update on it! It just shows that it departed the sort facility. Grrrrr I want to know where it's at!
Mine still just says info received from the 11th. Sigh.

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally got my box, which was switched from the one they originally had listed, nad I love it! Too bad I canceled this month after seeing how not-me the original box was. This one fits with my profile much better, and I'm super happy with it. Probably the best box yet! Now I'm contemplating resubbing. UGH. Birchbox.. how you tempt me!
what did you get?

Originally Posted by SamAsh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Guys!!! My Juliette Has a Gun sample exploded all over me when I tried to open it.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Will Birchbox send another if I ask? I was REALLY looking forward to trying it out...
They are usually good about sending a replacement for damaged samples provided that they have it in stock. Be prepared to just receive points though because it seems nowadays they prefer to do that more often than sending stuff out. Email them! 

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sometimes you get better info by tracking it through USPS once it transfers over. If you enter your tracking number there, it says your package is in Caldwell. Hopefully that is where it should be?
definitely where it should be, just very late, but now I don't even need an answer from BB as to whether the wrong address was put on the box. I noticed that last night, because I do track both ways, especialy when it said it left Boise and went to Denver, I put the numbers in USPS and still said Denver :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> USPS was no help lol.

Originally Posted by diana16 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

this happened to me last month, i live in texas and it decided to go to memphis after it was in my town. It arrived late but i didnt think of it as a big deal since i was going to get it either way. My BB tends to come to texas and then go to memphis and come back ;/
Thats weird. The only reason I freaked out is because (1) I wanted them before christmas, so I could give my daughter some of the things in them, but mostly because in 11 months of receiving bb and multiple other subs, that has never happened to me, and I panicked. I worried that the wrong address was somehow put on my box. Now that I know they're actually here and I should (hopefully) get them today, I'm calm haha.

Latest posts

Back