Birchbox: December 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I stopped buying perfume once I started getting samples.  Even thought there are some I really love and am sad to run out of, I never stay in love with fragrance long enough to finish full size bottles.  My mom has a graveyard of perfumes I broke up with.
yep. 

perfume and jewelry are two things i can never manage to remember to put on. 

Lol. I traded my 4.5 oz. DDF cleanser from the October box for a Mary-Lou Manizer sample just so I could see how big it was. I think it was a good trade. Also, I luv perfume samples, even if they smell nasty. I can always give away the ones I don't like.
That does sound like a good trade!  I think the Mary-Lou Manizer is a pretty generous sized sample, and we seem to get a lot more cleansers than makeup products like the Mary-Lou. 
I got the Vasanti Brighten Up cleanser in September and bought the full size. I couldn't use the DDF because of the alpha hydroxy acid in it. The trade worked out for me, so I'm happy. I would like fewer cleansers from Birchbox, but I subscribe because it's not all makeup, eventhoufh I wish they didn't send Lara Bars.

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yep. 

perfume and jewelry are two things i can never manage to remember to put on. 
im the same way!!! i have sooooo much jewelry and i never put it on!

Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Perfume samples don'ts seem to be popular around here, but I quite like getting them, and I hope Birchbox partners with more perfume makers for December's box. I'd love it if the Birchbox store offered more perfumes. *Cough* Flowerbomb *Cough*
I would probably cry of happiness if BB stocked Flowerbomb...it's my favorite perfume but I can't justify the price! Sephora is offering it as a 100 point perk this month though!

I LOVE getting perfume samples because I never buy perfume. I have a nice little collection of samples to choose from without spending a ton. I'll only buy a perfume if I'm completely in love with it, so I only own two: Viva la Juicy and CK in 2u.

Originally Posted by hindsighting /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would probably cry of happiness if BB stocked Flowerbomb...it's my favorite perfume but I can't justify the price! Sephora is offering it as a 100 point perk this month though!
I literally bought the cheapest thing they had just to get that, haha. I have NO money right now, and I really didn't want to pay for shipping just to get that perfume, but I did it anyway. A mini perfume that I really like for the price of shipping is pretty damn good. Now I just need to get an atomizer to transfer it into because those mini perfume bottles don't have sprayers (so annoying).

If you order a 3 month or 6 month gifted subscription, will it indicate to the recipient how long the subscription is good for? I was going to get my cousin a 3 month sub, but it'd be kind of awkward if she thought she was getting like, a year's sub or something lol.

//I kind of wish the men's box was the same price as the women's--I have a male cousin, but it'd be kind of weird to gift him something worth 2x more each month. I was only going to get my girl cousin the sub since it's her first year of college (our xmas gifts are exchanged via our parents lol). I guess it'd be kind of rude to get one cousin something, and snub the other :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.

This month will be my 1 year anniversary..will i get a pink box?
I think I've read in this forum that there sending a key chain instead of doing the anniversary box- sorry hope this isn't diappointing news . S.

I bought a one year sub after being monthly for about a year. Does anyone know if once my one year sub is up if they'll continue me on monthly? Or will I have to sign back up? Thanks!

Originally Posted by parisnicole1989 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought a one year sub after being monthly for about a year. Does anyone know if once my one year sub is up if they'll continue me on monthly? Or will I have to sign back up? Thanks!
In the FAQs section of their website, they have the following:

"Yearly subscribers may choose to opt out of auto-renew by clicking the 'Opt Out of Auto Renewal' link on the Account page under Birchbox Membership Details. This link is available during the final month of your annual subscription. To opt out earlier, contact us at 877-487-7272. This will prevent your annual subscription from automatically renewing at the end of the year."

It looks like they won't put you back on the monthly subscription. Instead, you can renew your yearly subscription. If you want to continue on monthly, maybe you can call BB CS and have them change the subscription from yearly to monthly when the time comes!

Originally Posted by lovelywhim /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In the FAQs section of their website, they have the following:

"Yearly subscribers may choose to opt out of auto-renew by clicking the 'Opt Out of Auto Renewal' link on the Account page under Birchbox Membership Details. This link is available during the final month of your annual subscription. To opt out earlier, contact us at 877-487-7272. This will prevent your annual subscription from automatically renewing at the end of the year."

