Birchbox: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by messjess18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it just me, or are y'all ready for the spoilers?
smile.gif

What do you guys think will be in this months Birchbox?
I hope there are sparkly things that remind people of snowflakes! Or really I just like sparkly things lol

Originally Posted by Angelalh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i misread too, i was thinking you said the whole idea of lo/no pooing is disgusting

and about your state of hair i was trying to say you would understand if you had hair like mine
It's okay. I don't know why it bugged me so much yesterday. But you were actually right about my hair. The ends are damaged from over processing, but I have quite oily hair. Other than that, it's not very problematic, and I'm low maintenance with it. Co-washing doesn't sound like it'd be for me, but I don't doubt that it works for others. I wouldn't feel like my hair is getting clean if I only used conditioner, but again, that's just a personal quirk. My apologies for being a bit snippy (blame the PMS 
esel_tripmotz.gif
).

Definitely ready for some spoilers. I wonder what the theme will be. I'm trying to think of something I'd like to get in December's box, but I'm not really coming up with anything specific. A blush sample would be really nice. Maybe something along the lines of NARS Sin. I wouldn't complain if they sent more of those cute bath bombs out again, either!

Edit: Don't know if anyone's seen this yet, but it's about updating your beauty profile: http://blog.birchbox.com/post/16172972886/beauty-profile-key-to-finding-your-sample-match?utm_source=operations&utm_medium=email

Hi ladies,

Seeing who out there is in San Diego.  Trying to get together a opening/swap in person.  I have two of you already.  First one won't be until after the holidays.  (Unless we all get December really early & then maybe we could check out the Del all dressed up for Christmas & the Tuesday steal wine tasting I have been lusting to try!) Just trying to see who might be interested.  Send me a pm if you are. 

Speaking of iPads, I think birchbox should hire a developer and create an app or at least a mobile friendly website. I do everything on my phone and being able to check tracking, make reviews and shop from my phone would be great. Although people checking their tracking might go even more crazy. What are your thoughts?
Umm yea, mobile developers are so highly sought after, they are requiring salaries of upwards of 150k if they even decide to work for a company. Most of them do freelance mobile design and can charge absurd amounts for projects. My boyfriends company is trying to hire a mobile developer and its so hard for smaller companies, when the large companies are snapping up any good mobile developer ASAP. All it takes is getting one good app in the app store and you will have job offers

Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's okay. I don't know why it bugged me so much yesterday. But you were actually right about my hair. The ends are damaged from over processing, but I have quite oily hair. Other than that, it's not very problematic, and I'm low maintenance with it. Co-washing doesn't sound like it'd be for me, but I don't doubt that it works for others. I wouldn't feel like my hair is getting clean if I only used conditioner, but again, that's just a personal quirk. My apologies for being a bit snippy (blame the PMS 
esel_tripmotz.gif
).

Definitely ready for some spoilers. I wonder what the theme will be. I'm trying to think of something I'd like to get in December's box, but I'm not really coming up with anything specific. A blush sample would be really nice. Maybe something along the lines of NARS Sin. I wouldn't complain if they sent more of those cute bath bombs out again, either!

Edit: Don't know if anyone's seen this yet, but it's about updating your beauty profile: http://blog.birchbox.com/post/16172972886/beauty-profile-key-to-finding-your-sample-match?utm_source=operations&utm_medium=email
ah you werent snippy! all women understand this time a month but all hell breaks loose if a man comments on "it must be that time of the month" lol

Why oh why cant Miss Jesse' be mix and match??? Really...a jar of curly meringue would last me a year!!

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Umm yea, mobile developers are so highly sought after, they are requiring salaries of upwards of 150k if they even decide to work for a company. Most of them do freelance mobile design and can charge absurd amounts for projects. My boyfriends company is trying to hire a mobile developer and its so hard for smaller companies, when the large companies are snapping up any good mobile developer ASAP. All it takes is getting one good app in the app store and you will have job offers
Design is pretty lucrative in general. I think part of the problem is that companies don't really know whom to hire. For example, I spent a lot of time trying to get interviews for full-time webdesign portions, but a lot of the recruiters who came to my school were asking for people who majored in computer engineering or CS... and those people are NOT going to take $40k jobs where they design stuff for the web. First of all, because they can do a lot better most of the time even just graduating and second of all, because a lot of them aren't really well versed in webdevelopment. :

Whereas one look at my resume, it would've been thrown out because of what I (didn't) major in... even though I had the right skill sets. There's a huge gap in understanding of whom can do what between the layman and the people who actually work in the professionally IT industry.

I am really hoping for those cute little leather rings in this month's birchbox! I think it would be a fun lifestyle extra :)

Originally Posted by kaity123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am really hoping for those cute little leather rings in this month's birchbox! I think it would be a fun lifestyle extra :)
Me too! They look so adorable! I can't find them anywhere on the website though? I've just seen them on their Instagram and the November video. Are they up on the site?

Originally Posted by messjess18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by kaity123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too! They look so adorable! I can't find them anywhere on the website though? I've just seen them on their Instagram and the November video. Are they up on the site?

I love those rings too, but I would foresee a disaster regarding people getting the correct ring size. (They have a small(ring size 5-6) and large(7-8).

Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

http://www.birchbox.com/shop/brand-view-all/?brand=by-boe
"They're so cute," they said. "You can layer them," they said. One bow ring is $38! Boe seems like a brand that would show up on Sneakpeeq someday though, so maybe it can be picked up at a discount price on there in the future. BB always has sales too.

Personally, I'd rather splurge on beauty items or clothes!

Originally Posted by lovelywhim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Every time you mention the Wen product, I get more interested! It sounds like it works so well! The only issue I have with my hair is that it can get oily after only a day. It'd be great if the Wen Cleansing Conditioner would take that down a notch!
I have oily hair too and use it!  Although, my hair is very short - i still need to "wash" every day - but it's not as oily as it used to be i think.  I'd give it a shot!

I am thinking about getting a second BB sub.

Any tips on how to avoid duplications?

I want both boxes to link to my one account if possible.

Not sure how to do that though.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am thinking about getting a second BB sub.

Any tips on how to avoid duplications?

I want both boxes to link to my one account if possible.

Not sure how to do that though.

Thanks in advance for your help!
You can't link both boxes to the same account. And I think the best way to avoid duplications would be to do 2 completely different profiles, which I've done and I still receive duplicates. I don't think you can really count on anything but not receiving duplicates for the same profile. Other than that, it's a crapshoot.

If you're on the ipad, you should try Puffin as a browser.  Try their free version first, but I ended up buying it after the flash trial expired, because I can watch shows and such that you can't with safari.  It's a little persnickety, but I love having it and it shoooould work for doing reviews until they wise up and make an app.

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine too! Yay for December babies 
birthday.gif
 (and Capricorns, lol) 
Well you could be a Sagitarius... But I'm a Cap! (Actually I'm a cusp but I consider myself a Cap :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Yay Christmas babies and always getting ripped off on presents! lol. I always disclaim to my friends I'm only getting them one gift but when their birthdays actually come 'round... welp... ^^;; I'm a softie at heart.

Latest posts

Back