Birchbox February 2016 **Spoilers**

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The curated box looks awfully cruddy to me. I wouldn't mind having the lip tar though. The highlighter and the mud mask are kind of meh and the other two items are bleh. I got the hair product in a past box and didn't like it and no one wants the perfume sample. 

So I guess I'm gonna try for sample choice (this didn't go well for me last month). I'm leaning towards the lip balm. I'm still considering the cleansing oil but I don't like that I can't find anything on it yet. I've gotten both the masks before. They are alright but I personally have never seen the wow factor with these. I do much better with everything Paula's Choice. I literally don't want to buy or try (even though I've tried everything) any other skincare. I really wish Sephora or Ulta sold them so I could rack up some rewards. It would be so nice. 

I got the email about sample choice reveals but the "customize my box" page isn't working/loading yet.

ETA: jk it's working now. But it's just the video, the shorter video!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried watching the sample reveal video they were doing live on FB while waiting for my DD to get out of school....that was one hot mess. I couldn't stand it! Thank you for posting the choices here!! 

I'm really looking forward to the Hey Honey peel--like a previous poster, I got it in an ipsy bag before, and loved it! My husband even let me put it on him LOL nothing else seems to grab my attention :/ 

Just a heads up!  In the bonus shop they have 4 different deluxe skin care samples (oily, Sensitive, moisturizing and anti-aging) with any full price skin care product!! And the LA Fresh 3 pack facial cloths for  $2 work!  I bought it twice and got the oily and sensitive skin!! Some of the deluxe samples are  full size sheet sheet masks, like Dr. Jart!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up!  In the bonus shop they have 4 different deluxe skin care samples (oily, Sensitive, moisturizing and anti-aging) with any full price skin care product!! And the LA Fresh 3 pack facial cloths for  $2 work!  I bought it twice and got the oily and sensitive skin!! Some of the deluxe samples are  full size sheet sheet masks, like Dr. Jart!
Woah, thanks for the heads up!

Just a heads up! In the bonus shop they have 4 different deluxe skin care samples (oily, Sensitive, moisturizing and anti-aging) with any full price skin care product!! And the LA Fresh 3 pack facial cloths for $2 work! I bought it twice and got the oily and sensitive skin!! Some of the deluxe samples are full size sheet sheet masks, like Dr. Jart!
Thank you! I got the anti-aging and dry skin☺️

Thanks a lot!

I just placed 4 orders to get one of each. First 2 orders went through ("processing"), but the last 2 are "under review" although I received confirmation emails for them :/

Have you seen "under review" status before?

At least first 2 were moisturizing and anti-aging samplers (the ones I wanted most), so I won't be upset even if they cancel the last 2 :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've had the "under review" status once. It was because I purchased two gift subs back to back and the totals were identical. I think they just wanted to be sure it wasn't a duplicate order.

I've had the "under review" status once. It was because I purchased two gift subs back to back and the totals were identical. I think they just wanted to be sure it wasn't a duplicate order.
Thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

There was no mention of the code or sampler GWP on the order details page or confirmation email. Hope there won't be any issues.

So are aces not longer getting first dibs on sample choice? Bc both my accts say 1/30 vs. 1/26 if I refer a friend...

So are aces not longer getting first dibs on sample choice? Bc both my accts say 1/30 vs. 1/26 if I refer a friend...
They've been messing with people about that for months. Every time a video comes out they only talk about referrals. Their website doesn't specify that aces get first choice, but I know for January I did. 

Does anyone know, If I wanted to get another February box, what is the 1 st day I can sub?? Bc right now they said they would send a Jan??

Did the sample pack show up on your order confirmation page/emails?

They've been messing with people about that for months. Every time a video comes out they only talk about referrals. Their website doesn't specify that aces get first choice, but I know for January I did.
Wasn't that one of the perks of being an ace...first dibs? I mean...free shipping yay...but is birchbox about to go all ipsy on us...

I still haven't decided what to pick. I just broke down and ordered the strong start LE box, so I don't want to leave it up to chance as I'd rather not get another lip balm (even if I like it). I've sample the Ren mask before and I do like it a lot... So trying to decide between a sure thing and trying something new. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back