Birchbox: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol. I traded my 4.5 oz. DDF cleanser from the October box for a Mary-Lou Manizer sample just so I could see how big it was. I think it was a good trade.

Also, I luv perfume samples, even if they smell nasty. I can always give away the ones I don't like.
Awh, that was me! And I'm glad you thought it was a good trade, as I was a bit worried. I remember asking if there was anything else you wanted. I guess it shows you how opinions vary. I was SO glad to get another DDF Brightening Cleanser sample, as I love love LOVE it. Love. I think I still have two 2oz bottles, your 4.5 oz bottle, and a full size I got cheap from Marshalls. I love that cleanser but not the price, so thanks again for helping me stock up!

December is my last month with subs so I hope it's good!
Lol, we can probably guess at least one or two boxes will be much coveted out of the variations! Hope you go out of subs with a bang and that'll hold you over for a bit. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by mjkdior713 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

December is my last month with subs so I hope it's good!
Me too,

and-

me too.
eusa_pray.gif

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Whoa! Lol, better late than never? What'd you get?
I got the Mary-Lou- Manizer, the Sumita brow highliting pecil, Lucy B perfume samples, Keratese shampoo foil packets, (2) and a Luna bar. I actually like this box.

I got the Mary-Lou- Manizer, the Sumita brow highliting pecil, Lucy B perfume samples, Keratese shampoo foil packets, (2) and a Luna bar. I actually like this box.
Sounds like a great box. I received the Kerastese..pink packets? I really enjoyed them. Perfect since I'm lo-pooing my hair now.

Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really, really hate this term, along with "no-pooing." I just...ew, hahahaha. 
Hahaha. I haven't heard of "lo-pooing" before, but I have heard of "no-pooing"

Can you imagine people overhearing you talking about it? "So I've been no-pooing for a few weeks..." My family and friends would assume I'm talking about never going to the bathroom and think I'm crazy.

I really, really hate this term, along with "no-pooing." I just...ew, hahahaha. 
then you must not have extremely dry brittle lifeless hair

i use shampoo once every month-ish?

everytime other than that i use my aussie confidently clean conditioner to wash my hair... it never feels oily or dirty

Originally Posted by Meshybelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Guess what the mailman just brought..........My long lost October box!!!! lol
That's crazy!  Was it worth the wait?

Originally Posted by Angelalh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

then you must not have extremely dry brittle lifeless hair

i use shampoo once every month-ish?

everytime other than that i use my aussie confidently clean conditioner to wash my hair... it never feels oily or dirty
Edited because I misread, but I'm still confused. How does not liking the term "no-pooing" because it sounds gross have anything to do with the state of my hair?

Edited because I misread, but I'm still confused. How does not liking the term "no-pooing" because it sounds gross have anything to do with the state of my hair?
Maybe she misinterpreted it as you talking bad about the routine? Like... you not only hate the term "lo-pooing" but you hate the act of "no-pooing" as well!

Originally Posted by lovelywhim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hahaha. I haven't heard of "lo-pooing" before, but I have heard of "no-pooing"

Can you imagine people overhearing you talking about it? "So I've been no-pooing for a few weeks..." My family and friends would assume I'm talking about never going to the bathroom and think I'm crazy.
lmao! Yeah when my bf heard about no-poo, he made a smart ass comment, don't ask me what cuz it was a while ago! Maybe she meant she's trying to avoid it a little bit? 

Hey ladies,

I just bought an iPad and to my disappointment I can't review my birchbox items from Safari :/

Has anyone found a workaround for this? Different web browser, a way to be able to get down to the submit button? 

Thanks!

I do everything on my iPad and I had the same problem with submitting reviews. I tried getting the Chrome app, but it was really slow so I deleted it. Ultimately, I took the easy way out and just used my laptop. If someone does have a work around, I'd love to hear it!

Originally Posted by glamourcat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do everything on my iPad and I had the same problem with submitting reviews. I tried getting the Chrome app, but it was really slow so I deleted it. Ultimately, I took the easy way out and just used my laptop. If someone does have a work around, I'd love to hear it!
Maybe we'll get lucky and some beautiful genius on here knows our answer :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I use shampoo maybe 3x a month? Otherwise I condition it and it's been working great. My hair is super soft and doesn't get oily, like some fear. Plus, my hair's naturally curly and dry, so it needs all the moisture it can get lol...I say lo poo, some say no poo, then people also say co-washing. Whatever floats your boat.

Back