It looks like they won't put you back on the monthly subscription. Instead, you can renew your yearly subscription. If you want to continue on monthly, maybe you can call BB CS and have them change the subscription from yearly to monthly when the time comes!
Thanks for that! I guess I could have just looked at the FAQ myself. :x I definitely want to renew. I got my 13 month keychain in the mail the other day even though I've been a subscriber since March of 2011. Not quite sure how they calculated the 13 months! 
huh.gif

I just tried to cancel my Birchbox subscription.  I love Birchbox and have always been very happy with my samples, but I just have so much stuff.  I had 2 Birchbox accounts, and canceled one last week.  Today I canceled my other account, and ended up rejoining an hour later.  I just cant do it.

I canceled Birchbox, and then started to think of the products I discovered through Birchbox that I can no longer live without.  Orofluido Elixer and Jouer Lip Enhancer, Stila Smudge Sticks, Zoya nail polish, etc.

I consider myself a minimalist, and prefer quality over quantity. I have no desire to own 30 bottles of nail polish or 20 different mascaras, but I dont want to miss out on the chance of finding that next holy grail product either. 

My neice has more nail polish than Sephora has in stock, and it makes her happy.  I have 6, and dont want more than that.  To each thier own! 

That's why I only have one subscription to one company.  I keep up on other threads just to see if I would like to switch at some point (or do a non-beauty sub), but I've set myself that strict, meager limit and manage not to accumulate a lot of unused samples (other than certain things, like saving a heavy lotion for winter, etc).  There are a lot of things I just don't buy anymore--mostly things for my gym bag and for travel.  

I am a nail polish hoarder though, I'll admit it. Yes, all 20 shades of purple are different. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just tried to cancel my Birchbox subscription.  I love Birchbox and have always been very happy with my samples, but I just have so much stuff.  I had 2 Birchbox accounts, and canceled one last week.  Today I canceled my other account, and ended up rejoining an hour later.  I just cant do it.

I canceled Birchbox, and then started to think of the products I discovered through Birchbox that I can no longer live without.  Orofluido Elixer and Jouer Lip Enhancer, Stila Smudge Sticks, Zoya nail polish, etc.

I consider myself a minimalist, and prefer quality over quantity. I have no desire to own 30 bottles of nail polish or 20 different mascaras, but I dont want to miss out on the chance of finding that next holy grail product either. 

My neice has more nail polish than Sephora has in stock, and it makes her happy.  I have 6, and dont want more than that.  To each thier own! 

Originally Posted by Meggpi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's why I only have one subscription to one company.  I keep up on other threads just to see if I would like to switch at some point (or do a non-beauty sub), but I've set myself that strict, meager limit and manage not to accumulate a lot of unused samples (other than certain things, like saving a heavy lotion for winter, etc).  There are a lot of things I just don't buy anymore--mostly things for my gym bag and for travel.  

I am a nail polish hoarder though, I'll admit it. Yes, all 20 shades of purple are different. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You sound like my niece with the 20 shades of purple polish! 

I've been a subsciber to Birchbox for almost a year, and had 2 accounts for most of that time.  I've subscribed to Sample Society for about 6 months, and the past couple months Ipsy, and then a couple of weeks ago I subscribed to Glossybox.  I canceled them all except for the 1 Birchbox and Sample Society. 

Before Birchbox, I used primarily Estee Lauder everything and occasionally something different from Sephora so Birchbox has expanded my horizons quite a bit.

Originally Posted by hindsighting /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I LOVE getting perfume samples because I never buy perfume. I have a nice little collection of samples to choose from without spending a ton. I'll only buy a perfume if I'm completely in love with it, so I only own two: Viva la Juicy and CK in 2u.
I never buy perfume either!  I also like to take several different when I travel & they take up no room.  I only own a few full size too, but they are cheap body sprays from Bath & Body.

Originally Posted by peridotcricket /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the Vasanti Brighten Up cleanser in September and bought the full size. I couldn't use the DDF because of the alpha hydroxy acid in it.

The trade worked out for me, so I'm happy. I would like fewer cleansers from Birchbox, but I subscribe because it's not all makeup, eventhoufh I wish they didn't send Lara Bars.
I LOVE the Vasanti. I just bought the full size too! 

Quote:

Originally Posted by marybbryant /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You sound like my niece with the 20 shades of purple polish! 

I've been a subsciber to Birchbox for almost a year, and had 2 accounts for most of that time.  I've subscribed to Sample Society for about 6 months, and the past couple months Ipsy, and then a couple of weeks ago I subscribed to Glossybox.  I canceled them all except for the 1 Birchbox and Sample Society. 

Before Birchbox, I used primarily Estee Lauder everything and occasionally something different from Sephora so Birchbox has expanded my horizons quite a bit.
And yeah, I've found so many new products through BB, especially cleansers and whatnot. I have Ipsy, Birchbox and Julep, though I am trying to get rid of Julep... 

Back